It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

45 Jihadist Threats You May Have Forgotten (since 9/11) Here's the List:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Here's a list of 45 credible threats and plots targeted against the United States since 9/11: Read it and weep:

1. Richard Reid
December 2001

Shoe bomber.

2. ‘Library Tower’ Plot
February 2002

Plot to attempt a second 9/11-style aerial attack to topple the tallest building in Los Angeles.

3. José Padilla
May 2002

Accused of meeting with Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in a dirty bomb plot. Sentenced to 17 years in 2008.

4. Earnest James Ujaama
July 2002

Seattle-based terror cell plotted to support the Taliban.

5. U.S. Forces in Germany
September 2002

A man and a woman of Turkish heritage—the man born in Germany—are arrested for plotting to blow up U.S. Army headquarters in Germany.

6. Lackawanna Cell
September 2002

Six Yemeni-Americans are accused of conspiring to help al Qaeda and plead guilty.

7. Oregon Taliban plot
October 2002

Seven Oregonians arrested in plot to join the Taliban and wage war against the United States.

8. Al Qaeda Gas Attack Plot on NYC Subways
Spring 2003

Reported by Ron Suskind in The One Percent Doctrine.

9. Iyman Farris
May 2003

Plot to destroy the Brooklyn Bridge.

10. Virginia Jihad Network
June 2003

Virginia group trained for apparent urban warfare missions, including training in Afghanistan.

11. Nuradin M. Abdi
November 2003

Plotted to bomb a Columbus, Ohio, shopping mall.

12. Dhiren Barot
August 2004

Plotted to bomb locations in New York, Newark, and Washington.

13. James Elshafay and Shahawar Matin Siraj
August 2004

Plotted to bomb train station near Madison Square Garden in bid to disrupt the Republican National Convention.

14. Levar Haley Washington, Gregory Vernon Patterson, Hammad Riaz Samana, and Kevin James
August 2005

Arrested for conspiring to attack National Guard facilities and synagogues around Los Angeles.

15. Mohammad Zaki Amawi, Marwan Othman El-Hindi, and Zand Wassim Mazlou
February 2006

Convicted in 2008 (PDF) of conspiring to commit terrorism against Americans overseas.

16. Syed Haris Ahmed and Ehsanul Islam Sadequee
April 2006

Gathered surveillance and met with other terrorists about targets in Washington, D.C.

17. Narseal Batiste, Patrick Abraham, Stanley Grant Phanor, Naudimar Herrera, Burson Augustin, Lyglenson Lemorin, and Rotschild Augustine
June 2006

Plotted to blow up Sears Tower.

18. Assem Hammoud
July 2006

Plotted to attack PATH trains between New York and New Jersey.

19. Jetliner bombing plot
August 2006

Twenty-four suspects arrested for plotting to blow up 10 U.S. jetliners with liquid explosives. This plot led to the regulation of liquids on planes.

20. Houston Taliban
November 2006

Kobie Diallo Williams and four other men are charged with conspiring to support the Taliban after training in Texas.

21. Derrick Shareef
December 2006

Planned to set off grenades at a shopping mall near Chicago.

22. Fort Dix Plot
May 2007

The “Fort Dix Six” plotted to attack Fort Dix in New Jersey.

23. JFK Airport
June 2007

Four men plotted to blow up fuel tanks and pipelines at JFK Airport in New York.

24. Ramstein Air Base, Germany
September 2007

German converts to Islam, plotting under the cover of the Islamic Jihad Union, are found to have explosives and plan to target one of the largest U.S. air bases in Europe.

25. Columbus, Ohio
June 2008

Christopher Paul aka Abdul Malek, aka Paul Kenyatta Laws

Pleaded guilty to conspiring with others to blow up targets in the U.S. and Europe.

26. NYC Subway Bombing
Sept. 14, 2009

Najibullah Zazi and three other men are caught days before they detonate explosives in the New York City subway.

27. Long Island Rail Road Threat
November 2008

American Bryant Neal Vinas gives al Qaeda leaders information to attack the LIRR.

28. Springfield, Illinois Courthouse Bomb Plot
Sept. 24, 2009

Michael Finton

Arrested in plot to detonate a vehicle bomb outside a courthouse and kill federal employees.

