It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O Reilly Loves To Make False Statements

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Bill is a windbag and I hope that really it is only the over 55 crowd that watches this clown.
Unfortunately, that's the age group most likely to vote...also the one most likely to ask "Whiskey Foxtrot Tango is happening to this world? Maybe if we get mean and small-minded, it will fix itself."

And I speak from that demographic, though not from that mindset.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Having watch the video clips the following can be stated:

The first clip, if you did not understand that O’Rielly was very devout in his belief, then it should be apparent. He was raised up as a Roman Catholic, and continues to be such to this very day. His view and faith is there, and the question is valid, how did it start. His style and demeanor may be gruff, but the questions are very valid. His point of view is that there are no coincidences that everything has a reason and purpose. So he is simply stating, in a round about way, that God caused all of this to happen, and it was not by pure luck, that life started, that the moon is right where it is, and that the earth is in the Goldilocks zone.

The Second clip, on Obamacare and going to jail. Well according to the Governments position, and the notes that came out, the reality is that a person may be subject to jail time if they do not have or have purchased health insurance. The controlling department is the IRS, and they will view this as a tax. If you fail to pay your tax, then the penalty is possibly jail time and a fine.

On the clip about Amsterdam, well last time anything was mentioned, the government was starting to close and add in a bit of control over the drug trade and tourism there. After all is that the kind of country you would want to represent, where people from around the world travel there to partake in drugs?

While Nixon did meet with Mao, that is true, however, all meetings and negotiations were with the Chinese Premier Zhou Enlai, during that trip, so that is true.

In the Homeless Vets, there is a question as to the exact number that are homeless, as the number tends to change, some months it is low, other months it is high. He is correct on one things, the homeless Vets are out there on the streets, due to addiction and mental illness, as they saw things that no one should see and were heavily affected by such.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

What is really despicable is that O'Reilly is not a stupid man.

He dumbs himself and his show down in order to appeal to the ignorant yokels who make up the largest portion of his viewers.

He perpetuates ignorance on purpose for ratings and cash.

That is why I despise him.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Bill is a windbag and I hope that really it is only the over 55 crowd that watches this clown.
Unfortunately, that's the age group most likely to vote...also the one most likely to ask "Whiskey Foxtrot Tango is happening to this world? Maybe if we get mean and small-minded, it will fix itself."

And I speak from that demographic, though not from that mindset.

Oh sure, JC...based on that angry feller in the avatar you have, you aren't small minded!
Just kidding.
I suppose the hope is that the younger generations are starting to see these political talking point machines for what they are...perhaps in a few years we won't be getting fooled so much? I just started laughing at myself for writing that...

CJ
edit on 9-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I wonder what dinner is like at the O'Reilly mansion.

O'Reilly Kid: "Dad, why do you believe God put the moon near the earth? Science has proven the universe was created by the Big Bang."

Bill: "Because Mars and Venus don't have one and we do. Next thing you'll tell me is veterans don't get proper care when they return from battle and many wind up homeless. Pinhead."

O'Reilly Kid: "I love you, dad."

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig

On the clip about Amsterdam, well last time anything was mentioned, the government was starting to close and add in a bit of control over the drug trade and tourism there. After all is that the kind of country you would want to represent, where people from around the world travel there to partake in drugs?

huh?

You obviously know nothing about Amsterdam..........well about the same as fox and O reilly i'd say!

This is one of the nicest and friendliest cities in the world, I go there twice a year at least and have done for over 20 years...........never and i mean never have I come across any violence or even petty crimes while i,ve been there..........Fact!

I,ll take my personal experience over some made up BS from fox and O,reilly thanks!

And no, they are not closing the coffee shops in the dam.....business was booming about a month ago when i was there last
edit on 10-9-2011 by zerozero00 because: to add some more

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silentkiss
Give me 1000's of hours of tape of the OP and let me scour through it all and I will make a post about how he loves to make false statements also.

Pretty dumb response. The OP isn't a fox news anchor, who pulls in well over 1M per year, to pretend to reports the news to millions of people. Hell, isn't Bill the one who calls it the "No Spin Zone"?

There is a different level of accountability, and fact checking is not at all unreasonable, when it comes to being show host, on a national news station, on a giant public forum, and calling your show the "No Spin Zone", compared to whatever it is you think the OP does. Huge difference.

