It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Ancient Aliens'-haters! For the good of humanity; cut the show some slack!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This show is intended; primarily; to educate (...and not very well, might I add) the masses of folks out there that find the idea fascinating, and may know only the following about Paleo-Contact Theory:

1 Erich Von Daniken's books were huge back in the 70's, and he didn't research them very well.

...and that's about it.

We're not talking a few thousand people here, either! Millions of people have not watched the show.

More people are essentially going thru Ancient Astronaut 101, and those of us intrigued by the whole shebang get to watch a truly eccentric person suggest all kinds of out-of-the-box, and outright left-field ideas...

IMO...this show is good for the breeding of an open-minded discourse on man's past.

How are we supposed to come up with answers to unknowns, without thinking AROUND them to do so?

Let them wander around the target blindly, it's fun to watch! (...and they may eventually stumble upon it!)

I thank you all in advance for an adult debate!!!
edit on 9/9/11 by RoswellCityLimits because: to clarify

edit on 9/9/11 by RoswellCityLimits because: spelling

edit on 9/9/11 by RoswellCityLimits because: because; that's why!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Sorry.. I can't get passed this guy.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Hahahah, I was waiting for someone to post that.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

...but he's the funniest (ie: entertaining) part!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You don't find any good answers by wandering around blindly.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RoswellCityLimits

Personally, I like the show.
It has some pretty interesting views and information.
Although, I've always wondering why that guys hair looks like he's been shocked.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
meh I know about the history they teach us in school, and I still find the show interesting ... different strokes and all of that!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

You don't find any good answers by wandering around blindly.

Any answer is better than mere conjecture; would you not agree?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Agreed.

I don't expect everyone to like Ancient Aliens. I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with Ancient Aliens (I don't)... but isn't that life? Is it worth complaining about? It's a TV show, for one thing... and people have the right to express their beliefs and thoughts, either via TV or whatever other medium they might choose.

I *would* like to see more evidence, more research, and more than just four "scholars" represented though. The fact is that there are plenty of strains of "inadvertent assent" out there (i.e. the research of other scholars, working in entirely different fields, that are cogent with the Ancient Astronaut theorists' assertions) that could be reasonably included in a logical argument, but they rarely seem to go there, preferring instead to call upon unsubstantiated claims.

Still. It's interesting, if nothing else, and Georgio makes it all so very worthwhile.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Here, here!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The problem is that some extremely outlandish ideas or conclusions are put forth. The uninitiated are not able to distinguish these from the more established facts or ideas. Hence they'll will disregard the whole subject, and anyone with a serious interest will be seen as a wacko or nut-case...

And Georgio's passion and zeal, plus the hair, do make the show more entertaining. I can enjoy the show knowing basically how to seperate the signal from the noise...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
My 2 cents for what its worth? By a preponderence of the huge amount of evidence available...at least most of it must be true. Many may disagree with me, yet, in our courts...if most of the evidence bears witness to what is to be understood acceptable facts...then 75% of the Ancient Aliens series provides that we are not alone, never have been alone, and are part of a grand yet unknown plan involving the universe(s) and residents therein of the galactic community.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

Personally, I like the show.
It has some pretty interesting views and information.
Although, I've always wondering why that guys hair looks like he's been shocked.
I like the show too, and I do believe in certain aspects of the Ancient Alien theory, but even I can admit that they stretch the truth and go out on wild tangents much too often...all it really does it damage the reputation of the whole theory and anyone involved with it. PS - his hair if freakin awesome.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

They do stretch it pretty far sometimes.
Isn't that what we do on ATS everyday?
Everything they show IS plausible.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoswellCityLimits

...but he's the funniest (ie: entertaining) part!

I know, right?... that guy should just start a televised book reading program.

for some reason i want this guy to explain really complicated things to me.
perhaps that is the convincing power of looking insane.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I happen to love the show Ancient Aliens..I agree some of its is a stretch but i like there out of the box thinking and there views and information ..Georgio i love his passion on the subject ..I look forward to watching the show each week
Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Quite a bit of it gets me thinking, I really enjoy the show. I don't believe all of it, but some of it is quite convincing. I just want Giorgio to wear a hat or something.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

But his hair is so awesome.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Yeah Ancient Aliens is really cool and it definitely questions, and confronts, the norm and what the MSM tries to teach us in schools.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Look, I am a believer in ancient knowledge and wisdom. I do not know where that wisdom originated, here or out there but I will say one thing. Although the show is very entertaining and thought provoking, they make WAY too many stretches for it to be taken seriously and who knows..... Maybe thats the purpose.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join