It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Things night terrors.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I have noticed kind of an increase in threads about night terrors as of late. I know it is a widely experienced thing among children. So I thought it would be good and helpful to start a thread about everything involving night terrors. Feel free to share your experiences with this issue or those of your children’s. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask and I or someone else in the thread will try to help you understand or give advice on how to get through them. Those of you who like me may have experienced these or your children have and you would like to post some info that you got from your experience feel free to post it here. As I said above this post is about everything Night Terror.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
it was disturbing to me as i was small and it freaked me out, but a night light and things helped and terrors go away after time. believing a child is the best thing to do, dont throw them back in bed and turn off the light.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
My son, who is now 18, had terrible night terrors from about age 2 to 8. It was the freakiest thing I'd ever experienced. It was always such a scary event we never thought to film him in one, we were always too busy trying to get him to come out of it. He would sit there with his eyes wide open screaming, "No! I don't want too!" We always felt he was being told to do something or go somewhere he didn't want to go. We noticed that the terrors seemed to be linked to him either having to go to the bathroom while sleeping or a sudden change of temperature, like when we would pick him up from the sitter's when he had been sleeping. If your child has this condition you should know they will eventually go away. But, for science I'd like to see someone film the event.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

My son (turned two yesterday) had them on a regular basis about 9 months ago. It is very disturbing and my wife and I were helpless because there is nothing you can do for a child going through it. All you can do is hold them so that they don't hurt themselves by falling or running into the wall. Eventually they stopped, but my son still wakes up almost every night around 2am crying, sometimes screaming. My Rottweiler has been going into his room for about a month now and laying by his bed as if she is protecting him from something, which my wife and I find pretty interesting. I have always believed that dogs (and other animals), as well as small children, are capable of seeing things that we can't. Perhaps it has something to do with their innocence.
edit on 7-9-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I never really had night terrors as a kid so sorry...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I can't remember my dreams I don't know about Night Terrors. What I have been told is that Children usually don't sleep the full 8 hours. Sometimes they wake up at night. (

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Someone that has night terrors doesn't know that it is happening, nor do they remember anything afterwards.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
My little lads started having a nightly episode this past week.
Definitely seem's connected to him getting too hot in bed. He calms down immediately if I switch a gentle breeze of the fan on. Think he's also having a growth spurt.
He never actually wakes up though, even if he's having the screaming abdabs. But he does sit bolt upright sometimes with his eyes still shut.
My creepy little man.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
i used to get them as a kid weird as hell all i can remember is having weird feelings in my hands, seeing dots that are not there and also being in a white empty room, hearin loud noises etc but it used to hit me in the daytime aswell harmless but scary as s**t

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Gullyman

Yeah,loud noises,thats sort of what i can remember from when i used to have them as a kid,like a previous poster said,its hard to remember many details from the actual terrors but i can remember a sort of thudding in my head,a loud beating noise and really high temperature,really freaky stuff!!!

S+f for the thread OP!!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments all. I had them almost up to my teens off and on some more intense than others. but it is a scarry feeling.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't really know if I have ever had a night terror..I do have very vivid dreams though. I still remember dreams from when I was a kid. But lately I have been having them more than often. Most of them are nightmares, but, I did have one that was very beautiful. I was swimming in this oasis in the middle of the desert. I was naked, and the crisp, cool water felt great on my skin. It was crystal blue..most beautiful dream that I have ever had. Then the nightmares are another story. I've also have had a few dream where I get struck by lightening, electricity surrounds me, and I start floating up in the air...unable to move or speak. Those were strange..it felt so real.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
feal free to share some of your dreamsn here. I would like to hear what youve experienced

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
i used to get something like a mix of night terror and sleep paralysis in my old house. It was about 120 years old and for a short time just before i moved id get poked in my side just before going to sleep. On some occasions just as i began to drift off id feel like i was being physically held down in the bed. Not had it since moving to a new build apartment. Still not sure if it was in the mind or real.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Like most people, I have experienced this and am well aware how much of an impact it can have on a person. Be aware that it is universally reported.
As a Fine Art student, I went to a cemetery and staged some photographs for an assignment and was greatly troubled for quite some time afterward. I'd suddenly feel as though someone had grabbed my feet and was pulling me upward and down toward the foot of the bed. So violently. I'd be unable to move or cry out. Many times my mother heard me trying from her bedroom.
Eventually, my grandmother (from the Croatian side of the family) advised me to speak out loud and apologize for any disrespect and then state very firmly something along the lines of, "This is MY home. I wish you well but you have no business here, BEGONE." Whether the effect was merely psychological or something more, the situation began to dwindle right away and ended soon after.
Now, when ever I feel uneasy I turn to grounding but also try to recall that firmness of conviction - "This is MY home. I wish you well but you have no business here, BEGONE." So perhaps it is a question of filling the gaps. If these things feed upon fear, strength of conviction appears to be the key.
I have also read mention that this kind of phenomena is connected to the same area of the brain that controls narcolepsy. And it is interesting that simply wiggling your toes and fingers will, in some instances, banish sleep paralysis rather quickly.
edit on 17/9/11 by sirenofthedead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ghosthunter79

did you ever try to check any history on the old house see if there was something that could have been there

top topics

join