It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Manipulation is Real

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

It's cool to make toynados, yes.
When I was a kid I made tsunami in my bathtub. Mom got mad though.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Great Story. I agree that between Abu Dhabi and the very serious work toward weather modification China has done it's hard to argue that Governments take it very seriously. Nothing fringe about the money and manpower behind the work, to be sure.

Chinese weather modification before Olympics

So the only question is how far has it gone? I'm sure it's far beyond simply making rain in the desert.... Who knows, since this is certain to be one of those official efforts that will never officially exist. We'll only know when something goes really wrong or they make a serious breakthrough in reducing some violent weather condition in nature.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

I mean, how 'fringe' can it really be if wikipedia knows that whether modification is real?

But okays.

Weather Modification is accepted to be real. Weather Manipulation for nefarious means is probably not considered real. I admit the title/premise is ambiguous. Long time no see S-Dog.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah

I'd like to know more about the chances of them making earthquakes though and it also would take a lot of effort to create storms and hurricanes without anybody noticing that the government did it?

Top 5 ways to create an Earthquake

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I thought they were hush hush on projects in the "development stage", why are we hearing about this?
How long do these projects take?

We can make a computer go from the size of a large dog to something on your watch in 10 years, I can safely assume they make military/government "toys" a lot faster and keep most of them extremely quiet.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Or you could use this.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

www.geotimes.org...
Feature Nudging the Weather
Lisa M. Pinsker

Last Memorial Day weekend, Bruce Boe made a trip from his home-town Fargo, N.D., to Calgary, Alberta, to get his team of technicians, pilots and meteorologists geared up for another hail season in the Canadian province.

From a turbo-twin Comanche seeding aircraft, a well-organized storm is visible in the skies above western North Dakota as a target for a cloud-seeding operation to reduce potential hail damage. The plane’s operator, Weather Modification, Inc., is one of a handful of U.S. companies that participates in cloud seeding. Photograph is by Josh Mlnarik, courtesy of the North Dakota Atmospheric Resource Board.

www.naiwmc.org...
The field of weather modification requires the use of specialized equipment to carry out operations and research. Examples of some of the commonly used eqiupment, as well as graphics depicting the basic methods and techniques can be found here.

Old news but I have known for at least 6 years now.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

It usually takes 10 to 20 years for something we have in small-scale to be realized in large-scale. But I wouldnt be surprised if the military is capable of generating a lot of wind. The science of generating wind is simple. Generating a LOT of wind is then merely a matter of money.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

the following is dated prior to the March EQ in Japan, but it was after such that the said 'Scientists puzzled by South Atlantic Whirlpoos' hit the headlines.
Curiousity etc.

Aplogies, this - below - is dated After the said EQ in Japan
thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

Giant Ocean Whirlpools Puzzle Scientist.......is one site where the date was January 2011

edit on 8-9-2011 by steaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
So......because they can create toynadoes, or snow storms indoors, that's covers the term "weather manipulation" as you intend it to mean ?

(indoor ski slope, in Dubai)

If you hold that definition, then even simple air-conditioning , refrigeration, or heating, etc. falls within your category.

Because I think there is a fundamental difference between emulating a weather phenomenon in an enclosed environment / space....and that of the outside world (the open atmosphere).

You are not demonstrating or offering any evidence to your post's title's claim.

edit on 8-9-2011 by EyeDontKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
well a helicopter can steal a cloud from a city so stealing rain and acidently makeing a rain storm are in the same hand along with learning that you made a storm and water

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by EyeDontKnow

and that of the outside world (the open atmosphere).

You are not demonstrating or offering any evidence to your post's title's claim.

From the OP's link:

Scientists working for the Abu Dhabi government created more than 50 rainstorms in Al Ain in July and August of 2010, during the peak of the emirate’s summer months.
The rains are part of a secret $11m project, reportedly commissioned by HH Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE, which used ionisers to generate storms, the UK’s Sunday Times said.
It is thought to be the first time the team had produced man-made rain from otherwise clear skies.
According to the report, scientists used large ionisers, which resemble lampshades, to generate fields of negatively charged particles. That in turn creates cloud formation, leading to rain.
Over 122 days through the summer months, the emitters were switched on 74 times when atmospheric humidity reached the required level of 30 percent or more

www.arabianbusiness.com...
Maybe I am confused, but weren't these rain showers outside? On a side note Al Ain is an interesting place from what I have skimmed over.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I apologize, I should have been more specific, and pointed to your claims of....

"If they are able to create tornadoes they are also able to create winds that could cause Hurricanes and Tsunamis."

There is indeed real weather manipulation, I realize this.......so I was only referring to half your post.

edit on 8-9-2011 by EyeDontKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyeDontKnow

Evidence in its broadest sense includes everything that is used to determine or demonstrate the truth of an assertion. Giving or procuring evidence is the process of using those things that are either (a) presumed to be true, or (b) were themselves proven via evidence, to demonstrate an assertion's truth.

