It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solders/Sailors/Airmen/Marines having fun

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I'm a sailor. Yeah we do do some crazy things to blow off steam. Injoyed the videos. Thanks for appreciating the things we do.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
lol, every time I find a video to post, some one beats me to it!

Oh well, I love the videos.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I wish I could watch these at work, but I've seen a couple before and I know I'll draw attention with my laughing!

Yes folks, these are real-life human beings responding to very high stress. I'm not for the war, like many of us. But these are human beings attempting to escape the mental shackles of war for ten freaking minutes people!

And if you're against the war, you want as many people in this country to demand our troops' safe return as is possible, right? Know how that's done? Get the masses to emotionally connect with these people. If you stopped and thought a minute, instead of towing your political line, you'd see that potential in these videos. You feckless post-crashers remind me of politicians.

S&F for reminding some of us how human our soldiers are. Fudge this ticked me off.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swanfilters
You honour them by stifling free speech and preventing people from talking unless they stick to your agenda? Good job.

Who's stifling free speech? You are perfectly free to take your "speech" and create your own thread with your own agenda.................................someplace else.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by icepack

Dude its called LETTING OFF STEAM

Agreed. Out in the THEATRE, death can come from any direction
and in any form. Why stop having fun when there is some free time.
Soldiers are humans too.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by icepack

I am not saying that all solders are good soldiers, and I certainly will not defend the actions of those that do not do their utmost to promote the true meaning of service.
For some, what appears to be the offhanded attitude and even violent behaviour towards civilians or captured soldiers can be attributed to mental stress, and believe me, I have seen it in its extreme. Other cases are down to the fact that the individuals should have never donned the uniform in the first place and are a total disgrace to the service.

I Should have known the reason for your comments based on your location.

A Freakin French

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Correction. British and ex-soldier.
20 years of proud service, but I do know right from wrong and not afraid to admit it.

I will say that I was a perfect Officer, but I ensured that those under my command played by the rules.
edit on 8/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text

All I can say to you is, "Get Some In"
edit on 8/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

20 years of proud service, but I do know right from wrong and not afraid to admit it.

I will say that I was a perfect Officer, but I ensured that those under my command played by the rules.

*Hand Salute*

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Couple more...

Thriller, 101st style:

Army prank compilation

Sleeping marine prank:

New troop hazing:

I remember doing this to new troops to the unit

edit on 9/8/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Ok in that case, I take my comments back if you're not a french

Great Series it was btw.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Oh yes. A bit dated now but Smiff was a good character.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Not really letting off steam, but funny all the same.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Absolutely brilliant. I have to say I usually look up video clips onyou tube on the Armed Forces letting off some steam as in fun.

Some of them soldiers are hunks hubba hubba, oks oks, picks myself back up off the floor.

Some of them are completely hilarious. Just sad really you have those sick in muds whom think soldiers are not allowed to have fun. They are human beings just like the rest off us.

Thank you for posting this op, it has certainly lightened up my day that is for sure. Starred and Flagged

edit on 8-9-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Thanks for the thread, had a good laugh.
When I watched the spongebob cadence vid, the trees and buildings in the background reminded of boot camp in San Diego.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

That was pretty funny LOL

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Anon doesn't look to bad herself.
In the service its pretty stressfull sometimes. I myself prefer to go somewhere alone and relax or something but some like to goof around alot. My own squadron has made videos out in theatre or at home port. Life is hard in itself so its not wrong to have fun sometimes aslong as you dont get hurt. Some of these guys in the videos dont practice ORM lol. And hazing has been made illegal in the service now. Times are changing.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

the efficiency of the rocket team was severely impaired lol

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join