It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful, Disturbing Short Film Set In Near-Future Tokyo - Please Spread!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
All I can say is.....wow. Please share this with others, hopefully this global tragedy will not be kept in the closet any longer.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This is a PR production.

I don't see how it represents reality.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
What's the video about ?

I'm asking on behalf of those other members who, like me, live in rural areas with poor internet connections.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoubtingThomas1
What's the video about ?

I'm asking on behalf of those other members who, like me, live in rural areas with poor internet connections.

People walking around with gas masks and a little girl that looks like she had surgery on her neck. Very nice camera lighting. A bit melodramatic.

Boncho gives it 3 out of 5 stars.

edit on 5-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It's a short-video, Twilight Zone type premise about a possible future should the world continue to rely on nuclear energy. It is disturbing, meant to make the viewer question the safety of and logic of continuing to use/rely on such a power source and the effect it may have on future generations...

ETA: Good imagery.

edit on 5-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Much better representation.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It's dramatic, exaggerated and totally biased, but well played.

S+F

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
It's a short-video, Twilight Zone type premise about a possible future should the world continue to rely on nuclear energy. It is disturbing, meant to make the viewer question the safety of and logic of continuing to use/rely on such a power source and the effect it may have on future generations...

edit on 5-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the excellent summary LS, that is spot on!

Did you catch the subtle imagery in the subway at 1:25? A reference to the Japanese gov's attempts to keep people from talking openly about the severity of what is happening all around them. "Keep your eyes closed, keep your mouth shut, nothing to see here, move along". So sad that they are, at least for now, getting away with it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
As tragic as such things are, if you don't want iradiated thyroids, all you have to do is overdose on uncontaminated Iodine. The excess flushses out your system, and you won't have a buildup of radioactive isotopes in your thyroid.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Really now you don't maybe look a little deeper into it to me says the children and the people in general are having their voices taken or in other words not being heard and sadly the children who have become orphans after the tsunami i wonder what happens to them and do they have a say in things its very sad and daunting situation over there.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

His future little girl will have thyroid cancer.

At least that is the message I get. But its all good because now the scars in modern medicine hardly show at all. (sarcasm)

top topics

join