29. Dallas Tower Plot
Sept. 24, 2009

Hosam Maher Husein Smadi

A Jordanian man is arrested in connection with a plot to bomb at a skyscraper in Dallas.

30. Quantico, VA
Sept. 24, 2009

Daniel Patrick Boyd

A group of men are charged in plot to attack the Marine Corps base in Quantico.

31. Boston
October 2009
Tarek Mehanna and Ahmad Abousamra
Two men are arrested on wide-ranging charges, including conspiracy to kill U.S. politicians, spanning the past decade.

32. Northern Virginia
December 2009
Five men from northern Virginia are arrested in Pakistan and charged with supporting al Qaeda. Were reported missing by their families.

33. Detroit Airspace
Christmas Day Bomber, 2009
A man tries to detonate an explosive on a flight over Detroit. Also known as the underwear bomber.

34. Chicago
March 2010
Raja Lahrasib Khan
Man is arrested for funneling money (PDF) to terrorist organizations.

35. Times Square, New York City
May 1, 2010
Faisal Shahzad
Failed attempt to detonate a vehicle bomb in Times Square.

36. King Salmon, Alaska
July/August, 2010
Paul G. Rockwood, Jr. and Nadia Piroska Maria Rockwood
A husband and wife compile a list of 20 targets to murder, including military and media figures, arrested as they were set to move into the operational phase.

37. Wrigley Field, Chicago
Sept. 20, 2010
A man is arrested after planting a fake bomb outside Wrigley Field.

38. Air-Cargo Bomb Yemen to Chicago
October 2010
Twin packages of explosives were shipped from Yemen to synagogues in Chicago.

39. Washington, D.C.
October 2010
Farooque Ahmed
Ahmed is arrested in connection with a plot to blow up the D.C. Metro.

40. Portland, Oregon
Nov. 26, 2010
Mohamed Osman Mohamud
A Christmas-tree lighting is targeted by a 19-year-old Somali man, Mohamed Osman Mohamud, busted in an FBI sting operation.

41. Catonsville, Md.
Dec. 8, 2010
Antonio Martinez
Man arrested for plotting to blow up a U.S. Army recruiting center.

42. Lubbock, Texas/National
Feb. 23, 2011
Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari
Man arrested in bomb plot against military and political targets, including former President George W. Bush, in New York, Colorado, and California.

43. New York City
May 11, 2011
Ahmed Ferhani and Mohamed Mamdouh
Two men arrested in plot to attack a Manhattan synagogue.

44. Seattle, Wash.
June 22, 2011 (arrest date)
Abu Khalid Abdul-Latif, aka Joseph Anthony Davis, and Walli Mujahidh
Two men are arrested in a plot to attack a military recruiting station in Seattle.

45. Fort Hood, Texas
July 27, 2011 (arrest date)
Pfc. Naser Jason Abdo
A former army private is arrested in a plot to copycat attack at Fort Hood.

edit on 9-9-2011 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2011 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Unbelievable. Just goes to show the deep threat the nation has to face each and every day. No time for sleep.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Yes unbelievable! How may succeeded? None. Yet we are supposed to accept that the whole of America's defenses fell apart on 9/11. Utter garbage!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Which ones actually happened?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnLennon

Yes, Mr. Lennon...You're right.

Not one of them has happened. At least not in our country. And we have to give some credit here, no matter how begrudingly.

We also have to remember all the Jihadist plots that have succeded in other countries---and those here at Ft. Hood.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I do not fear the CIA, MI5, Mossad, nor any terrorists, revolutionaries, mafia, drug lords, or warlords sponsored by them.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

So this is just a quick reminder for everyone to continue to be afraid, right?

What ever would we do without someone holding our little hands? Wake up America, this is a war against a religion and a culture. Make no mistake about it. The television is telling you to be afraid; while you drink your morning coffee, during your lunch break, and before you lay your worried head down on the pillow.

But fear not! Big brother has all the answers....

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
relpobre,

I'm not sure you completely understand the OP. It's not a reminder to be afraid as much as it is a history lesson.

The list tells us both that there is a real enemy who wants to damage the country, and that they have been relatively unsuccessful for years. (Perhaps we have good defenses?)

