It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a physiological explanation for the Kundalini Awakening?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The other day, I was meditating, and suddenly, only about a minute into the meditation, I felt like I got shocked with 120 Volts of electricity, only it was like the opposite of getting shocked because instead of feeling pain, I felt 120 Volts of pleasure. My inner vision began to illuminate slightly.

Then, that night, I was sleeping, and I woke up in my bed and heard my thoughts say, "God. Angel." and I began to float off of my bed towards the ceiling. I thought I was being abducted by aliens. Then I actually woke up. There was an electrifying feeling associated with that as well, although it wasn't as pleasant as the other one, it kind of felt weird. It didn't hurt, it was just weird feeling.

Then, last night, I woke up from sleep and I felt about 240 Volts of pleasurable electricity vibrating every nerve ending in my body, especailly intense in my chest and head region, and accompanying that was my thoughts saying "Jesus". So I thought I was in the presence of Jesus. I had this affimration in my mind that Jesus was real and that it was really him there.

I was just wondering if there is a physiological explanation for this seemingly spiritual event. Perhaps when my brain felt the feeling, all it could think of to call it was spiritual, and thats why I heard the words Jesus, angel, and God. Or perhaps it was actually Jesus, an angel, and God letting me know it was them.

Is there anyone out there that has an answer for this? Is there anyone out there that has had a similar experience?

edit on 6-9-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Chemically, yoga has been described as oxidizing the red blood cells in the body which is responsible for the added vigor. This was described by Yogananda in "Autobiography of a Yogi."

The Kundalini is the serpent energy, it usually lies dormant in most people but can be awakened through meditation and yoga. Physiologically the stored energy is mental stress and anxiety that builds up in the lower spine.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I had an experience like that some days ago but less weird.
Lately when i'm trying to sleep i feel some similar shocks but only in one arm or leg....
The other day i heard the word "God" with a really dark and deep male voice... in english! yet i'm french, weird right?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Yes, there is. You are essentially turning your body into a 'Bliss Pump'

This guy is my favorite teacher of Kundalini yoga and he has Open Sourced the whole process.

www.aypsite.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
While meditating one can lose oneself, my own personal experience has been similar, like an overwhelming energy that comes from the centre of the earth up through my body and builds to an unbearable but hugely pleasurable release that exits from my chest (heart) upwards out of mouth (sometimes very audibly) and shoots into the empty universe above. The channeling, build up and release of energy is orgasmically powerful (not in a sexual way) but it seems to push my body to its physical limits and brings great calmness and peace.
I think you are experiencing the same opening to wider things.
You experience Jesus because of your cultural background, had you been born elsewhere you would put a different name on your personification of the experience. You have touched something outside of your human self, be open minded and allow yourself to experience this phenomenon, which is yourself growing spiritually.
Enjoy, and welcome to a wider universe.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If it was a very personal feeling I'd listen. If you felt not just other-worldly Love, but a very, very cool, loving, and specific Individual, then you're not the only one and I predict more and more folk are gonna come face to face with Him.

An amazing thing, I wish it for everyone. I didn't deserve my recent "glimpse" it was a no strings attached gift to a selfish and drowning man.

What we do with it is up to us. I'm trying to love more. Hope I manage it. It all remains theory and a blind bumble in the dark until we come face to face with the one that loved us first. Mind blowing.

You were given the clues: God, Angels, and Jesus. Google would do, but a Bible might be quicker. Good luck.
edit on 6-9-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Awesome! I didn't know anyone else on ATS read Yogani's stuff.

I just recently found his writings and have been practicing the daily meditation / spinal breathing. Really great stuff!

May I ask how long you have been practicing? I haven't even been doing it very long, and already have benefited greatly

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The kundalini awakening takes years some times a live long achievement and some never really awaken at all or all of it.

I had done mediation for years, I am now doing acupuncture and what you describe I just have an episode in my last session.

I actually said aloud "wow" it was that intense but lasted only two seconds.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I have achieved some amazing states in Bikrim, or hot yoga. It is so intense you mind completely dumps any earthly ties and worries and concentrates and surviving through the poses. After one session I had the feeling of a puruple expanding explosion (not painful) in the middle forehead or third eye. Nothing else happened apart from this vision, but it was amazing. I am not sure I want my Kundalini to rise -

Interesting what you and others have shared on this thread, thanks OP.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ddaniel

Hey, ddaniel.

I am not doing it; my thing is Qigong.

But back in the day I used to pursue Kundalini yoga. I found Yogani after the fact. As you may know, K-yoga and it's access in America was pretty limited and fragmented until Yogani came along. At least from where I was standing it was. Anyhow, I personally stopped with the K-yoga because all I ever seemed to be able to get ahold of in terms of teachers and practice was enough to get myself in to trouble. I could not find anyone with a system and I don't consider the K-yoga taught by the Sikhs in America to be a path I ever wanted to go down.

By the time Yogani rolled around I had had enough experiences seeking to realize what Yogani had done, but was far enough along with my Qigong to be satisfied and you don't want to mix the two. Even Qigong practitioners shouldn't mix one teacher's methods with another's. Again, the idea is to find a system.
It is a great gift to mankind, what Yogani has done, and I hope that any interested parties will click the link in my post above; especially if you would like to get this kind of work done without blowing your head off in the process.

