It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Hysteria, Hypnosis and Trauma Bonding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I was just deciding to come start this thread and I saw a few threads from ATS staff about terms of use and emotions running extra high, this only compounds how I feel about the need for my thread.

As stated in another post here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am a hypnotist with a bit of understanding in the area of linguistics and NLP. The above post is my analysis of the recent speech by Obama. While I am sure folks who frequent this site are far less likely to get sucked in than the average bear I still feel compelled to speak up as the 10 yr anniversary of 2001 is only hours away.

I am almost overwhelmed (I live several thousand miles away and didn't know a soul that was lost that day) with all the images on the TV right now of the events from that day, complete with *never before seen footage* If you read my other post about the speech and take those tidbits to the news you listen to and even the images that are attached to them I think it will help to keep wits intact if something terrible does go down.

For starters most people do not realize how EASY group (mass) hypnosis actually IS!!!!! The person or people (subjects) do not need to be slumped in a deep trance or even be aware they have entered into an altered state. Secondly the more senses a hypnotist can bring into play the more effective suggestions become and the more almost *without a thought* commands are accepted. Third there are reams and reams of pages and books written on Trauma Bonding, saddest of all is the bond between the victim(s) and the perpetrator(s). Lastly anniversary dates already have a deep emotional affect on a person, just think about the death of a loved one. Often people will begin to wonder what in the hell is wrong with them and then realize... usually AFTER the fact their behavior/thoughts/feelings are connected to the anniversary of a death even if it took place decades in the past!

Right now every American is being bombarded with news rehashing all the events from that terrible day, complete with imagery which I think most adults understand can be VERY powerful! It is quite easy to see how much our tender spots associated to that event are being touched, scratched and SLAPPED over and over and OVER again. Some of the wise only take this all in small digestible bits, but even the wise can get sucked in once the emotional response is triggered.

In closing I want to say if you were in the locals of the attacks PLEASE protect yourself from these images the minute you feel yourself being triggered by them. If you were there and saw, heard and especially if you SMELLED the aftermath of these atrocities you are especially vulnerable. SMELL is a most powerful trigger if not THE most powerful of all the senses.

Once that emotional response is triggered (probably doubly or triply so if smell is the trigger) be VERY careful and if you catch yourself smelling those long ago odors, do whatever you need to do to ground and focus yourself. Visual images and the site of things can trigger the smell, this is a hallucination actually. Once this happens understand that you HAVE been *regressed* right back INTO that memory; along with all the emotions and thoughts you felt THEN. This is EXACTLY HOW a hypnotist helps a person recall events from a repressed memory!!!!!!!!!!

In the words of a famous character from a really good series: Everyone be careful out there, alright!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Wow! Well done, and creepy!!!

So, how does one go about dodging these suggestions?

S&F

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think you are right, about how easily our minds are lead. I thought of an example, which your post reminded me of. When I hear certain songs, which I listened to often when I was 'coming of age' as-they-say, I immediately can nearly smell the 'patchouli oil' someone was wearing, and see images (people, clothing styles, voices, hair) like I'm there. I never thought of this -before-, but that is a hypnotic -regression!- Interesting!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RoswellCityLimits

As with most things, awareness is the key! The entire reason so many posters are behaving in ways not typical for them is because they have already been triggered and regressed into the fear, anger and hysteria everyone experienced that day...no matter where you lived or even if you didn't lose a loved one. These affected peeps are not *in their right minds* I am not implying they have gone crazy but rather THEY ARE IN AN ALTERED STATE. Until or unless they snap themselves out of it they will not return to their normal selves. Add to that many folks once triggered in this manner are on some level reveling in the emotions and thoughts. An example would be the anger. Remember they are not feeling this anger in the way a person in a fully awake state remember feelings that happened long ago. These poor people are RELIVING the trauma, fear and anger of THAT day in 2001. So you get this *NOT again!* feeling going on. Once such a person becomes angry it can be far more rewarding to let that OUT rather than sucking it up AGAIN.

If a person comes into awareness they have been triggered and are reliving or behaving in a past tense sort of way, focusing and grounding in the here and now helps to bring them out of it. Simple things like taking an ice cube and running it over your body can help a lot...such methods bring you SNAP right back to the here and now.

What has got me so concerned is even very rational and reasonable people in such a state will not have an easy time of grounding if there is another event... If you are trying to pull yourself out of old feelings and thoughts BUT they ARE the same as the here and now......the odds of success are small

When you add the impact of the group energy it gets intensified like to the tenth power. Think about how you felt and then think about how those feelings intensified when you were in a group all feeling the same as you and discussing and sharing and watching together. The trauma bonding REALLY kicks in.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

AND a hallucination lol even if it isn't a memory from the 60's LOL

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
yea me and my wife bolth just watched 9/11 remembered on NBC . and it really did get us bolth very emotional. thay evan brought back ol`Tom Brocaw*?
to host it.

right after that 11oclock news saying three men are reported to be trying to atack... its escalating!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Thank you. The .gov has become nothing more than one big psyops job.

