It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Power Outage Hits Southwest US - Post Updates Here

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
yeah i am with you its a converstion making me smile > probably because we are the best of the best and not the rest.

maybe its really not what you do its who you know. people who turn up are not necessarily a bad thing as long as they get with the programme pdq. they are not resourceless in their own way , is what i am saying , but you cant end up with a flock you cant feed. otherwise your own demise .

its certainly a tricky one personally i dont think a boat would suit me , its too much of a tie. you have the benefit of a good location but there is a lot you are looking at in terms of disaster. if i had the land, it would be the bunker , every time. greenham common x airbase has a few redundant missile silos , with titanium roofs and nuclear blast doors. you'd think it would be waterproof if the sea came in , and its where i would want to be in an asteroid situation too.

where the zombies nor any faction cant see you or your stuff > thats where you want to be. share it anyway , as long as you don think people cant track you down. just get a a large digger , buy a container if you can and sink it under as deep as you can bury it. if you read my thread on bunkers ; make the entrance in a j shape> include a passage lower than the chamber> and duct the shaft only> build in anti pressure devices as in j or m shape entrances > you have protection from water, and other unwanted potential entrances. you could be done within a week with the right kit and applied thinking in the sourcing of materials.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
yeah i am with you its a converstion making me smile > probably because we are the best of the best and not the rest.

maybe its really not what you do its who you know. people who turn up are not necessarily a bad thing as long as they get with the programme pdq. they are not resourceless in their own way , is what i am saying , but you cant end up with a flock you cant feed. otherwise your own demise .

its certainly a tricky one personally i dont think a boat would suit me , its too much of a tie. you have the benefit of a good location but there is a lot you are looking at in terms of disaster. if i had the land, it would be the bunker , every time. greenham common x airbase has a few redundant missile silos , with titanium roofs and nuclear blast doors. you'd think it would be waterproof if the sea came in , and its where i would want to be in an asteroid situation too.

where the zombies nor any faction cant see you or your stuff > thats where you want to be. share it anyway , as long as you don think people cant track you down. just get a a large digger , buy a container if you can and sink it under as deep as you can bury it. if you read my thread on bunkers ; make the entrance in a j shape> include a passage lower than the chamber> and duct the shaft only> build in anti pressure devices as in j or m shape entrances > you have protection from water, and other unwanted potential entrances. you could be done within a week with the right kit and applied thinking in the sourcing of materials.

thanks i'll get started on that right away.
edit on 9-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'm in Tucson. No problems here. Yet, anyway. Knock on wood. I guess if it has to happen, better now than a month ago.

Originally posted by Anonymouth
Terrible that, not having power.
Imagine what people would do before its discovery.
The world probably would have ended.
Imagine that, all the EM stress in the environment is lifted. Don't you feel the difference in the buildings?
OMG wait, no TV? PANIC!!!!!

Here in Arizona it's a little more inconvenient than just no TV. Trying to stay cool even when there is power can be a challenge if you live in an older home, like I do, because most of them only have swamp coolers. Installing AC is pretty expensive and no matter how nice it is, it's hard to justify spending that much on it. Plus, then your power bill gets a lot more pricey.

Still, you have a point as people survived without it even in Arizona back in the day. We've become a little too pampered in the last couple generations. We were without power in 2007 for about 3 days and I was about to throw myself out a window. Problem with that is most Az. homes are only one story. It's impossible to fall to your death in an adobe hut.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Wrath because: typo

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by buskey
Something is apparently brewing inthe Southwest, could just be overloaded grid due to heat, please post any info or updates here.

Reports so far from California and Arizona.

On Twitter, people from all over the southland are reporting power issues. Some in San Diego reported a loss of power and cell phone issues.

Source: www.kesq.com...

Source: www.abc15.com...
edit on 8-9-2011 by buskey because: (no reason given)

----------
That's odd. There should be plenty of electrical power coming out of the Palo Verde Nuclear
Power Plant 50 miles west of Phoenix, AZ.
500,000 Volt transmission lines -

--------
Emergency power generators should be selling like crazy at Home Depot.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I'm about 40 miles SE of Phoenix proper, not a thing that I have seen or heard. It has been unusually hot the last few weeks, and by unusually, I mean...someone send some cold air down!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigFrigginAl
I'm about 40 miles SE of Phoenix proper, not a thing that I have seen or heard. It has been unusually hot the last few weeks, and by unusually, I mean...someone send some cold air down!

Drive to Flagstaff. Stay at the Marriott Residence Inn.
------------
I used to live in Scottsdale.
Swimming pools come in handy during the summer.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Here in Canada, they are reporting your major power outage as a man made one. Apparently some electrical worker disconnected power to over 6 million households.. pretty coincidental so close to 9/11 no? No power means no TV or radio communications, internet.. could they be shutting down the grid in anticipation of something bigger they are about to unleash? Containment of information could be a key factor to their plan.. whatever it may be.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

Its a big job , long and hard work. good luck with it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
reply to post by lkpuede

Its a big job , long and hard work. good luck with it.

