It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O Reilly Loves To Make False Statements

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I so passionately despise Bill O Reilly that I decided to dedicate a thread to exposing some of the countless false statements he's made over the years.

Let's begin with his take on the tides and the moon. Of course, Bill O Reilly can't address those who think differently than him without referring to them as "pinheads". Well here he makes the claim that Mars has no moons, when it has two moons: Phobos and Deimons. He also displays his ignorance by playing stupid and saying "How'd the moon get there?" as if that is proof of a deity

Then he goes on to poorly mock evolution, and actually refers to it as "desperate". Then he takes it even further and says that it takes more faith to believe in evolution than it takes to believe in a God. :shk:

In this next video Bill O Reilly attempts to justify the secrecy of the activities of Abu Ghraib prison by saying that even Americans had committed atrocities in war. He cites the Malmady Massacre in an attempt to illustrate that Americans have committed atrocities in war, but he makes the colossal error of not knowing what the hell he is talking about.

84 American POWs were executed, not the other way around, but rather than admitting that he had his history wrong and moving on, he goes ahead and claims that after that massacre, some German troops were executed by Americans. The transcript was "washed" in an attempt to cover up his offensve lie.

In the following video, Bill O Reilly claims that nobody on Fox News had said that people could face jail time if they don't pay for health insurance, then Cenk Uygur proceeds to show multiple videos of Fox News saying that exact thing, one of them being of O Reilly himself.

Then in this video, he lies again about that and goes even further by making up some nonexistent earlier version of the bill that had jail time on the table:

In this video, O Reilly again defends Fox News by making another false statement. The cost of Obama's trip to India was vastly overstated, yet Fox reported that it was costing taxpayers $200 million per day and O Reilly blindly denied thsoe accusations:
But as he said in that video, "[he's] an opinion guy".

Here O Reilly lies about Amsterdam:

Here he lies when he claims that Richard Nixon never met Mao Zedong:

Here he strongly insinuates that there are no homeless veterans, but doesn't explicitly state it:

Then he'll go on his show, accuse other MSM outlets of lying to Americans, being biased, pushing propaganda, and all of that stuff. Obviously it's not just O Reilly who's doing the lying over there, but he definitely does it alot, and sadly lots of people believe that everything he says is factual.

I know, people make mistakes, "I'm sure you would make false statements after being on the air for so long!", yadda yadda yadda. Whatever, Bill O Reilly is a textbook "pinhead".
edit on 9-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

S&F have you seen this one?/\

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Nice one Tupac, feels kinda odd seeing you out of the 9/11 forums..........Good work though my man!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I regard this man as the worst living case of ........

I just can't find the words to describe this ignorant, obnoxious lump of lard without breaking T&C's

Good post TS so I will S&F you!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
There will surely be those who will post in his defense, and they will do so simply because they like the guy, and are biased towards whatever he says. What they fail to realize is that yes, people make mistakes, but when you are in a position of power like this man is, you are hurting everyone who is listening to your lies, because you are making people as ignorant as yourself.

Anyone who blatantly lies about this many things, not to mention the stuff not in this thread, should not be in a position to "teach" the masses, because it is working backwards. All that can be done is to spread the word, and hope people stop listening to this man. I have never liked him, and this is one of the reasons why.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I'd also add....The man is simply stupid!!

And an out and out oxygen thief!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
It is his native tongue.

When he speaks the truth his body language is a dead give away.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
i'll leave you kids to play nice.

don't poke any eyes out!

be home before dark or when the streetlights come one if you can't tell the difference.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
As a word war 2 vet that loves to yell at kids to get off my lawn, complain about feeding the hungry and anyone else who's too lazy to shake off their hardships and enjoy their minimum wage jobs as I sit in comfy house that was more the product of a good economy and right place right time than my own doing I resent you little pinheads trying to expose Bill O.

He gripes about things the way I like it. Black and white, with me or against me. He says things in such a matter of factly convincing way and it's even better when other people sit next to him to agree or lamely girl fight back.

If you were smart, you would do like I do and pay good money just to visit his site and buy priceless memorabilia like shirts, coffee mugs and books that make you feel good and others feel bad, it's just great.