I will say that I have experimented with Yogani's meditation (how could I resist). It is the single most powerful practice of its kind that I have experienced. Go get 'em Kundalini Cowboys!
edit on 6-9-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xXeiSs

GOD is a phonetically powerful word, like OM, it transcends the language it is spelled in.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

What is so great about yoga? I've never really believed in the power of yoga, nor have I really understood it. What experiences have any of you had with yoga? Are they legit? How similar is what you get out of yoga to what you get out of meditation?

I try to meditate daily, and have found it to be very calming for the mind. This clarity of mind improves my functionability in my daily activities whether mental of physical. Not only that, but during meditation, I feel a profound sense of inner peace and I feel a phenomenal sense of expansiveness and sometime interconnectedness. Is yoga anything like that?

What does yoga have to offer that meditation doesn't?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnowledgeIsPowre
reply to post by xXeiSs

GOD is a phonetically powerful word, like OM, it transcends the language it is spelled in.

In my opinion, it is only as powerful as religious institutions have designated it to be. The mental imagery associated with the words is where the true power lies.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Heya, smithjustinb.

Have you ever heard of Patanjali? He talked about 'eight limbs' of Yoga.

1. Yama : Universal morality
2. Niyama : Personal observances
3. Asanas : Body postures
4. Pranayama : Breathing exercises, and control of prana
5. Pratyahara : Control of the senses
6. Dharana : Concentration and cultivating inner perceptual awareness
7. Dhyana : Devotion, Meditation on the Divine
8. Samadhi : Union with the Divine

6 an 7 are commonly thought of as meditation practices. In Kundalini Yoga the idea is to do more than one of these things at a time, commonly called Kriyas, or to do them in a sequential practice; thus producing the quality or qualities in ones body that I referred to as a 'Bliss Pump'.

Meditation is just one aspect of Yoga just as Asanas, or postures, are only one aspect of Yoga; in fact Yogani pretty much brushes the Asanas to the corner, he gives them the respect they are due but does not make them the primary practice of his system. Just so I am clear; only one Asana in Yogani's system and it is a seated posture for meditation, pranayam and other practices. It is not the 'pretzel' yoga most people think of when they think of Yoga.

There are all sorts of different yogas, Hatha Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Raja Yoga, all have different sets of practices.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Thank you so very, very much!!! I used to follow this, untill I stopped and eventually lost the website. I've been trying to find it for ages ever since. So again, thanks!

I don't have much to say on topic, besides trying to get kundalini to rise myself. A few years ago i started to have a lot of vibrational feelings in my legs, and if I remember right, people say this is one of the symptoms. That stopped months ago though and now I'm having a lot of problems with my neck, and considering kundalini rises through the spine I'm not sure if I should pursue it right now...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Here is a website I find extremely helpful.

The Biology of Kundalini by Jana Dixon

There is an absolute wealth of free information on there, including chapters on the Physiology of Kundalini.

Just a tiny, weeny snippet:

Inner-Conjunction
During acutely active kundalini it feels like there is white light flowing inside the body and illuminating the world--a pervading sense of white even though one cannot actually see it as white--it's like we see white with our whole body. This sense of whiteness may be due to a general increase in nerve action potential and the increased ionization of cerebrospinal fluid. Then the energy collects and nitric oxide permeates through to the central channel of the spinal column creating the principle charge itself.

reply to post by marg6043

The kundalini awakening takes years some times a live long achievement and some never really awaken at all or all of it.

Or it can happen totally spontaneously to one who has never even heard of such a thing before. Or so I'm led to believe.

edit on 6/9/2011 by Netties Hermit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit

Here is a website I find extremely helpful.

The Biology of Kundalini by Jana Dixon

There is an absolute wealth of free information on there, including chapters on the Physiology of Kundalini.

Just a tiny, weeny snippet:

Inner-Conjunction
During acutely active kundalini it feels like there is white light flowing inside the body and illuminating the world--a pervading sense of white even though one cannot actually see it as white--it's like we see white with our whole body. This sense of whiteness may be due to a general increase in nerve action potential and the increased ionization of cerebrospinal fluid. Then the energy collects and nitric oxide permeates through to the central channel of the spinal column creating the principle charge itself.

Thank you for this. I'll check out the website when I have some more time.

reply to post by marg6043

Or it can happen totally spontaneously to one who has never even heard of such a thing before. Or so I'm led to believe.

edit on 6/9/2011 by Netties Hermit because: (no reason given)

Yeah. My first time experiencing it happened only about a week into my first ever meditations.
edit on 7-9-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Yeah I have woken up in this state a few times. They all started this year but I have no idea why or what the actual trigger is. As you say, and intense electrical feel to it, very ecstatic, followed by the slow lifting up into the air. I can't physically see anything when this is happening and I keep trying to remind myself to try and look around the next times it happens, but for some reason I am almost too relaxed to think. Strange. But I have been trying to find out what the actual floating experience is supposed to mean. But I have also woken up in this state, then felt something start touching my back and realising that I'm slowly lowering back onto the bed. The whole reason I joined ATS was to reply to a thread I saw while researching this experience.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
During meditation you can achieve levels of enlightement and relaxation, I have some and they are from floating to energies and out of body experiences.

But the Kundalini is a different thing, it doesn't happen overnight, its a long time learning experience, because it has become so popular now and the propaganda to make money out of it on line teaching, videos and books, they are selling a false idea that you can achieve kundalini awakening overnight.

But if you are experienced in meditation you will know that more often than not the feelings you are having are more of the mind than the spirit.

Yes everybody have the capability to feel the benefits and wonders of meditation, but do not confuse what you are feeling with the real kundalini experience even long time experts that are not trying to make money out of some CDs of training will tell you that is not one day learning but a life long one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join