It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You Mad Bro" Sign Kicks Off High School Football Racism Controversy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Its not racist its sexist! That very saying excludes women. What, no women on the football team? If they really want to get mad about something....

Seriously though, maybe we people of the interwebz should be offended by them using an internet meme outside of the internet. Ok, maybe not so serious.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
its just people being extremely oversensitive. there is nothing racist about that sign. and it reminds me of that hallmark card that had the NAACP all up in arms because they thought the card sounded like it said something other than "black holes". it seems like an attention grab at times.

heres a link about the hallmark card, if anyone hasn't heard about that, it was a while ago. same sort of deal, people that are over reacting. www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
MLK would sure be happy. He hoped for a day where racism was no more.

That day, apparently, has come. How do I know this to be true? Because if the NAACP is even remotely interested in getting involved in this, then there MUST not be ANY true racism ANYWHERE on the planet.

This is beyond stupid. The NAACP is really embarrassing itself. Wouldn't be the first time though, I'm glad someone else brought up their ridiculous hissy fit about the "black hole" Hallmark card. These two things make it seem like the NAACP is completely ignorant of both the internet (memes) and science (derp derp wots a black hole?)

The NAACP claims to represent black people. Well, if that's the case, I'd really hope that the black people of the loosing football team would stand up and say "NAACP, please shut your big mouth, this isn't racist, there is nothing race related here at all, except for the fact YOU try to inject racial tension into everything. You are making yourself, and us as a people, look bad because of it. Sit down, shut up, and go do something important"

Jeez, these are highschool age kids. I'm sure the vast majority of people on both teams know EXACTLY what "U mad bro?" is all about. If they don't, how about they do a little research before they look like idiots.

And since when did "bro" become a black thing? I don't think I've ever heard a black person say bro. Bro is about as white as saying dude. Furr reelz yall.

This type of thing really doesn't surprise me at all, but annoy me it sure does.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join