It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The roles of men and women

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

yes its all the illegals.

Its not congress allowing corporations to strip the manufacturing base of the country and sell it off to the rest of the world, and americans being to lazy or apathetic to stop it.

So the elected spouts the illegals take the jobs so the sheep have something other than them to blame.

Its not women working, or Illegals taking your jobs

takeourjobs.org

Here the illegals are offering americans their jobs back, take them, i dare you.
edit on 8-9-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I didn't say it was all of the illegals...I said some people hiring them are one of the reasons people are out of work..not the only reason.....and I stated what i think are 2 other reasons too. I am entitled to my opinions. Of course the 3 reasons I gave are not the only reasons....there are many reasons why....and you have stated some more. Take care.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It would be nice if we all lived in communities where lessons are learned, money was illegal, we all helped one another for whatever was needed and everyone could just enjoy life...ya know live and let live. This is what I imagine to be the goal of humanity or maybe this is just my goal.

I stayed home with my kids, I did without, although they never did. They loved me being home as well. I was able to get to know them as a person and be able to form a relationship of trust. It worked and is still working for us. When they went to school, I began real estate. I made good money for a while and still hold a lic. although I miss staying home with my babies even though they aren't babies anymore.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissConstrood
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

So how exactly does a woman with a quadriplegic husband and a son in university support her family? Welfare?
Charity?
Or perhaps bigamy is the answer? I look forward to hearing your suggestions as you seem to have all the answers.

edit on 8-9-2011 by MissConstrood because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2011 by MissConstrood because: (no reason given)

these are the rare exceptions and a two way question, in today's economy and all... how does a man with a paralyzed wife and a daughter in college support his family??

here is an article from the CNN August 05, 2011... Paralyzed bride, husband inspire others that you may find interesting and inspiring!

look, the truth of the matter is that women in the past centuries were not treated as equals to men... yes, they were treated as goddesses and so they didn't have to work a "normal" job! they always could if that's what they wanted to... but, they didn't have to!!

another thought for you that you may want to think of is this: "what is the oldest profession in the world?"

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
there was never a time when a significant number of women didn't have to work, that their husbands provided all, without her assistance....
there is three generations before me in my family, mother, grandmother, and great grandmother..
they all worked, although great grand mother worked in the home, sewing clothing and quilts....even my father, when he was a kid, would be sewing those quilts!!

the only difference now is that women have the WHOLE job market open to them, instead of a narrow portion of it which were usually on the side of lower wages.....supplementing the higher wage male....

that and the fact that the quilts, the clothes, candles, and all, well they are now made in factories....

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Call it sexist if you want but I think the general gist of the OP is correct. allow me to elaborate.
Womens Lib was originally a good thing untill the hardcore took over.
The law regarding the battle of the sex's is now unbalanced and grossly one sided.
If a woman grabs me on the ass and I complain, I get laughed at. The other way round and theres hell to pay.
All manner of sexist comments can be directed at men with no consequence but a man can get sued or lose their job for similar actions.
It goes on and on, eventually we will need a 'mans equality movement'
In Australia there is a tv ad campaign: 'Violence against women, Australia says No'
What about all other forms of violence? And what does the subtext insinuate? that Australian men are barbaric and cannot control themselves?
It is no longer about equality but has degenerated into a primitive struggle for dominance.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
LoL,
I agree (please don't beat me ladies!)

I hated working, my kids suffered, and in the end my working was only good for ruining my first marriage.
Woman are not taking up all the jobs, the jobs are going over seas. The things a man used to do from 9 to 5 is now what Habeeb does for longer and for less. Also the US really presses the need for people to have college degrees instead of pressing for people to learn trade skills. Around where I live there a jobs available for welders, electricians,and masons, but no one to fill them. The jobless around here are the computer type people, teachers, engineers, hospital workers, etc...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
As for the 'Violence' issue, there is a massive amount of disparity between the legal ramifications of physical and psychological Violence.
How often do you hear about a battered husband? not very often but you hear about battered wives often enough. This would suggest that men are more violent then women but is that really true? What man is gonna go to the police because his wife is beating him? No, the truly insideous approach to avoid consequence is psychological torment.
most women would find it difficult to win a fist fight with a man so the best option is to mess with their heads.
Traditionally men use fists as weapons and women use sex and their minds as weapons.
There is a reason they are called the more deadly of the sex's.
If a man wants someone dead he has to kill them himself but a woman can convince someone else to do it for her, or better yet convince them to kill themselves.
At least men are open and honest with violence.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venomilk
there is no line seperating the roles of men and women anymore. if you dont like it, you can find a bride from japan, or somewhere similar where they were raised to appease the men.

womens lib wreck everything? yes, while we men were in charge we didnt wreck anything. nothing was falling apart, its all them womens faults, they wanna get jobs and screw it up for the rest of us, right?
edit on 8-9-2011 by Venomilk because: (no reason given)

So you are saying that women screwed up everything as well on Wall Street? Pfffff...get real.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by Venomilk
there is no line seperating the roles of men and women anymore. if you dont like it, you can find a bride from japan, or somewhere similar where they were raised to appease the men.

womens lib wreck everything? yes, while we men were in charge we didnt wreck anything. nothing was falling apart, its all them womens faults, they wanna get jobs and screw it up for the rest of us, right?
edit on 8-9-2011 by Venomilk because: (no reason given)

So you are saying that women screwed up everything as well on Wall Street? Pfffff...get real.

i wouldn't be surprised if that was true!!

... it has been proven that women are the cause for most (if not all) of the wars in the world!

women used to be the master puppeteers but, now they are becoming the marionettes!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

WOW.

I didn't know we had a Twister Comedy section on ATS.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
My view on feminists? Control freaks.