Edit: Just saw your last post, so nevermind this one.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Iowa State University has a bigger tornado simulator using a similar design. This video explains it in detail.

Clear though you could not use this technology to create a tornado in the field. Unless you can figure out how to build and then hover a gigaton structure with a fan a thousand times more powerful than the space shuttle engines 1000 feet in the air .

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
Clear though you could not use this technology to create a tornado in the field.

What makes you so sure?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Some food for thought:

The Climate Engineers: Playing God to Save the Planet

Moscow Mayor Promises a Winter Without Snow

Humans have been trying to control the weather from the very beginning. Some through dancing, others through prayer/sacrifice, and many through science.

Like earlier stated none of this is really a secret and in fact most if not all of it is on public record.

I guess what skyfloating is extrapolating is the use of such technology in the context of Weather Warfare ... now if one could find evidence for this, then we'd have a thread.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Uncinus
Clear though you could not use this technology to create a tornado in the field.

What makes you so sure?

The reasons I stated. The technique uses a giant steel cylinder, with a giant high speed fan, moving several hundred feet about the ground.

Here's a picture of the ISU tornado simulator:

Look at the scale model of the the town. Now look at the trillion tons of steel you'd need to somehow position 1000 feet over the town.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
And, these simulators are no more "weather manipulation" than a garden hose simulating rain is manipulating the weather. They simulate (on a very small scale) the effects of weather.

A fan simulates wind, a hose simulates rain, a heat lamp simulates sunshine. None of them could in any way be called "weather".

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Weather Manipulation is a reality.
Your thoughts?

I think it is indeed a reality, but to what extent, I don’t know.
Here is some interesting information about it, at least in my opinion.
Alex Jones speaks with Weather Control Expert Ben Livingston

In this 2005 interview, radio host Alex Jones speaks with Dr. Ben Livingston, who was the Commander in charge of seeding clouds over VC supply lines during the Vietnam war in order to make roads muddy and impassable. After the war, Ben led a government experiment to see if hurricanes could be weakened, and he explains how funding for the hurricane experiments was abruptly cancelled once feasibility was proven.

Former Naval Physicist: Government Can Control Hurricanes

Former Vet “Made it Rain” During Vietnam War

by Steve Watson & Paul Joseph Watson Prison Planet.com 14 Oct 2005

He went on to explain exactly how to minimize and control the hurricane:

“We would be trying to destroy or at least grossly reduce the velocity in these individual energy cells by seeding the clouds with silver iodide in the top part of the cloud... and those tops would then have so many small droplets in them that the prevailing wind just blows them away and so an energy cell would be neutralized until it can regroup which may be several hours later.”

The seeding process may sound complicated but it is not at all. There would be no need for more than two small aircraft at a time to safely fly upwards into the hurricane.

Airborne hygroscopic flares emit water-attracting particles into cloud updrafts during a recent cloud-seeding project in Mexico.

Dr Livingston went on to read a statement from the Stanford research Institute who were brought into Project Storm Fury in the late sixties as a third party, which stated conclusively that knowledge of how to stop hurricanes had been uncovered and that they would be directly liable should a hurricane hit and cause extensive damage and loss of life.

Of course, during the Vietnam war the goal for Livingston and his colleagues was to actually strengthen adverse weather, to inflate and exacerbate the monsoon season in order that the Vietnamese get bogged down.
So not only is prevention possible, but also creation of harsh weather conditions.

Dr Livingston was assigned in 1966 from the Naval weapons research Laboratory to a marine fighter squadron in Vietnam. Instead of guns, the aircraft under Livingston’s control were fitted with cloud seeding equipment.

Cloud seeding is the process of spreading either dry ice (or more commonly, silver iodide aerosols) into the upper part of clouds to try to stimulate the precipitation process and form rain. Since most rainfall starts through the growth of ice crystals from super-cooled cloud droplets (droplets colder than the freezing point, 32 deg. F) in the upper parts of clouds, the silver iodide particles are meant to encourage the growth of new ice particles.

Check Out this local Government web page on Weather Modification. It's Amazing how people still believe that this science does not exist!

The link to that Government web page doesn’t work, but I find it again on the wayback machine. See the link to pdf document weather modification below.

Dr Livingston puts beyond doubt the reality of weather modification.
His take on Hurricane Katrina is that it was not prevented for political reasons.

www.newsofinterest.tv...

WEATHER MODIFICATION

The first cloud seeding project in Utah ran from 1951 to 1955 in the central and southern portion of the state.

Cloud seeding began again in central and southern Utah in 1973 and has continued to the present.

Here is the link to the complete article of Weather Modification.

www.water.utah.gov...

edit on 10/9/11 by spacevisitor because: did some adding

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join