It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: The 9/11 Interview... Screw-Up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Kinda pressed for time, so just the one for now..

How would the average soldier know who Osama was?

Well, in 2001, I was that "average" soldier (Naval Reserve at the time actually) and I knew who Osama was. The idea that no one knew who Osama was prior to 9/11 is nuts.....especially for someone who was in the military and paying attention in the mid to late nineties.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
Let me get this straight, on the day of the worst terrorist attack in history, the President of the United States tells a pimply faced Airman (who probably didn't expect to be driving POTUS when he woke up that day) to slow down because a well-known terrorist group isn't on the flight line.....then when he is with his advisors, he asks them, who did it.....THAT is proof he is lying about something??????

Seriously?

Terrorist group? Well known? You must be talking about the afghan mercs hired by the CIA to fight the russians. If they are terrorists, the CIA trained them.

Did you even read the lines you posted?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596

with nobody

i rarely enter the 9-11 forums, i rarely comment on the 9-11 forums.

but sometimes there´s an attracting thread title, like this one and possibly some new information for me

i don´t feel the need to discuss this anymore, i´ve made up my mind so have you.

after 10 years of not convincing each other... it will not happen in the foreseeable future..

like i said, it´s like smashing your head against a wall.

i respect other people´s opinion on 9-11, i hope i get the same in return.

but i just don´t feel the need to discuss this anymore...

hope you see what i mean
edit on 6-9-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

reply to post by FoosM

Well, in 2001, I was that "average" soldier (Naval Reserve at the time actually) and I knew who Osama was. The idea that no one knew who Osama was prior to 9/11 is nuts.....especially for someone who was in the military and paying attention in the mid to late nineties.

No, I asked Al Qaeda.
Im well aware that Osama could have been generally known.
But Al Qaeda was a different matter.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Saltarello

The CIA was working with Afghani nationals. Osama was supporting the non-Afghani Arabs that flocked to Afghanistan to fight the Soviet "infidels".

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I saw the interview. That struck me too when he said that to the driver. But is this proof? Absolutely not. This is 10 years after it happened, I'm sure he said something along the lines of "Slow down, the terrorists are not here" or something similar. 10 years ago, would you remember the exact words of your conversation you had?

But there was something too else that seemed weird in the interview when I watched it. Someone got the transcript of the show? I don't feel like watching it again and I watched it before I went to bed and I forgot it in the morning. All I know the sentence had the word "Finally" in it and towards the middle-end.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

The reporter asks: "How could Bush see, what he said he saw?"

Get off of it! How would he know if he saw the first or second plane. He said he 'saw a plane hit the tower'. Could he have meant he 'saw that a plane HAD hit the tower'? How do you know he didn't actually see the second in action, and didn't see enough to know that a first had already crashed? We're you there? Do you know what he was paying attention to at that moment? Right off the bat, that is an extremely weak argument with frail evidence! However, the commentator makes you think... 'Wait a minute' this doesn't make sense. At this point, a weak mind is overcome by emotion and irrational thinking, and believes it. I see this tactic used in every single 9/11 conspiracy documentary, providing minuscule, if any, supporting evidence (and i mean REAL evidence, not fantastical, radical theories).

Bush describes the scene as a combat zone. Why? I have no idea, what did he expect to see on an air-force base?

Do you remember that day? All air traffic was grounded. The military is scrambling. Think of the weight and confusion of the situation. The public streets were awry. You have to believe that any military base would be operating under greater than normal conditions... Especially the one which the President is flying into! Once again, were you there? Once again, weak argument imploring irrational emotions to setup an argument rather than pertinent facts.

Maybe he shouldn't of been AWOL back in the day.

Are you ignorant enough to think that this was his choice?

And this kid is driving, him, the President, at like 100 mph. Really? Finally Bush tells the kid, "Slow down, Al Quaeda is not here" (Bush smiles as he has just told a joke)

Bush goes into a bunker, connects with all his departments as says at 9:09: ""My question was, "who did it?"" Wait... what? Rewind! "Slow down, Al Quaeda is not here" Bush then goes to say, at 9:24 of the video, that HIS first indication that it could have been Al Qaeda was during his National Security meeting at Offutt AFB. I ask: How could Bush know, what he said he knew?

Al Qaeda was not discovered on this day. Every country knew that they were terrorists. As a matter of fact, it was known that they were the most likely culprits in large scale terrorist attacks. Terrorist Attacks in US by Islamists

Yes, I dont believe that this person would be driving at such speeds, especially with the President in the back seat. Thats the problem with this "joke" the president said he told. Which Im wondering if it actually happened or he said it to spice up the story for the documentary. 1. The fact that they were speeding. 2. The fact that the President wasn't alone in the vehicle and that nobody else made a comment about the speed, "Like slow down, your driving the President" 3. The president described the trip as "bouncing along" as if he was on a dirt road. 4. The fact that the President was aware that the possibility of the attack being Al Qaeda came later in the day. 5. The fact that the President, if he suspected Osama Bin Laden, didnt just say Osama Bin Laden to the driver. 5. How the hell would the average soldier know who or what Al Qaeda was back in 2001? 6. What impression gave anyone, President included, at that time it was an attack by foreigners and not domestic persons?

