It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you "non-believers" doing on the 9/11 Anniversary?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If you turned on your television this week, there is no doubt you noticed the programming is flooded with shows on 9/11. Anything from the Bush Interview to scientific breakdown of the building’s collapse, it is on this week. Sure, it makes sense being that it is the 10 year anniversary of that tragic day, but this is all for the people that believe in the official story, The 9/11 Commission Report.

So, my question is directed to those that don’t believe the official story…….the so-called truthers. Conspiracy theorists. Non-patriots as some like to call us. What are you doing to honor those lost on 9/11/01? Or, what are you doing instead of watching the shows on the official story? If you are like me, seeing some of these reports and shows makes you sick, because you know that there is so much more information and research out there that has been ignored. For me, I have not been watching those shows, and instead have decided to pick back up my research on alternative theories of that fateful day. I have again watched Loose Change, and while they do present some staggering information, I do also take it lightly, because most likely, not all of the information they have is correct either. I have also decided to talk to a few friends that most likely follow the official story and see what kind of seed I can plant in their minds. I don’t expect to change opinions, but I felt like I could do my part and spread the word.

Again, I am just curious what the non-believers of the official story are doing to honor the 10 year anniversary of 9/11. Thank you!
edit on 9/9/2011 by ChachiArcola because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Like every other night. Light myself a nice marlboro. Oh so tasty to my lungs...

And like someone else said. I'll give a minute of compassion to all the innocent iraqi and afghani lives lost in those wars. Maybe I'll remember some the american lives too. Just maybe.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

Again, I am just curious what the non-believers of the official story are doing to honor the 10 year anniversary of 9/11. Thank you!

Making salsa. Yup, home made local organic salsa. Oh I'm sure I'll take a few moments to reflect on these past 10 years, but mostly it will be a normal day. I've given up trying to make a difference or spread the truth, no one cares, no one wants to hear, so bullhorning crowds isn't doing a thing.

I'm going to take a few moments of silence to remember those lost and go on living as I would expect, no, demand, they do themselves if the situation was reversed

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

To honor it? u made me laugh.

I mean i am feeling sorry for innocent people that died that day,but i am as well sorry for innocent people died in Afganistan,Iraq,Libya,Serbia end everywhere else where Americans have bombed civilians. So yeah...I dont f#&#€$ believe to official story,not about 9/11 not about anything. If there is a God......one day....

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcolaHi, Chachi. I'll probably be weeping. My country has been hijacked, the media is complicit, and two out of three people I ask believe that 'jet fuel caused the twin towers to pancake'. All I can hope for is, that it's darkest before the dawn.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm not going to do anything. 9/11 has been used to define the current mindset of the majority of people in the US (divided, busybody, intolerant, hateful, bigoted, vengeful and anti-freedom) and I have no desire to further feed into that.

I'm done with 9/11. It's a tragedy that happened, but it's MINOR compared to the horror it has served to perpetrate in the world. It's miniscule compared to what has happened to the minds of the people and the spirit of this country since then, not to mention the suffering caused by us in other countries.

I am avoiding all TV specials and presidential interviews, knowing that it's all part of the show. I don't care to be lied to over and over again. On 9/11, I'm going to sing, "Today I don't feel like doin' anything.... I just wanna lay in my bed..."
edit on 9/9/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Wow, you guys are balls of fire here! So far we have:

-Smoking a Marlboro
-Nothing
-Making Salsa
-Weeping (thank you for your post!)
-Lay in bed

OK, thank you for you for your posts, as that is what I asked for. I guess I had hoped to get some more constructive answers than that, but I very much appreciate the honesty! Seriously, doing nothing is making a statement as to what your thoughts and feelings are about 9/11. Hell, making salsa is a statement too! Those terrorists aren’t going to hold down your salsa making self, right!?

Truly, thank you for your posts!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Checking behind the bushes for al Qaeda of course.

Playing medal of honor and pretending I'm hunting down Bin Laden

Waving a made in China American flag.

