It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Ancient Aliens'-haters! For the good of humanity; cut the show some slack!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Now that I can see their pictures next to each other, I can kind of see the resemblance between Giorgio A. Tsoukalos and Sideshow Bob.

But I have to say I like the show, I've been interested in aliens for years and I grew up a Christian, so looking at the world through the perspective that they offer at the very least does make me stop and think about the possibilities.
edit on 10-9-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Sorry.. I can't get passed this guy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2493527ca8c4.jpg[/atsimg]

Giorgio is awesome!! Nobody else can pull off that hair... And nobody else can say it like he did in the latest episode: "to me, it is anything but... a penis sheath."

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

The thing is, you have to work to get your hair like that. Which means, at some point, he says to himself, "Ah, yeah, there it is. That looks good. Action!" He's either completely oblivious to hair styling, or a marketing genius because it makes him instantly recognizable.

But it's a good show and it asks questions that need to be asked. I don't agree with everything I see on there, but I do agree with a lot of it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

In being completely fair, he may be a marketing genius.

I wouldn't argue against that, it has worked.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

Definitely a marketing genius. If he were truly oblivious to his hair styling I doubt his beard would look so immaculate.

On a slightly different note... I too love this show, but don't ascribe to its views entirely. My one criticism is that I cannot stand David Childress (I think that's his name). His style of speech is very annoying to me and he is probably the quickest "expert" on the show in terms of jumping from "humans could maybe do this" to "there must have been extraterrestrial help, because humans could not do this".

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Ancient Aliens kicks ass. I don't care what anybody says, the show is interesting and it makes you think. It's better than 90% of the brainless drivel that is on TV nowadays.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious

The thing is, you have to work to get your hair like that. Which means, at some point, he says to himself, "Ah, yeah, there it is. That looks good. Action!" He's either completely oblivious to hair styling, or a marketing genius because it makes him instantly recognizable.

But it's a good show and it asks questions that need to be asked. I don't agree with everything I see on there, but I do agree with a lot of it.

what if he styles it, gets in his convertible and jams out with the top down on the way to where ever he needs to go and when he gets out, he feels great and just doesn't give a crap and digs his new windblown hairdo.

OR

he lost a bet somewhere along the line.

OR

he's trying to hide his yamaka for the camera that his mom won't let him take off.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
i'm totally betting it's the yamaka, that's why he fans it out- in case he turns his head to much in any direction.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I liked the show as well as my wife and 9 year old daughter. My son.. eh he is 4 can't expect much. That being said, outside teh box thinking is what has lead to some great theories and....some not so great ones. The best part of the show is that they covered MANY theories instead of focusing on just one. Then they tie different aspects together in different shows which further tied different theories together but yet still did not force feed it down your throat.

BTW.. thanks ATS as most of the stuff on there i read about on here. But the show tied it all together, kind of like the rug in the big lebowski

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
If you are reading these posts but can not see who is posting then it MUST BE Ancient Aliens!

If you have posted here and have recieved a response but have not seen who it was then it MUST BE Ancient Aliens!

If you butter your toast but have not seen the butter being made then it MUST BE Ancient Aliens!

If you are able to get water from your faucet but can not see from where it comes then it MUST BE Ancient Aliens!

Seriously though, Great show for entertainment purposes but I would not allow myself to view it as any more then that and if you are forced to then it MUST BE Ancient Aliens forcing you.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
You don't have to believe everything they say to like the show. I like teh show because i learn about new places that i have never heard of before, and thats cool. Some of their beliefs are hard to believe, but i have always said that its more logical that it was aliens that came to earth, rather than God and angels. Its just another interesting way of looking at things.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenthuin
reply to post by The_Phantom

My one criticism is that I cannot stand David Childress (I think that's his name). His style of speech is very annoying to me and he is probably the quickest "expert" on the show in terms of jumping from "humans could maybe do this" to "there must have been extraterrestrial help, because humans could not do this".

This guy annoys the hell out of me too for both reasons. I'm a "voice' person as it is and if I can't stand someone's voice, it just makes me grit my teeth.
Besides him, they really should give ancient people more credit.

Originally posted by Jay-morris
You don't have to believe everything they say to like the show. I like teh show because i learn about new places that i have never heard of before, and thats cool. Some of their beliefs are hard to believe, but i have always said that its more logical that it was aliens that came to earth, rather than God and angels. Its just another interesting way of looking at things.

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer

Originally posted by DarthChrisious

what if he styles it, gets in his convertible and jams out with the top down on the way to where ever he needs to go and when he gets out, he feels great and just doesn't give a crap and digs his new windblown hairdo.

OR

he lost a bet somewhere along the line.

OR

he's trying to hide his yamaka for the camera that his mom won't let him take off.

don't know about the yamaka but he has to be "baked" lol!!!

he has nice suits too.

some alien ganja, perhaps?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
ya, clearly the colors in his suit indicate fashion sense.. and they are those nice earth tones that hippies like.

or maybe the suit indicates the business sense while the hair screams rock n' roll!... on nitrous...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RoswellCityLimits

I like the show, gives my mind a chance to think about infinite possibilities.

Like i said.infinite possibilities

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Dont forget where he comes from? He publishes The Legenary Times Magazine and website. Check him out there.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Although the 'Ancient Aliens' series is very entertaining, I do not agree with any of the conclusions drawn from the show's experts and researchers.

Every single thing on those television episodes... and out of place artifacts... and ancient advanced knowledge... it can all be contributed to being purely man made. We've had more than one hunter-gatherer stage, more than one stone age, and more than one knowledge/information/technological stage. Global rise and fall, rise and fall. We are solely responsible for our ancient achievements, we have just forgotten.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

This show is intended; primarily; to educate...

I'm sorry, but I had to stop reading after that statement made from a position of utter ignorance. I suggest you google a few words that might help you understand how reality here actually works.....here, let me start you off with one word "capitalism".

Fear not, and don't be embarrassed or angry, for decades many among us have not understood that simple concept and have been making claims based from a position of ignorance.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda81

This guy annoys the hell out of me too for both reasons. I'm a "voice' person as it is and if I can't stand someone's voice, it just makes me grit my teeth.

That guy was recently on the now ball-less podcast "The Paracast". The idiotic things he said on there were HILARIOUS. I mean, this guy is a friggin' idiot. He swallows every single conspiracy thrown at him and regurgitates it. He has never met a conspiracy he didn't love, hug, feed and nurture any way he can. A total friggin' idiot. I highly recommend listening to it (for as long as you can) for some great laughs and insight into the shear stupidity that plagues our favorite subject.

And to think, people watch this ridiculous ancient aliens show (confusing it for some sort of education.....sad) and have no idea of the depth of idiocy these guys are coming from.

And we wonder what is wrong with this subject and why nobody can take us seriously, lol. Duh.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

hey, thanks for straightening all of us out.

we would have been flailing around like so many thalidomide babies on crack if you hadn't shown up.

take it for what it is.

what's snooki up to these days?

you like reality shows right?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join