It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens re-engineered humans?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
I said like a hawke not like an expert, interpret it for what you like, i never implied or said expert.
But as you wish

Now you are just being pedantic. Saying 'like a hawk' would imply that you are very keen at telling when someone is lying (I.E an expert), as the basis of that idiom is that hawks can see things very, very well.

Regardless, to say with such utter confidence that someone is lying or telling the truth based on watching a video is silly, as it's a very difficult thing to do in person, with years of training and practice. There are some obvious 'indicators', but none of them are fool proof or dead giveaways as you seem to believe.

You cannot determine with any reasonable precision the accuracy of someone's claims based on their body posture alone. There are many nuances that are far too subtle to come across in a streaming video, facial ticks, microexpressions, etc, and even with someone that who exhibits these signs it can not be said that they are conclusively lying, only that they have a higher statiscal likelihood of lying,

Basically making these claims, especially without being able to point out where these supposed obvious signs are, is essentially the equivalent of saying "I know he's lying, I can just tell".

The only reason you see body language that one is telling the truth and the other is lying is because one supports your beliefs, while the other contradicts them. There are a lot of statements in both those videos that should be discussed based on their merits, not just accepted or rejected in whole because you seem to have a sixth sense to tell when people are lying in Internet videos.

<< 1   >>

join