It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Bush...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
What if Bush really did start the war in iraq to help the people living there?
What if Bush is not after oil, but trying to make this world a better place like he says?
What if his intentions are actually good, and he is utterly misunderstood?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Jacko
Those are very noble thoughts but they're not true.

Truth is he's been put into white house as a mindless figurehead to be manipulated to do "the powers" bidding.

The evidence is now overwhelming. This is not just mere conspiracy theories but fact. Each day, each article I read, has me more and more convinced of this.

Nice thoughts though. What if I was wrong? I would admit it. Most definately.

If it smells like fire, looks like fire it has to be fire.- so far this has proven true.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well, let's say you're right.

Has anything he said actually worked out the way he said it would?

Even if he had good intentions, his track record of mistakes, and obvious lack of interest in most things President's should care about disqualify him.
You can't just keep saying, "I'm the Commander-in-Chief, and we're at war." We're at war BECAUSE you're the Commander-in-Chief.

I just watched him at a press conference in Texas, and he was asked if he had any memorable moments he got from watching the Olympics...

His response: "Ummmm......" 8-12 second pause (felt like forever)...he said "Iraqi Soccer" in a weak voice, like he was asking a question. Then he said, "I saw Afghan women carrying a flag...Listen, it's been great, Thank you all."

How about the Americans, Bush? You see any of them?

[edit on 23-8-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Then the world would owe him an apology....now with that said, back to reality.

Bush was handpicked and groomed since a child to take this position. The same as Kerry. They are molded into the men that the big corps want them to be and once in office the strings get pulled in whatever way the rich elite want them to.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Jakko if that were true than Bush and his team are even greater fools than they appear to be now. I don't think the President has the right to squander hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars and thousands of american lives to play god and help a country on a whim. If he were truly interested in helping the Iraqi people then after his term he could go there himself and try to make changes.

We pay him bloody good money to work for the citizens of the US not Iraq! There are hundreds of thousands of american families living in poverty that this huge sum of money could have helped immensely rather than the Iraqi's.

The simple fact is if the Iraqi people wanted change then they could band together and revolt against Saddam. But with so many different factions against each other there is no way to have order in a country like this without them first coming together. We never gave them a chance to come together to throw out Saddam and now we think they can suddenly come together to form a democracy?

No I don't believe this was the plan. Bush wanted Saddam gone for whatever reason and he accomlished that. I don't think the oil is a concern either or the military would be guarding the pipelines from sabotage. I just pray Bush really believed Saddam had WMD's that were a threat to the US then I could understand the potential payoff of this huge investment. Otherwise what else is there to think?......Bush would have to be either raving mad or just plain evil.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
What is bush did not have interest in oil and his family business was not base on it?

What most of his cabinet did not have any ties with the oil and energy business?

What if this is just an illusion a bad dream and we are going to wake up and see that nothing never happen everything is just a dream within a dream.?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko

If he did or if he didnt...in a few years from now...Iraq will be a better place...things like this take time...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Then why in hell did Bush claim that Saddam had WMD and posed a threat to the United States as the initial reasoning for the invasion instead of saying "Saddam oppressed his people!"?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Then why in hell did Bush claim that Saddam had WMD and posed a threat to the United States as the initial reasoning for the invasion instead of saying "Saddam oppressed his people!"?

Anybody with a brain knows Bush could give a rats @ss about the people of Iraq. There are other nations that we consider allies that oppress equally, if not more, than Hussein did. The notion that the Bush administration cares about the Iraqi people is laughable at best. I'm sure none of us know the true reason Bush (or Rove more accurately) attacked Iraq for sure, but lofty nobility is definetly not it. How anybody could believe otherwise is perplexing.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone

Its already been said that besides for the US; Britian, and Russia both had the same intel...and weapons have been found (chemical)....just not in the amounts the news nor American public wanted....

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
Its already been said that besides for the US; Britian, and Russia both had the same intel...and weapons have been found (chemical)....just not in the amounts the news nor American public wanted....

