It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Manipulation is Real

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Weather Manipulation is a reality.

Here is an example of scientists creating Tornadoes;

Japanese scientists create artificial tornadoes

According to the article, scientists of the "National Institute for Infrastructure", Tokyo University and the "Disaster Prevention Research Center" of Japan have been creating Tornadoes in order to test the stability of homes.

They have in fact created storms strong enough to "uproot large trees, lift and hurl cars, knock down walls and destroy steel-frame structures".

Of course the public must already be aware of this, since even your average American Museum features artificially created Tornadoes:

If they are able to create tornadoes they are also able to create winds that could cause Hurricanes and Tsunamis. If you hold your house fan near bathtub water, you create a miniature Hurricane. Likewise, if you have a bunch of offshore giant Turbines you could probably cause some serious waves. Here is an article about a Scientist Creating a Hurricane in a Bottle

They can create rain too. An example:

Scientists create 52 artificial rainstorms in Abu Dhabi desert

to control the weather in the Middle East, scientists working for the United Arab Emirates government artificially created rain where rain is generally nowhere to be found. The $11 million project, which began in July, put steel lampshade-looking ionizers in the desert to produce charged particles. The negatively charged ions rose with the hot air, attracting dust. Moisture then condensed around the dust and eventually produced a rain cloud. A bunch of rain clouds.

Conclusion: Weather Manipulation is a reality and a fact, not a "fringe theory".How and where it is being used remains a matter of speculation.

Your thoughts?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
If you hold your house fan near bathtub water

Interesting, I never knew that.

I'm going to try that and see if it works.

Sounds cool.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I thought we knew Weather modification was real. They have been doing it for decades. Cloud seeding, etc... just not using a radio transmitter to blow up the sky and make remote controlled wind storms.

I don't see how creating a cyclone, hurricane, etc in a controlled environment is the same as saying they can do it in the wild. It's entirely different. I can make a cup of coffee in my kitchen, but put me in a desert with a handful of coffee beans?

They have wind tunnels that re-create the speeds of wind in hurricanes, etc, to know how debris can be deadly, splinters of wood etc, can impale people, or become embedded in solid wood.

I may have missed something..

Even if the human species did not intend to alter the weather, we do. Everything we do has an effect.

But it's nice to think that we can blame it all on a secret technology that absolves us of our responsibility in maintaining the environment of this planet so we can continue to BE the problem instead of part of the solution. And that is all we can do, be a part.

link   
reply to post by jondave

I'd like to know more about the chances of them making earthquakes though and it also would take a lot of effort to create storms and hurricanes without anybody noticing that the government did it?

link   
Good info. hehe, I don't think weather manipulation is quite as bad as some people here say, but I've always thought it was real to some extent.
Cloud seeding, where they create clouds, also no doubt exists. I think a lot of people mistake cloud seeding for chemtrails, which imo is a bad thing. Chemtrails have a bad rep. I feel that if people used the term cloud seeding instead, the knowledge would be much easier to spread.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

But it's nice to think that we can blame it all on a secret technology that absolves us of our responsibility in maintaining the environment of this planet so we can continue to BE the problem instead of part of the solution. And that is all we can do, be a part.

Im not blaming anything on anyone, just pointing out that we are, for example, able to create large scale, damaging tornadoes. And if something is possible, you can be sure that it will be used for unfriendly means sooner or later.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I fail to see how you can make the leap from a laboratory created vortex to the ability to produce a real world tornado. That thing doesn't even qualify as a dust devil.

The simulator is 1.5 metres in diameter and is mounted on a frame that is 2.3 metres tall and 5 metres wide. It can generate maximum wind velocity of 15 to 20 metres per second, enough to simulate an F3-size storm.
www.newscientist.com...
20 meters per second = 45 miles per hour. It's a scale model tornado. A toynado.
edit on 9/7/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I fail to see how you can make the leap

Ask them...

enough to simulate an F3-size storm. On Japan's Fujita Scale, an F3 storm is one powerful enough to uproot large trees, lift and hurl cars, knock down walls and destroy steel-frame structures.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I don't have to, it's in the article. Did you see the word "simulate?"
A real F3 does that. A real F3 also has wind speeds of 158-206 mph. The toynado does not.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Call it a conspiracy mind or just suspicious, but when I see things like this that are presented to the public, I always wonder what they have similar, or to what degree, that they don't let the public see. I am not saying for sure that anything nefarious is going on with this tech, but at the same time, I personally cannot say 100% that this tech could be used for some type of tactical advantage, especially when money and profits, or strategic advantages are considered.

This tech could also be used for good it seems, but why have no clouds been seeded over Texas? Man they could use some rain down there.
This article is interesting, but it does have ole Alex J attached to it, so for whatever it's worth.(Don't flame please
)
www.greatdreams.com...

Peace,
spec

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Toynado! I am loving it. reminds me of this weather manipulation...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 7-9-2011 by redbarron626 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I don't have to, it's in the article. Did you see the word "simulate?"
A real F3 does that. A real F3 also has wind speeds of 158-206 mph. The toynado does not.

A simulation is a test-run of the real thing. Thats how I make the "leap" of which you "fail to understand" how I make it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

A simulation is a way of figuring out how to minimize damage to people and property when nature throws the real thing at you.

In an effort to understand how extreme weather causes structural damage, four Japanese organisations – the National Institute for Land and Infrastructure Management (NILIM), the Building Research Institute, the University of Tokyo and the Disaster Prevention Research Institute at Kyoto University – have been developing a tornado simulator .

Kikitsu and his team plan to test the device by building model houses that fit under his simulator.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

This article is interesting, but it does have ole Alex J attached to it, so for whatever it's worth.(Don't flame please
)
www.greatdreams.com...

No, its alright, no flaming.

Kept the OP deliberately conspiracy-source free though...and even then the debunkers will find something wrong with it.

edit on 7-9-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Kept the OP deliberately conspiracy-source free though...and even then the debunkers will find something wrong with it

Not too difficult in this case.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Not too difficult in this case.

I trust you agree it is thoroughly exciting that its possible to artificially create all of these weather conditions.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Conclusion: Weather Manipulation is a reality and a fact, not a "fringe theory"

Well, the stuff they're doing is pretty interesting, but I'm a little confused by your title/premise ...

I mean, how 'fringe' can it really be if wikipedia knows that whether modification is real?

But okays.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join