If that's all you have to say, and that's as deep as your thoughts or opinions go, that's a shame.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

Really? Funny this is what comes up if you do a search on the internet about the drug tourism:
travel.usatoday.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

articles.cnn.com...:TRAVEL

globalgrind.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

Now while is may be that those who live in the country will still be able to have access to such, however, according to these articles going back to 2006, they are planning to ban it to those who would visit their country. This was reported, and ultimately, discussed at the higher levels of the government of the Netherlands. So it is not false reporting or a lie, rather it is just reporting on the policy of the country at large. And it seems like pot is illegal in the Netherlands, though the police and government there takes a blind eye to its use and sale of such.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
"just shut up, shut up". Some people say Bill is a journalist.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

edit on 10-9-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
That first video you showed scares me. It shows that Bill Oreilly might very well be the most ignorant man on television. It's one thing to have strong faith and personal beliefs. It's another to have a complete misunderstanding of the universe while you simultaneously and childishly pidgeon hole everyone else into the pinhead category, because they disagree with you.

No Bill, Mars does not have tides. Yes it has two satellites. There are no tides on the planet because there are no bodies of water. Is that too hard to understand? Is it too hard to understand that out of the billions and billions of worlds out there, that life elsewhere is likely? Since we can only confirm life here in no way negates the possibility elsewhere.

He is seriously claiming that because the conditions on Earth sustain life, that God is the only way it could have happened. That by itself isn't what alarms me. It's that millions of people tune into him and hang on his words. This man is very very 18th century minded and could use a dose of contemporary science.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Yeah O Reilly is a complete fool. Only an idiot like him would call people pinheads in the same sentence that he makes the false statement that Mars has no moons

Millions of people listen to this guy on TV and agree with what he says, that's the really scary thing.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dl2one

edit on 10-9-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

What is wrong with this guy? I thought he was a good Christian man. What a clown.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Bill O'Reilly is a sexist, chauvinistic pig. One of the main reason's I stopped watching Fox and never intend to watch FOX again.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

This is kind of a low-blow, but this nice Christian man who angrily curses and shouts out of sheer rage while being filmed also was involved in a phone-sex scandal, which I believe he ended up paying millions of dollars to unsuccessfully keep quiet.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig

Really? Funny this is what comes up if you do a search on the internet about the drug tourism:
travel.usatoday.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

articles.cnn.com...:TRAVEL

globalgrind.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

Now while is may be that those who live in the country will still be able to have access to such, however, according to these articles going back to 2006, they are planning to ban it to those who would visit their country. This was reported, and ultimately, discussed at the higher levels of the government of the Netherlands. So it is not false reporting or a lie, rather it is just reporting on the policy of the country at large. And it seems like pot is illegal in the Netherlands, though the police and government there takes a blind eye to its use and sale of such.

It has been 5, almost 6 years and the shops are still open. What does that tell you about your "sources" and your ability to glean pertinent information from them? Just curious. 5 years is a long time to close a coffee shop down.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Aihttik

Means, that according to the sources, that it was being discussed, by the government and that they changed their mind. However, according to the laws of the Netherlands, pot is illegal. However, here is the question, if
the courts consistently rule against the law authorities on all cases concerning pot, would it be prudent to continue to persue such? No, in this case, it is not, so they authorities tend to turn a blind eye to such.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I believe this to be 1 of 2 things:

1. Bill OReilly is being told what to report, or not report. This could be a systematic type of thing, or it may be more of an implied "peer pressure" kind of thing (like the way scientists won't discuss UFOs for fear of losing credibility and funding). In this case, he is no different than any other MSM reporter, and I can honestly say that they all suck green rotten eggs. To carry that one step further, all news comes from MSM sources...so anyone who feels that they are getting "alternative" news likely is suffering from the subject of point 2, below.

2. Bill OReilly, like all other humans, suffers from his own version of cognitive dissonance. He truly believes what he says, building off of logic that ignores contradictory information. This actually describes anyone who attaches to the current political debate, or ascribes to the two political parties. In all honesty, i dread seeing the utter stupidity that mankind will portray during the upcoming election season. The short attention span and simple mindset is the playground of TPTB.

I guess that all i am saying here is that Bill OReilly is not the problem. He is just like all the other talking schmucks on TV (Olbermann, Maddow, Hannity, Limbaugh, etc, etc). The problem is us. The People. If you want to be angry, be angry at what is in the mirror: The American Populace.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz

What is really despicable is that O'Reilly is not a stupid man.

He dumbs himself and his show down in order to appeal to the ignorant yokels who make up the largest portion of his viewers.

He perpetuates ignorance on purpose for ratings and cash.

That is why I despise him.

Then why subject yourself to such hypocrisy has despising OReilly, yet still owning a TV and using it? You have just described the entire wasteland of television. Why are you singling out only 1 man, among thousands and thousands?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Bill O' Reilly needs a trip to Amsterdam.

Let's just say, he needs to mellow out.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join