It is a good thing that you recognize that this is a war. I'm not sure you have the target right. If we are fighting a religion, it is the Church of the Holy Suicide Bomber. If we are fighting a culture, it is the culture of "Death to the infidel, the apostate and the adultress. Subject the world to Sharia."

You are right in sarcastically claiming that our government has all the answers. At least, this government doesn't have the answers.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The list tells us both that there is a real enemy who wants to damage the country, and that they have been relatively unsuccessful for years. (Perhaps we have good defenses?)

What good are defences when the enemy is within?
edit on 9-9-2011 by quackers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

quackers,

We may not be understanding each other. Sure, the military is a defense against attacks from the outside. Against attacks from the inside, you can use citizens, law enforcement, even education to help change the minds of the attackers.

But, again, I may not know what you meant.

Charles1952

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
And of all of those plots against us, can any of them be proven legit?

Take for example the "Underwear Bomber". There are a ton of questions surrounding that one.

How many of those are false flag to keep us "afraid"? How many of those are staged to make us believe an organization such as The Department of Homeland Security is necessary?

I'm sure some of them are legit threats. We get them every single day, since way before 9/11. But I'm also just as certain that many of them are setups, fakes, or whatever else you want to call them. Staged.

I believe our government uses scare tactics to keep the American population complacent.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

you got to be kidding right?

9/11 was a revised modern version of Operation Northwoods...

read it. then look at the events of that day and admit to yourself its the same plan.

so after accusing the Muslim world, led by Bin Laden, of 911 with out ANY evidence TO THIS DAY nor following standard criminal investigation procedures, FAA procedures... you swallow hook, line & sinker all these false flag claims justifying the destruction of American core principles?

Those who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I was hoping for a discussion of the idea of the opening post. Is anyone here denying that there have been other foreign plots against the US in the last 10 years? How did this become a "Truther" thread? "Can this thread be saved?"

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
That's a nice list, it made me want to put a different "jihad" list.

15 "jihadist threats" you may be fully aware of:

1. Getting raped at the airport

2. Getting tasered by a police officer

3. Being arrested at a public hearing

4. Being arrested for selling raw milk

5. Being swat raided for making guitars

6. Being swat raided for having a legal marijuana dispensary.

7. Being swat raided for being a Marine veteran

8. Being arrested at a baseball game

9. Being fined 125 dollar court cost for fighting a 125 dollar speeding ticket

10. Being killed by a gun the ATF sold to a cartel

11. Losing your fishing business by living near the BP oil disaster

12. Getting brain disease from taking swine flu disease.

13. Being on the same plane as a terrorist because the state department lets them onboard without an ID.

14. Being arrested for filming the police.

15. Being fined for playing chess in a public park where chess is allowed to be played.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Here is a response to Richard Reid:

Not only did Shoe Bomber Richard Reid slip through ICTS security in Paris, two of the 9/11 hijackers slipped through their security at Logan Airport. ICTS also supervised security for the London bus system when England was targeted for attack.

coastal-post.com...:an-interesting-conspiracy-theory-about-a-shoe-bomber-and-israeli-security-at- airports&catid=55:national-news&Itemid=115

So all the terrorists are going through the same security system. Hmmm....coincidence?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I liked your list...and get your point!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

I'm really interested in how people view my motives for posting this list.

I really only posted it to show how many incidents have taken place since 9/11. Seeing them grouped in a list like that is interesting. Most of those incidents I remember, and some I do not. I was really only trying to jar memories and not make any big political statements.

I believe that we don't know the whole truth behind 9/11 and that on some level our government could have been involved. So I didn't post that list to make any big statements.

But we still can't refute the fact that these 45 incidents have taken place since then. I don't know who's behind them---but still---they did take place.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Nice list.

Here are two major terrorists incidents you didn't include:

The John Allen Muhamad Jihad shooting spree:

en.wikipedia.org...

The Salt Lake City mall shootings by Bosnian Muslim terrorist Sulejman Talovic:

en.wikipedia.org...

There are probably a lot of other terrorist events that can be added to the list.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
In the event, that a bomb did go through and reached its target, the device did not go off or was just a firecracker. The shoebomber set off his shoe, but it didnt work out as he was told. Its all a sharade to keep up the fear.

But wait there is more

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 16-9-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join