I know, right? well, this latest False Flag/End Of The World lasted all of 12 hours, so i'll need something to keep myself busy till the the next False Flag/End Of The World thing shows up.

you can come over and help if you want. i got beer and cookies...
edit on 9-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by aytacaksel
masive power outage wowww. aliens comming? niburu? sun? gaddafi? 11 sept? comon... just a power outage thats happen everyday in turkey

But it is an extremely unusual event in the US and most people are not prepared for it. Almost everything comes to a standstill as almost everyone including businesses don't invest in back up power for emergency use.

Now the coming days are going to be more like Turkey today than the US yesterday. People will have get used to interruptions in services, including utilities, and store and plan for personal emergencies. Not for sinister zombie apocaplyse, but just to be able to continue to function even when there are disruptions for a few hours and on a regular basis. The government knows this, but can't openly ask people to prepare for emergencies without starting a panic. So emergencies are engineered to letting people know that they do have to learn to depend on themselves and not take the system, not just the government part of it, for granted. Of course, it is not a good idea to engineer local emergencies. That would indicate inefficency difficult to explain away and won't create the nation-wide awareness necessary to convince people not to take the grid for granted. So emergencies need to be engineered for causes beyond human control and efficiency. All the hype generated for bracing for Hurricane Irene was one such. I think they planned to engineer a nation-wide power outage coinciding with the arrival of the recent CME on earth, but some guy seems to have misunderstood its ejection from Sun with its arrival on earth and caused the outage prematurely
Not sure if they can now go ahead with the planned outage when the CME does arrive on earth.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I was trying to call several soldiers at Fort Bragg all 'Reserved Special Operations' phone lines seem to be down.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The cool thing that does come out of events like this, is that people actually start meeting and talking to their neighbors. Starts bringing the people together....

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
well... mitch told you so:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iiquiringmind
Here in Canada, they are reporting your major power outage as a man made one. Apparently some electrical worker disconnected power to over 6 million households.. pretty coincidental so close to 9/11 no? No power means no TV or radio communications, internet.. could they be shutting down the grid in anticipation of something bigger they are about to unleash? Containment of information could be a key factor to their plan.. whatever it may be.

of course its a man made issue

how stupid are people? 2 million people lose power right before 9/11 randomly

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Here in Los Lunas, New Mexico everything is fine. I haven't heard a peep about power outages on any local stations since yesterday.

Does seem odd though, usually the MSM makes a bigger panic about power outages.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma
reply to post by buskey

Yesterday afternoon as I saw/felt the main power shut off and within 30 seconds my backup generator start I imagined all the millions of people who have been warned in every way possible to prepare themselves; to prepare themselves so they are not dependent upon the grid, for anything from anyone and as I looked down the hill at all the dark houses and could see the people in their zero lot line cracker boxes out on their lawns with their flash lights hoping the power would come on, hoping a breeze would come to cool them down from the 113 degree heat that hit us yesterday, I realized mine was the only home in the area, lite up like a beacon here on the hill and a shiver went down my spine as I also realized it would not matter how responsible or how hard I worked to prepare for the worst, my neighbors would not stand for me and mine having, while they and theirs did without, and just then, my doorbell rang. It was a guy from down the road wanting to know if I had any D Batteries and Wow, how come you have lights and air-conditioning and would I mind if he cooled off and checked the football scores. Then, even as I was trying to find his channel for his f--king Ball Games, my doorbell rang again,it was two chicks that said they lived up the hill at saw my lights and were wondering if I knew what was going on with the electricity. Am I selfish? Or am I a fool for not now pouring everything I have got into finishing my ship and getting the hell out of here!? You Zombies are going to eat me and mine, I just know it LOL

edit on 9-9-2011 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

You need black out blinds and a moat my friend.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hey wasn't there an X class solar flare earlier this week? I'm pretty sure they can affect the power grids

reply to post by wongy

Can you please provide a direct link to that? Unsure of the legitimacy of that picture, and who is this Mitchell Coombes?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If this assists... I can ask for the weather over here in the UK to be
shipped in... lot's of cold air here!

edit on 9-9-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
i am sitting here in the garden on a strangely hot day for the time of year and it has been cloudy with heavy cover over the top.

just now a very strong burst of sunlight appears to have suddenly lifted a wide hole in the cloud cover which is starting to close up again.

i heard a noise like venting which stopped within about a minute, came from the direction of the sun , and was not a plane. > it could have been part of the flame like cme hitting the magnetosphere and penetrating the atmosphere to the ground , for a short time. i can smell something in the atmosphere a bit like a static charge.

the light which filled the garden is darkening off considerably again. we know cmes are connected to excess heat and power outages .

if elenin is atracting cmes towards itself , and us at this time, it might say something about its magnitude or magnetism.
the alignment and length of its tail is definitely something to watch out for imho. it might be 22 million miles away but that is only 22 million miles of frictionless space. if it is magnetic it might have picked up some quite diverse materials on its journey round the unknown..

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wongy

Now that has my attention...........

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join