The American public "wanted" the stockpiles that were supposed to pose an imminent threat to us, not just a couple of shells left over from the war with Iran. The Bush/Rove administration knew there were no stockpiles, again their true reasoning we will likely not know, but this war is wrong, our soldiers are there fighting and dying for some corrupt neo-con agenda. It's disgusting.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Once again...besides for the US...Britian and Russia had THE SAME INTEL AS US....so its not "one regimes" agenda....

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It seems very unlikely to me this war is about oil.

What if it's not about oil?
What is it about then?
Is there any other good reason to start this war, besides possible good intentions? I am not saying the war is right b t w, but maybe the ideas behind it are?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Personally, I find the idea that this administration (or any other to be fair) really cares about the Iraqi peoples' well being laughable at best. But let's take a trip to Fantasy Island and say they did. Why the Iraqi people? There are many other brutal dictators out there with a lot more freedom to be brutal than Saddam (who we had basically confined in a fish tank), why do they not care about the scores of people that have been brutalized in Africa and other countries? Why would they choose to unilaterally, without any real help from any other nations except maybe the UK (although they would like to paint the picture of some huge coalition) put American lives at risk to oust a dictator, who if the people really wanted out, could easily rise against and topple, where were all these insurgents when Saddam was in power? Why put the Iraqi people over our soldiers, who are enlisted to DEFEND our country, isn't the UN supposed to be the world police? If they're not effective we should create a new world body to defend innocent people. And about the "intelligence", again why Saddam? Why not N. Korea or Iran? They pose a far greater threat than Saddam could have ever dreamed. Why take out the weakest guy first, and allow the two stongest enemies to build even more strength? How stupid is that?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
What if...

Rain was liquid chocolate

The rivers flowed with vodka

The grass on your lawn was just like weed...

all these what ifs, like yours are really good things to have happen... pity is they arent true (like yours) and theres no point living a dream

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
What if Bush is not after oil, but trying to make this world a better place like he says?
What if his intentions are actually good, and he is utterly misunderstood?

If I really thought that I would (IMHO) have to be an idiot bathing in ignorance. Forget the normal reasons you hear in the old Rep Vs. Dem agruments, but that he is a politician in america. Bush is a very important person...he is a person that the world would be better off without. Nuff said.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
[ Bush is a very important person...he is a person that the world would be better off without. Nuff said.

So Saddam should have been left in power?...DO YOU PEOPLE FORGET SADDAM KILLED 300,000 PEOPLE?....I mean come on....good things have resulted from this war...the end WILL justify the means...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

[ Bush is a very important person...he is a person that the world would be better off without. Nuff said.

So Saddam should have been left in power?...DO YOU PEOPLE FORGET SADDAM KILLED 300,000 PEOPLE?....I mean come on....good things have resulted from this war...the end WILL justify the means...

So the murder of innocents justifies the murder of innocents? Simply because they are not your neighbors does not mean that their lives are any less important.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   

So the murder of innocents justifies the murder of innocents? Simply because they are not your neighbors does not mean that their lives are any less important.

Well, a whole lot less have died over the time we've been in Iraq than have died over the years that Saddam was in power. I had this debate in another thread, even dug up some of the facts. The facts were that Saddam had killed thousands more every year than we have killed over the course of the war, and he did it on purpose!!! Do terrorists count a civilian casualties? Who's to say? They dress just like civilians. When the "body counters" or however it's done find a body, how can they tell if it's a terrorist, or a civilian? My uncle is a green beret, he's told me stories about how a terrorist will shoot at you out of a croud, then drop their gun and gawk just like everybody else! Didn't you hear what Saddam used to do to the soccer players? Seriously, if you think that we should have left Saddam in power...there is something wrong with you, I'm sorry. I respect you, Jonna, but Saddam was far worse than Bush will ever be.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Well said Herman, I think a lot of people forget about Saddam's actions for their own convinience, when they are bashing Bush.
The simplistic comment made "Saddam killed innocents, and now Bush kills innocents" is just ignorant. There's such a huge difference between them that comparing them in order to make Bush look bad is not only very subjective, but also spreads ignorance to people who do not fully understand the USA-IRAQ history.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join