So why don't you and the other commie loving liberals wake up and embrace Bill O

BTW: Nice job on the post :-)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

you never bought anything from him, did ya?

so you lied and are about 500 yrs old too and know how to use the pc, and i mean both definitions, lolol!

talk about false statements!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Paschar0

you never bought anything from him, did ya?
so you lied and are about 500 yrs old too and know how to use the pc, and i mean both definitions, lolol!
talk about false statements!

Please embrace the following link:
sarchasm.net...

Oh, and S&F for the thread!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

and that proves what?

some disconnect about bill?

it could be said about the op, too.

johnny, can i call you JC?

i don't think he "loves" to make false statements as much as the op suggests.

so, people with no cred are trying to slurr bill, big deal, he knows he is a target.

still haven't seen a false statement.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I'm sure if you or I had the amount of time on record as he does that we would have quite a few things misspoken ourselves. I don't think that catching someone making mistakes qualifies them to be evil as you suggest only that they are actually human.

Why people expect entertainers to be experts on everything under the sun and then chastise them when they are wrong is something I don't understand.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Silentkiss

well you could say, it's the left but, is it really?

or just idiots?

can't figure it out.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Why people expect entertainers to be experts on everything under the sun and then chastise them when they are wrong is something I don't understand.
That's just the thing though, some people might see him as a simple entertainer and nothing more, but millions of people tune into his show expecting it to be accurate, unbiased, "fair and balanced" information. Millions of people are constantly lied to, and sometimes it's not even just a simple "Oops, I though this was that, my bad", sometime's it's pure propaganda like that story on Amsterdam, blatant lies to cover for the other media moguls over at Fox, or just some extremely opinionated war-mongering propaganda.

Bill O Reilly is a dangerous man, not because he's a big dude who could kick some ass, but because he influences the opinions of millions of people who consider him an intelligent source of information.
edit on 9-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Give me 1000's of hours of tape of the OP and let me scour through it all and I will make a post about how he loves to make false statements also.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

This same thing could be said for any public figure who speaks alot and has large audiences. I've often caught college professors making mistakes but I don't accuse them of doing it on purpose. I watch Reilly quite frequently and can say i've never heard of these issues you mention which means he isn't preaching them from the pulpit trying to change people's minds on the subject.

Only that you had to research and dig them up in order to "catch him" in something.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

That's just the thing though, some people might see him as a simple entertainer and nothing more, but millions of people tune into his show expecting it to be accurate, unbiased, "fair and balanced" information. Millions of people are constantly lied to, and sometimes it's not even just a simple "Oops, I though this was that, my bad", sometime's it's pure propaganda like that story on Amsterdam, blatant lies to cover for the other media moguls over at Fox, or just some extremely opiniated war-mongering propaganda.

Bill O Reilly is a dangerous man, not because he's a big dude who could kick some ass, but because he influences the opinions of millions of people who consider him intelligent.

hey, give an alternative.

do you understand what is going on? it is an opinion and discussion.

he takes the news and talks about it, hey! just like ATS and you pinheads!

wow! what a revelation.

can you show more ignorance about how the friggin world works?

i hear palin........

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

he'd have his bigger dudes kick your ass,

ever get gum on your shoe??

that's what you would be.

end up in the everglades, my bet.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

This same thing could be said for any public figure who speaks alot and has large audiences. I've often caught college professors making mistakes but I don't accuse them of doing it on purpose. [color=limegreen]I watch Reilly quite frequently and can say i've never heard of these issues you mention which means he isn't preaching them from the pulpit trying to change people's minds on the subject.
Ahhhh of course, it all makes sense now. I was thinking to myself "Who could possibly defend such an idiot?", and sure enough a Bill O Reilly viewer comes to his rescue.

Bill O Reilly is a buffoon and you get stupider every time you watch his show. Fox viewers are the most consistently misinformed audience in America, and Bill O Reilly is just one of many over there that contribute to that noble achievement. But him especially, the way he shoves his opinion down people's throats, talks over people, calls them "pinheads" when they disagree with what he's saying even though he often doesn't know what the hell he's talking about, I really struggle to see how any person could watch that show and think "Yeah, you tell that pinhead O Reilly".
edit on 9-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: TO edit my post

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join