What else would I be doing?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Nothing different than usual, as another poster said 9/11 was terrible...but lets face it, it was a drop in the ocean compared to the untold amount of suffering unleashed upon innocent people because of it, whether through military or political means. Or the suffering endured by people around the world everyday, roughly 30,000 people dying in the congo a month for example. Let the families of relatives killed in the attacks grieve... a cheesy, flag waving cliche bunch of nonsense meant to spur false patriotism is not appealing to me.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
obviously i'm playing counterstrike, terrorist side

edit on 9-9-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm just sitting here wondering, and kinda annoyed, why nobody remembers (on such a scale) the thousands upon thousands of people killed during Operation Iraqi Freedom. Is it a race thing? I mean, I can understand the US having a huge memorial because it happened there..

But well, you know...

I'm hurt for the forgotten victims I suppose. The world baffles me. It's arrogant really.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I'll honor the innocent people who died that day by exercising as many civil liberties as possible. They hold a place not much different than a soldier who died at the hands of an enemy and the best way to salute their sacrifice is to remain free and enjoy every minute of it.

But aside from that, for every freedom we exercise, we send a message to those who would have us bow to laws unbefitting the US Constitution. That is yet another way to honor the fallen, whoever they may be.

Liberty is a muscle that atrophies if not used.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Have a Memorial for

William Morgan (1774–1826?) was a resident of Batavia, New York, whose disappearance ignited a powerful anti-Freemason movement in the United States in the early 19th century. After stating his intention to write a book exposing Freemasonry's "secrets", Morgan was arrested, kidnapped, and then apparently killed. His disappearance sparked a public outcry and launched the formation of a new Anti-Masonic Party.[1]

He was murdered by Freemasons on 9/11/1826

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
every day i try to educate people subtly. 9/11 being on tv gives more opportunities to tell people that jet fuel cannot melt steel.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

What you are talking about? on 9/11 I will be doing the same darn thing I been doing everyday, go on my business.

I'm confuse
I am supposed to be doing different?

Please enlighten me.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Having the usual Sunday .... probably reading something in the morning..... maybe dig in the garden .... afternoon nap..... trying to make up excuses to leave early so I don't have to have dinner with boyfriend's parents [don't like his mom's cooking or the praying over food - they never pray for the Chocolate God!!!
]

Poke around on ATS when I get home
Soak in bath.....sleep.

Very boring Sunday.

I think unless you are N.American or have been affected by 9/11, its just a day like always. Atrocities happen every month in other countries and no-one gets this worked up. I feel bad for the families of the people that died there, but then I also feel bad for those people that were/ are affected by all the fires, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes etc etc. It seems a bit wrong to pick and choose who you are going to do memorials for.

My opinion anyway.

Grrr - I suck at explaining myself!! Please take the above comment as it is meant and not like what it sounds.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
watching football.... J. E.T.S. JETS JETS JETS !!!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Real question is, what are you OSrs doing? Or, what is the real purpose of this thread? Trying to spark some fights? It really makes you think.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saltarello

Real question is, what are you OSrs doing? Or, what is the real purpose of this thread? Trying to spark some fights? It really makes you think.

Really? That is how you interpreted my thread? Well, to answer your question, no I wasn't trying to start fights, but thank you for accusing me as such. The real purpose of this thread was to find out what people who do not believe in the original story, are doing this time of year, and this year in particular. For me, it just has been driving me nuts seeing all these shows about the "real" story, and I know it had to be bugging others too, so I started a thread. If you are bothered by it, DON'T READ THE THREAD AND DON'T POST! Is it that hard? I'm not sure why this is such a problem on ATS, but it is.

Anyways, this is why I directed my question in the OP to those that don't believe the official story, because frankly, I know what the believers are doing, as it is all over TV. I too hate what this one event turned into, and by all means, the soldiers and civilians who have lost their lives since, in any country, sadens me too. It is funny how my original comments get turned around, but I suppose I should have expected it. What I didn't expect was the disdain that has been shown by some posters. But hey, it is ATS....the most unique mix of people anywhere on the net!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join