I cannot believe you are trying to make an argument out of this! Dont you realize that the only reason for recalling that for the record was to offer perspective. "That's about as a humorous of a moment as the day had".

Only the weak minded would find any merit in the claims provided here!
edit on 6-9-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I dunno, for me.... more proof Bush was a puppet.

Good Thread OP!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

I saw that too! LOL I pointed it out to my wife as we watched the program. Funny how little things like this pop up unexpectedly.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

Originally posted by TomServo
Get off of it! How would he know if he saw the first or second plane. He said he 'saw a plane hit the tower'. Could he have meant he 'saw that a plane HAD hit the tower'?

What he actually said was that he was watching the television before he went into the classroom and saw the first plane hit the tower, thinking to himself "That is one terrible pilot, what a tragedy" (or something along those lines).

However, it would have been impossible for him to have seen the first plane hit the tower on television that day because the footage of it wasn't released until the day after.

By the way, nice avatar

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

No, I don't think it is OK for a President to joke about this subject matter. But that is a far cry from saying this implicates Bush in a 9/11 cover-up. At best, your title should read:

Bush, caught making an inappropriate comment.

And if you look through his eight years in office, you'll find thousands of gaffes.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilowl53
I dunno, for me.... more proof Bush was a puppet.

Good Thread OP!

This - Absolutely!

The fact is that moron Bush can't keep his story straight - even when the interviewer is trying to make him look good - this is the whole reason Bush was not ALLOWED to testify even to the fixed partial 9/11 Comission - without Cheney holding his hand.

You have to be f'ing blind to not realize there is something wrong with that picture!

(and to not also thus understand - that clearly the President of the Shadow Government - Cheney - was FAR more powerful at that time then the President of the "Free World" - his puppet - G.W.Bush)

edit on 6-9-2011 by TruthMagnet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

"Slow down, Al Quaeda is not here"

I watched it too and laughed when he said that because earlier he had stated he didn't know who was doing this at that time, then he states to the kid going 100 MPH "Slow down, Al Quaeda is not here"... hmmm, if he didn't know then how could he tell the kid it wasn't someone he wasnt even aware of... BUSH is such an IDIOT I can't believe he was even our president!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
I saw the interview. That struck me too when he said that to the driver. But is this proof? Absolutely not. This is 10 years after it happened, I'm sure he said something along the lines of "Slow down, the terrorists are not here" or something similar. 10 years ago, would you remember the exact words of your conversation you had?

Would you agree with me that this was a staged interview?
That it was scripted? That advisors consulted with Bush on what to say?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

reply to post by FoosM

Well, in 2001, I was that "average" soldier (Naval Reserve at the time actually)

Actually sir you were the average seaman, since you were in the naval reserves at the time. I was the average soldier because I was watching the whole thing on live on TV at 2300hrs or so in S Korea, at camp nimble, US Army base. So my question is this, if you can't represent your supposed credentials accurately, why should we believe you are nothing more that a OS stooge at best, and at the worst you are a paid disinfo agent (based on the fact you have only posted in 2 other forums since youve been on ats, and allllllll your other ones are in the 9/11 forum.) Either way....anything you say should be considered suspect if you can't accurately reflect your own background.
edit on 6-9-2011 by itbenickp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

No, I would not agree with you on that.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

But there was something too else that seemed weird in the interview when I watched it. Someone got the transcript of the show? I don't feel like watching it again and I watched it before I went to bed and I forgot it in the morning. All I know the sentence had the word "Finally" in it and towards the middle-end.

Do you mean when Bush found out that there was a F16 with the wrong transponder on, and they thought it was the FINAL plane coming to hit the white house?
Thats basically starts from the beginning of the video:

So an F16 was flying with the wrong transponder signal on....
And there was supposed to be a final plane?
WTF.

It makes me think of this documentary about the Pentagon attack-
The Pentagon Witnesses:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

reply to post by FoosM

No, I would not agree with you on that.

So its your assertion that Bush conducted this interview without any prior preparation, off-the-cuff, and therefore was recalling the events on the spot?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

I looked at it, that wasn't it. I will have to watch the video again soon and I will surely get back to you on what it was.

Scripted to the exact words? No. But I'm sure he ran things through his head on how to answer questions that are asked, it would be foolish if he didn't.

Edit:

Actaully YES that was it, I had to reread it again. It's not really whistleblowing, but it is just weird that he said the system thought it was the final plane. Like there couldn't be more, etc.

edit on 6-9-2011 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Actaully YES that was it, I had to reread it again. It's not really whistleblowing, but it is just weird that he said the system thought it was the final plane. Like there couldn't be more, etc.

I would like to know how an F16 can have the wrong transponder? How does that work?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join