I've dated a couple girls that were feminist. I'd take them out, and upon arrival at the destination, go to open their door for them and I'd get "I can get it myself!" and "Don't treat me like I'm helpless". It could be the very next date where you don't offer to open the door for them, and I'd get "Aren't you going to be the gentleman and open my door for me?" or "Is that how you normally treat girls?!". I'd always pay for the date, to which they never objected, but isn't that unequal of them? Especially when they would ask the dates half the time? I mean, to be equal and all, the girl needs to pay for the dates half the time, open my door for me, carry me over puddles, and give me her jacket if I'm cold, right?

I don't date anymore, I can't stand American girls, so many of them are conceited materialistic control freaks who are living through the life of one of their favorite celebrities. I consider it better to stay alone than have to put up with your average female here in the U.S. Also, I now know why American guys spend thousands of dollars to import women from other countries as brides.

That's my rant

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Women's lib wrecked everything.

Because women and men have different purposes in life.

Let us keep these clear.

The reason why so many are out of jobs is because women took them. And because some families have two jobs.

Come on, women, get back home! Your job is to nurture etc - not to earn.

And let every family have one job.

Okay, waiting for the hate - but you know I am right.

I recall when I graduated quickly realizing the world I was raised in and the things I was taught - almost everything family and male/female related had changed drastically. I was confused; I think a lot of us were confused back then.

Women became a predominant force in the American workplace long ago, as our fearless leaders sat in Washington DC and sent off as many American men as possible to kill or be killed in wartime. Before then the workplace really was a man's world.

An important thing to realize is nothing good is gained through buying into the divide and conquer, us versus them mindset imprinted upon our society by those who pull the strings from high above. As long as people carry on without getting along the mind controllers keep on winning.

Look at the current state of households in America; over a year ago (we are told) the majority - 51% - are single moms with children. Our society did not evolve into a state where the traditional family structure is rapidly disappearing by accident. Our population is twisted and manipulated by slowly evolving laws and practices resulting in unbalanced, unfair treatment of taxpayers in the work places and in the legal system. Happy content couples stay together and raise their children as well as they can. The incredibly high divorce rate in America is the result of spouses being unhappy in the artificial rat-race some call The American Dream.

Traditional roles have been carefully shredded while alternative lifestyles and the 'you can have it all' mindset has been impressed upon people who learned the hard way that no, for the most part, they cannot be both mother & father, career person and housekeeper all rolled into one. Few have that kind of non-stop energy.

I think many people need to wake up to how and why we have arrived at where we are now. The forced role of wageslave taxpayer mass consumer programmed to compete and keep up with the Jones' is the path set for us by our corporate profit based capitalist government. It serves them well and makes our lives hell.

Americans need more exposure to David Icke's words of wisdom, warning us of how the wasteful and destructive path we are speeding along will lead to further destruction of the environment and ourselves.

We need to return to the roles of living with the land as mankind did for the greater part of our history. Applying what we've learned, and learning to get along with each other, is a task we need to undertake.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
lol i dont think it the women is at fault here, i think you gotta look at the bigger picture. may be there is something wrong with the system it self ? ^^ stop blaming the women. and plus blaming does not help you solve it lol, if you are out of work i advise you to go find a job instead for making thread like these haha ^^

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I know I arrived late to this post. My Girlfriend, was raised by her father to never rely on a man. Her mother was so big into women's lib, and yet she strongly believes in gender roles. My girl can fix a car, fix a gun, keep house, and provide an amazing meal. Shes a tom-boy with more feminine qualities. Her and her female cousin believe that they will work their butts off just like their man, as long as he takes care of the outside of the house while they take care of the inside.
My girlfriend is a history teacher that loves her job, but has stated that when we have children, she wants to remain home until they go to school, because she believes a mother's role is to nurture her children. We have agree to stop at 2 children, at my request so she could pursue her masters and become a college professor.
Any man or woman could gladly challenge my girlfriend in this, but make sure your armed because she can destroy skeet targets with a 12 g. and she only 5'4. =)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

HAH! Well said, my friend.

I could delve deeper than you and state that man's inabilities drove women into the workforce, and women entering the workforce drove inferior-minded men out of the workforce... which in turn broke up families radiating from those inferior jobless men....

... which in turn created more job market funnel congestion. Because the single women who left those inferiors are also in the job market funnel congestion awaiting interviews and sieving through job search engine queues.

See if women didn't leave their men and attempt to fend for themselves (I could preach-preacher here about commitment-themed morals and values that have seemed to take a downward spiral to hell these days, but I won't), if men didn't suck so badly at the jobs that they had, and if people would just get ANY job to use as a stepping stone until the next one surfaces.... if people would work, and not collect unemployment.... if people would just stop complaining about the job that they have and start being grateful that they have ANY job whatsoever.....

Yeah, I'm getting off topic here.

If people would just get a job. Work hard. Find a better job, before leaving the job they have. Stick with it. Excell. Live to work and work to live.

Peace,
rschmfem

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CarpeLibertas

Amen.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I grew up in the 60's and 70's. there was a canning factory in my hometown. outside of the local kids working summer jobs there, the place was filled predominately with women, some were rather old, and had been working there for decades!!

there were women serving us in the resturants....my doctor's nurse was a women, most of my teachers were women, at least one women was a cab driver, there were women in the stores running the cash registers,
the women were working!!!

you're are holding up this image of a way of life only the upper income brackets could afford to live, and you are telling us we should all be living that life!!

most of us grew up, we don't believe the fairy tales, there's no prince charming coming along and sweeping us off our feet! we work, live with it, we've raised kids also, and kept our homes....
been doing it throughout the ages......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join