It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bubonic plague outbreak in Colorado

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentblue
I always heard that prarie dogs carried the plague and you should never touch them after they are shot. I guess RSOE has finally confirmed what I've been hearing.plague outbreak

Cheers!

Scary! I hope it doesn't become a big issue. It happens occasionally. A few months ago a couple people in New Mexico had it. I don't know what ended up happening with them though I didn't keep up with it.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
Does this travel by air? If so, how long can it live and travel by air? Also, if people are infected, how are they going to make sure this does not effect others?

plague.emedtv.com...

Rats man and pestilence man, just wash keep your house clean and dont go playing with varmints in the wild...friggin Fleas!!!

You are thinking the pneumonic plague. that transmits by air...yick. HPN95 mask real easy to procure

edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

This happens every year in about the same area, search the RSOE EDIS site archives, the current description of this years plague has some very good information, fleas carry the plague, which in turn inhabit our furry friends the prairie dogs, mice,rabbits,squirrels and other rodents. This year has been particularly bad because its been a good year for fleas (ask my dogs and cats lol) we've been fighting them all summer.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Thanks for this, I have friends who run a Prairie Dog Rescue. Thanks for the heads up...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The bubonic plague interests me. Mostly because we were taught (in my area) about the plague through history class which gave me the impression it was just a midevil plague that wasnt going to come back. Then I was shocked to find modern day pictures of victims taken in asia. And now I am hearing it's in my own country!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
There is a now a confirmed case of the pneumonic plague. The last two cases in New Mexico were treated with full recovery. Looks like they they are doing a good job at containing it but get familiar with the symptoms just fyi.

Umatilla County, OR man confirmed positive for pneumonic plague

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Wow thanks to bringing this to my attention. My interests lie in Pandemics and Diseases and all of that good stuff. It's part of the reason i'm in school to be a veterinarian !

top topics

<< 1   >>

join