It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7-ton NASA satellite set to fall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

7-ton NASA satellite set to fall

cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com

NASA says a defunct seven-ton satellite is due to re-enter the atmosphere — with the potential to rain debris upon Earth.

The Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite, or UARS, is expected to come down in late September or early October, the space agency said today in an advisory. "Although the spececraft will break into pieces during re-entry, not all of it will burn up in the atmosphere," NASA said.

The agency said it's too early to say exactly when UARS will make its final plunge, or exactly where any debris will come down. Russian news reports suggested that Moscow was "in the zone
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
NASA's Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite, or UARS, is expected to re-enter Earth's atmosphere in late September or early October 2011, almost six years after the end of a productive scientific life. Although the spacecraft will break into pieces during re-entry, not all of it will burn up in the atmosphere.

www.nasa.gov...

WHoopee! Something that is actually going to hit us. (Not like Elenin)

It should be fun following this story. See who can pick where its going to hit. They state at the moment risk is minimal but I am sure the media will go into a frenzy.

cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The source article said that it was put into a disposal orbit. I was under the impression that when a satellite is decommissioned it was suppose to have its thrusters activated and pushed out of orbit. Thus another satellite could then be placed into the spot that the decommissioned one had. So my question is why was this one put in a disposal orbit?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Perhaps we can use those green wicked lasers to burn it up from the ground.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hmmm, I wounder if "It" will burn blue. This being a refference to Hoppi legend.
edit on 7-9-2011 by NervousNJerky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Now that the space shuttle is out of service I wonder how they are going to fix satellites, maybe this is the reason this one is falling down because they have no way of fixing things.

Interesting link.
www.suntrek.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Wow!! That's alot of stuff coming down, hopefully it won't hurt anyone. It is interesting that it is falling at the end of September when we have all this Elenin nonsense going on!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
Wow!! That's alot of stuff coming down, hopefully it won't hurt anyone. It is interesting that it is falling at the end of September when we have all this Elenin nonsense going on!

Yea I think this is nasa's way of trying to cover up ELEnin by saying its a satellite. Try to keep the public calm ya know? People look up and be like "oh its just a satellite thats what Nasa says" Then they go bout there normal day and BAM! Catastrophic events happen. *claps* Thanks alot for not telling us what really is going on NASA.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Is this why they released the photos? To bolster their dying image in the public's mind before they tell them the bad news that a satellite is going to fall on them?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I hope it does not fall on Obamas head. Really.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Has anyone looked at all the debris floating and orbiting around up there? Everytime they launched one they knew there was a chance of it exploding and raining down on us. They knew eventually everything they launched something up there it had to eventually come crashing down. More of their idiot empty headed thinking. All of them appear to believe they are so above the rest of us that nothing can happen to them, their homes, and their families. Too bad they didn't go up with their launches then they could be the captain of their ship.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I also find this interesting, and I suspect there might be more things like this to come.
Since its also being reported that there is a lot of space junk around earth. Wonder if that wasn't just put there because they know some stuff is about to start impaling earth. Its probably a pretty broad idea, but who knows? It is odd about Elenin.... Sept.-Oct. Just interesting. I wonder how many more reports like this will be made in the near future?

Space Junk Around Earth

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Yes, add that to the Elenin synchronicity list. I've lost count.

Otherwise, all of the solar M & X class flares of late.... There's always mention of 'can interfere with satellites.' So, just wondering if this one got scrambled, and 'zapped' out of orbit from a direct hit due to a hole in the ozone perhaps. Is that even possible? It said 'upper atmosphere.' Just throwing it out there for consideration.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

I am sure the media will go into a frenzy.

So will ATS in all likelyhood... It's already being linked with all this Elenin nonsense and the threads not even a page long!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon

Yea I think this is nasa's way of trying to cover up ELEnin by saying its a satellite. Try to keep the public calm ya know? People look up and be like "oh its just a satellite thats what Nasa says" Then they go bout there normal day and BAM! Catastrophic events happen. *claps* Thanks alot for not telling us what really is going on NASA.

I don't believe Elenin is going to cause us any harm, it too small and too far away to do anything to us, as far as I know, that Space Junk is another story completely!

I do find it interesting these two times these things are supposed to "interfere" with us is September/October when all the Elenin nonsense is around that date, I'm not sure what is going on, but it is a bit interesting. Maybe Elenin is going to smack us, or maybe it'll just be 7 tons of space junk!!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NervousNJerky

Haven't you seen the latest pics of Elenin. It's well Blue.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violetshy
I also find this interesting, and I suspect there might be more things like this to come.
Since its also being reported that there is a lot of space junk around earth. Wonder if that wasn't just put there because they know some stuff is about to start impaling earth. Its probably a pretty broad idea, but who knows? It is odd about Elenin.... Sept.-Oct. Just interesting. I wonder how many more reports like this will be made in the near future?

Space Junk Around Earth

Bingo! I saw that pic. a couple of days ago and it certainly troubled me. I think we are in for a bumpy ride in the years to come. Attack of the Space Trash. It would make a great sequel to Space Balls. We litter in Space just like we do here on Earth. Pretty sad. I think the Aliens are crying much like American Indian Iron Eyes Cody cried in those old public service announcements.

Just apply the commercial to Earths orbit...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Someone who really knows the level of danger a piece of this represents, please explain this quote from the article for me:

"If there is something you think may be a piece of UARS, do not touch it," NASA said. "Contact a local law-enforcement official for assistance."

Is there a real and legitimate reason that ought to concern people (Or stop everyone from souvenir hunting)? For very obvious reasons, the thought of keeping something from the Shuttle break-up would never cross my mind, but if this comes down over the United States, why wouldn't I want to carefully pack a piece of this away as the ultimate souvenir? This kind of warning first strikes me as the Gov't simply wanting control of their debris for the sake of control...or is there something about this satellite or it's power system we ought to know?
edit on 7-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5de94b5239ea.png[/atsimg]
Link to UARS orbital path.

So Elenin will now be officially mentioned in all threads no matter the topic. How revolting is that

Glad to see all of North America is out of this loop. Break out your hardhats if you are under that line.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Wow, this has never happened before...this must be the end of the world..

I just hope it doesn't lend on someone...

Peace
edit on 7-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join