Now, if you will excuse me, 911 is almost here. I need to go drink some more prune juice to make absolutely sure that I poop my pants on that day. Can't be having any constipation ... or I may be thrown in jail and disappeared.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Thank you so much for this post. I am a Veteran. The minute it started we got in War mode, and eventually my unit went in 2003 for the start of Iraq. We are scarred and scattered. I have been telling several of my Veteran friends who just complain of general maliase - that be aware of how triggering all this stuff is.

My facebook post just an hour ago related that I am having a difficult time processing and intigrating this event, and I am proactive concerning my PTSD and mental health. These are helpful words in a trying time.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBirdSaid

Thank YOU so much for your service and sacrifice

Be gentle with yourself the next few days!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
So as the day is finally here I felt it only right I post a follow up on my original post. I felt I was doing well, but eventually I myself was sucked in! I found myself watching the memorial service for Flight 93 yesterday and crying and crying for those people. After reading lots of posts here on ATS I found myself even more angry than 10 yrs ago, wondering if those poor people were even ON that plane! Because I live so far away, by the time I was watching it never crossed my mind the information coming out initially was too informed or too detailed.... NEVER. I have always felt we were not told the truth but in reading post from people much closer, but now I have very new perspectives I didn't have in 2001.

I guess most people here just assumed without giving it too much thought that what we were seeing was updated and edited from the things east coast people heard and saw in the minutes immediately following the first impact.

Once sucked in it took me most of the rest of the day to realize it as my emotions were all over the map, not to mention almost a heightened sense of confusion due to new insights. Eventually I just shoved my netbook away; I went to sleep. Once I realized I was in the very kind of altered state all the hoopla is about I was pissed off too. With myself and TPTB.

At some point I woke up and could hear my TV, it sounded like the event at ground zero was taking place.....I reached for the remote and turned it OFF and promptly went back to sleep.

Now, after a good full time of rest I am just angry.... I spent some time looking and posting in the new threads here on the topic of today. I am sure I will speak to some of the Sept 11 things in future posts but for now, this is the last thing I am going to post or read about this day.

I hope everyone is fairing as well as possible and my heart sincerely goes out to all the people affected by the events in 2001 in all the countries of the world.

Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoswellCityLimits
Wow! Well done, and creepy!!!

So, how does one go about dodging these suggestions?

S&F

Check out Derren Brown. I really dont know his intentions but hes a master at nlp and hypnosis. If you too want to be a master, you have to be on guard, its a blessing and a curse. I used to be a big time religious fanatic and I was extremely under the spell. I kinda have to give credit to the freemasons for waking me up. I've had so much hatred for them, I really wanna stop playing the blame game because everyone is unique and an individual. But check out derren brown, thats how i got put on to nlp and hypnosis.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I remember coming home and turning on the t.v. and there was the first tower in flames. My brain almost couldn't make sense of it, what it was. Was it a film? I remember others who said it seemed like a movie, it was so unreal and i'd never felt like that before or since apart from when you wake up and are not sure if a dream was real. Then the second plane hit and my instant thought was 'terrorist attack', what else would it be? That is what it looked like and I had no other reason to beleive it was abything else. I just automatically accepted what it looked like. I was in some sort of numb shock. A natural defence in traumatic events. Then the towers fell and I again just accepted that, they just fell. My brain at that time couldn't put any pieces together, I only needed to accept what I was told in the aftermath in order to get on with life , to deal with it and move on, it was natural. I think this is why the attack had to be so big, in plain view of he world because the culprits new how people would react naturally, especially the American people who would be more greatly traumatised with it being much closer to home. And why we are all trying to accept and get on with our lives the 'evil' plan is continuing while we all look in the other direction and let our passions take over what should be common sense. We simpky don't want to know so we can continue to get on with our lives. Well that was the plan anyway, they knew the psychology of war and trauma, thay had enough time to get so far but now we are waking up.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Nokrank

On a lighter note, to those of you who are familiar with the t.v. series Father Ted there is an episode that reminds me of the trauma reaction. Father Ted loses a bet and has to kick Bishop Brennan up the arse, which he eventually does. Bishop Brennan can't believe this and goes into numb quiet shock while Father Ted just acts like nothing at all happened and gets rid of the Bishop asap. It's not until later whilst on the plane home the Bishop comes out of shock and realises he has bee n kicked up the arse by Ted. Oh how we laughed
Ted is the government kickin us up the arse and the Bishop is us. The traumatised

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed

In the words of a famous character from a really good series: Everyone be careful out there, alright!

I don't get your point. If someone does see these images and regresses back to the point of time they originally witnessed the event, what bad thing is going to happen to their mental health? If anything, I would think repeated exposure would desensitize them to the horrors that happeed.

Look at the truthers here, who watch videos of the impact again and again looking for hidden meanings that will finally reveal "the secet conspiracy", which only makes them lose sight of the fact they're watching the exact moment in time several hundred people lost their lives.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Sure a person can be desensitized to an event but most people that are triggered are not those watching incessantly and constantly rehashing it..... Mostly they are people that have moved on in life and have it all in pretty good perspective most of the time. What was happening at the 10 anniversary time was all sorts of footage playing all over the place. Some classics but also some little seen stuff....

The average person was traumatized in 2001, even those of us very far removed from the strike zones. Many of this group got completely blindsided at some point.

To use your point, mainly because they have not obsessed and moved on so they were not desensitized to the images like the truthers etc etc

new topics

top topics

join