It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Bush...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
Well said Herman, I think a lot of people forget about Saddam's actions for their own convinience, when they are bashing Bush.
The simplistic comment made "Saddam killed innocents, and now Bush kills innocents" is just ignorant. There's such a huge difference between them that comparing them in order to make Bush look bad is not only very subjective, but also spreads ignorance to people who do not fully understand the USA-IRAQ history.

LOL. Those who fully understand the USA-IRAQ history, know we are the ones who propped up Saddam's regime against Iran. And Saddam killed most of those people way back in the 80's (when we still supported him), so all of the sudden, 20 years later, it's time for the US to sacrifice the lives of our soldiers, against the will of the rest of the world, to punish him for acts commited while enjoying our support? That's just wrong, and to be so naive as to even hint Bush is doing this out of the goodness of his heart, is even more wrong. You are all dancing around the facts that, there are plenty of other countries in which SCORES of innocent people are dying RIGHT NOW, not 20 yrs ago, and there are other countries that ACTUALLY pose a REAL threat to the US, yet we decided to go after Saddam instead, so now while we're bogged down in guerilla warfare, the real threats are building strength, while we lose ours. Good Plan.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by heelstone
Then why in hell did Bush claim that Saddam had WMD and posed a threat to the United States as the initial reasoning for the invasion instead of saying "Saddam oppressed his people!"?

Anybody with a brain knows Bush could give a rats @ss about the people of Iraq. There are other nations that we consider allies that oppress equally, if not more, than Hussein did. The notion that the Bush administration cares about the Iraqi people is laughable at best. I'm sure none of us know the true reason Bush (or Rove more accurately) attacked Iraq for sure, but lofty nobility is definetly not it. How anybody could believe otherwise is perplexing.

I'm pretty sure I know the reason he invaded Iraq! It was to solve a vendetta for his dad! They had George Bush Sr's picture on the floor of Saddam's palace and everytime they walked in they would wipe their feet on his face! That's why! Shoot, I would wipe my feet on both the bushes face if I could. He's a terrible president! I hope solving this personal issue was worth all the lives we lost over there. It wasn't worth it in my opinion

Be sure to vote in November. Just one vote can really make a difference. Unless your brother is the Governor of Florida then it doesn't matter who REALLY won the election.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
LOL. Those who fully understand the USA-IRAQ history, know we are the ones who propped up Saddam's regime against Iran. And Saddam killed most of those people way back in the 80's (when we still supported him),
so all of the sudden, 20 years later, it's time for the US to sacrifice the lives of our soldiers, against the will of the rest of the world, to punish him for acts commited while enjoying our support?

Oh, so because he did it 20 years ago, in the past, it makes it ok? Look at the statistics, Sadam was still killing THOUSANDS of people each year. Yeah, we supported him once. We trusted him, and he betrayed that trust. Let me ask you: why not take care of him now? He needed to be taken care of. We couldn't just let this continue.

That's just wrong, and to be so naive as to even hint Bush is doing this out of the goodness of his heart, is even more wrong.

Now you're the one being naive. We've done so many good things for these people. Naturally, and I'm not saying this is right, some people are going to die while this is happening! It's not like we're going around just bombing random buildings, like portrayed in Michael Moore's film. We strategically bomb buildings that are harboring terrorists. And like I said, who's to say, when they find a body, if it's a civilian or a terrorist? They dress just like civilians. I know people, more than one, who are/were in Iraq. They've told me, first hand, most of the iraqi's like them, and support them. There was an Iraqi journalist on the news the other day (No, it was talk radio so I don't have the link. I'm telling the truth, if you don't believe me, fine.) He was talking about how he went under cover in Iraq asking people who they want the U.S. to elect for president, how they felt about the war, etc. etc. He said that 90% of them wanted Bush. Bush has done a good thing for these people. I'm not saying that I'm always 100% with Bush, I know we've done some bad things in this war, but overall I think he's doing a good thing.

You are all dancing around the facts that, there are plenty of other countries in which SCORES of innocent people are dying RIGHT NOW, not 20 yrs ago, and there are other countries that ACTUALLY pose a REAL threat to the US, yet we decided to go after Saddam instead, so now while we're bogged down in guerilla warfare, the real threats are building strength, while we lose ours. Good Plan.

Well we can't just go after everyone at once. He has a plan. And uh...you're saying that the terrorists WEREN'T a threat to us?

[Edited on 27-8-2004 by Herman]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
How about the Americans, Bush? You see any of them?

[edit on 23-8-2004 by cstyle226]

If he would have said "oh the American footballplayers, great! and the American baseball team, wow!" the European press would have lynched him.
Remember there's never a perfect answer that will make everyone happy. This time you didn't like the answer, next time someone else will be pissed, nothing new.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by Jakko]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Muppet got really mad, told me to remove this... I'm agreeing.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Last time I checked, he had no history of mental illness

Check again:
www.amazon.com...=1093106566/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/002-7171064-8898438?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That's all based off of...nothing. Basically, they studied him and came to a conclusion based off of what he says and such... It doesn't say anything about him actually being diagnosed..

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
That's all based off of...nothing. Basically, they studied him and came to a conclusion based off of what he says and such... It doesn't say anything about him actually being diagnosed..

Do you think if he was we'd know about it? Of course you're quick to dismiss it as nothing. I wouldn't expect anything less.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
No, I read it. The first thing is said is that these are just thing that the author gathered from the way the president speaks, and the things he says. I didn't just quickly dismiss it.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Herman.

WTF are you doing quoting my words from another thread on this one? If you want to reply, do it in the correct thread.

Delete the quotes from this thread, NOW.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I told you I was gonna do it. I asked you nicely to take the discussion elsewhere. Jesus, didn't know you would get so mad about it
....I wonder why..hmmmmmmm.

Anyway, I'll probably get in trouble by the mod's if I don't, so I guess I will. Talk about a bad sport....

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet
WTF are you doing quoting my words from another thread on this one? If you want to reply, do it in the correct thread.
Delete the quotes from this thread, NOW.

If it's about the same topic, and your words are not twisted by him, why should he delete the quotes?
Maybe you should have send him a PM instead of showing everyone how rude you become when you get angry.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
OK herman, maybe I over reacted a bit. sorry about that. it's been a stressful day.

Still, you'll think again before editing other peoples comments into the wrong thread telling them where they can or cannot continue the conversation. It's misleading and rude. If you start a debate on a new thread, you should continue it on that new thread.

Anyway. I've seen your response now, so you can leave it here if you want. Like I say, I've said my piece.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
Maybe you should have send him a PM instead of showing everyone how rude you become when you get angry.

Your probably right, I should have PM'ed. I'm only human and I'm not ashamed of getting mad every once in a while. I actually tempered my response to remain within ATS guidelines. Scarey huh
Like I said.. it's been a stressful day. (don't ask). apologies again.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

The end WILL justify the means

not completely, even though it is good we got saddam, Bush can use that as a scape goat...it does not mean he is a GOOD man.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by muppet
OK herman, maybe I over reacted a bit. sorry about that. it's been a stressful day.

Still, you'll think again before editing other peoples comments into the wrong thread telling them where they can or cannot continue the conversation. It's misleading and rude. If you start a debate on a new thread, you should continue it on that new thread.

Anyway. I've seen your response now, so you can leave it here if you want. Like I say, I've said my piece.

It's alright man, I understand stressful days.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join