It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial Stereotypes Are REAL.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annie Mossity
reply to post by faivious

Racial Stereotypes Are REAL.

of course they are ...

some of my best friends are 'stereotypes'.

edit on 7-9-2011 by Annie Mossity because: (no reason given)

Okay, now I am really friggin offended! You discriminated against my race.

Nowhere in your post did you include Native Americans, what's up with that? And what stereotype would you assign to us?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
J/K, for the most part you are right, but there are sometimes exceptions to the rules. Like this guy I worked with in Thialand onetime, he was Korean and he couldn't add to 10, even when using his fingers...and yes he had all of them.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
i think that the OP is confused...you are stating cultural stereotypes not Racial stereotypes. Europeans raised in Asian societies ...act like Asians...Africans raised in European culture..act European etc. the color of a persons skin has nothing, zero, zilch to do with how they respond to the world around them. people respond to stimulus based on their life experiences and the CULTURE they are raised in, it gives them their basis for comparing right and wrong. It gives them their own paradigm with which to view the world.

to group people by color and say, yup that is how those folks act, is in fact racist, and ignorant.

if you think ignorant means stupid, please look up the word.
edit on 7-9-2011 by CaDreamer because: typo

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
My feeling is when first meeting a person if you are hung up on his color or language,you are indeed a racist,what bearing in life must you stereotype a person,it shows your insecuritys,like someone of different religious faith, I look at people as people no better no worse,I've had many more bad encounters by white people,so would that mean all whites are bad?,have some faith in yourself then trying to bring someone down below your level,it makes you seem uneducated and insecure

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Racism = the belief that one race is superior to another

Bigotry = hatred or cruelty shown toward individuals because of their race

There is a difference. I think Asians are better at math than I, so I am a racist. I think I am the better driver, so I am a racist. I would never dream of hating them or otherwise discriminating against them, so I am NOT a bigot.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If you hate racists just because they are racist, wouldn't you too be a racist?

Either love everyone or accept the fact that you are not perfect either.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200457

if racists only came from one color of folks then yes you would be a racist..

there is really no such thing as race.

is a red M&M superior to a green one?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I absolutely agree with the point that we have to have a free view of this naturally occurring question. There is no science without research and freedom of mind.
My opinion is by any means that, the world is a more beautiful place with different kind of people living in it. We should be proud of who we are not only nationality wise. By the way: why is so common to say i'm this and that national. I think this should be our same level of privacy. On the other hand, why is that better to say we are all equal than saying, all of us have our unique purpose and we are stronger together. I think this thought will be hopelessly ridiculed for forever. There is an auto training called Neuro Linguistic Programming. One of the authors of these handbooks says. The human brain is the only supercomputer which is not supplied with user guide. We should just change perspective, but that would take our proudness at risk.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
Racism = the belief that one race is superior to another

Bigotry = hatred or cruelty shown toward individuals because of their race

There is a difference. I think Asians are better at math than I, so I am a racist. I think I am the better driver, so I am a racist. I would never dream of hating them or otherwise discriminating against them, so I am NOT a bigot.

There are differences in IQ and levels of violence among races.
Both of those are very significant.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

Originally posted by 200457

if racists only came from one color of folks then yes you would be a racist..

there is really no such thing as race.

is a red M&M superior to a green one?

Most racist groups do in fact consider themselves a race. If a bunch of people declare that they are a race, then they are. And depending on personal preference some might say that the red M&M is superior, and if that is what they believe then there is nothing you can do to change that, so why bother?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Interesting replies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join