It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Adoption have an effect on Reincarnation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is something I've thought about lately. I was adopted as an infant, and have spent my life with the family which has adopted me, along with two other siblings, also adopted. I believe in reincarnation, and that our souls go through an almost infinite number of lifetimes. I also tend to believe, that before we are reincarnated during our present lifetime,we have a purpose, or task to complete, or attempt to achieve, during our time here.

So, my question is, can being adopted in the first week of your life, change, and essentially screw up your life plan, or more specifically, the plan which was put together before appearing on this earth at present? Now, if you don't believe in reincarnation, this thread probably won't mean a whole lot to you. But if you do believe in reincarnation, and that each lifetime has a purpose, how would adoption effect that?

One constant, between myself, and my siblings, all of whom are adopted, is that we feel somewhat lost, and disconnected. We talk openly about it, and about the fact we have always felt somewhat like we don't belong, or are lost souls. Yet, I've never come across this with someone who isn't, or hasn't been adopted. Is there anyone else who is adopted, who also feels this pattern of feeling lost? It's as if the chemistry many families have, is missing from ours, and always has, even though I grew up in a loving household.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, as I know many on ATS either believe in reincarnation, or are interested in it. I have yet to read a comment on ATS on how adoption, especially very early in life, might have an effect on reincarnation.
edit on 5-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'll give my two cents here.

Maybe being adopted makes things better in a way. Wonder if this puts you on a better path? Wonder if you weren't adopted and turned out worst. Honestly, there's a reason for everything.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Interesting post. I was adopted as a six week old baby and have always had that feeling of otherness and it has actually made me very independent of mind and resourceful. I had a happy childhood and was aware of my adopted status from a very early age. I suppose I was always a bit of a loner in my childhood and preferred to ramble in total freedom in the countryside which gave me a love for nature and a spiritual side to my own nature. My life has been far from idyllic and it has taken many years, hardships and mistakes to become who I am.

As far as reincarnation goes I think that you may be mistaking it for destiny. I believe that we are able to learn through our lifetime and that our 'soul' for want of a better word takes what it can learn from the myriad of experiences that this roulette wheel of life throws us. Life has a habit of constantly changing around us.

Two people who grow up in identical circumstances will not Imho view the world or their lives the same. Life is constantly evolving and we are constantly adapting to each new experience, what we take from each one determines our present selves and not some predetermined life syllabus that we must live through and learn from.
If the feelings of isolation or otherness you experience are strong use them, and see them as forging a stronger and more independent minded you.

edit on 5-9-2011 by HumansEh because: spelling (as usual)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Considering the reincarnation would happen prior to adoption I don't think it would be a factor. With the same logic I can ask similar questions regarding abortion and reincarnation/the soul.

Question: Do you mean before birth you/God/fate 'choose' your family?

At any rate, I would imagine you are here to have the experiences you need to have to grow spiritually. This includes positive and negative events. In my experience, the most down to earth people I have met have been through some really hard times. Conversely, the more shallow seem to have had an easier ride. Generally speaking, of course.

edit on 5-9-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
Considering the reincarnation would happen prior to adoption I don't think it would be a factor. With the same logic I can ask similar questions regarding abortion and reincarnation/the soul.

Question: Do you mean before birth you/God/fate 'choose' your family?

At any rate, I would imagine you are here to have the experiences you need to have to grow spiritually. This includes positive and negative events. In my experience, the most down to earth people I have met have been through some really hard times. Conversely, the more shallow seem to have had an easier ride. Generally speaking, of course.

edit on 5-9-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

Yes, the question pertains more to "if" we pick our family before hand, and therefor our path through life is somewhat "pre-planned". I'm not sure that is what happens. Some have speculated that we do in fact pick our families before we are born. If that is a possibility, would early life adoption effect that?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
I also tend to believe, that before we are reincarnated during our present lifetime,we have a purpose, or task to complete, or attempt to achieve, during our time here.

So, my question is, can being adopted in the first week of your life, change, and essentially screw up your life plan, or more specifically, the plan which was put together before appearing on this earth at present? ]

Why can't adoption be part of the life 'plan'? If reincarnation does exist and you were given a choice before birth, couldn't you chose to experience life as an adopted person. I can see where your coming from with this thread but in my opinion adoption doesn't have to 'change' or 'screw up' the life plan as you put it.

Best wishes t.g
edit on 5-9-2011 by Taffygirl because: grammar, sorry.

edit on 5-9-2011 by Taffygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taffygirl

I also tend to believe, that before we are reincarnated during our present lifetime,we have a purpose, or task to complete, or attempt to achieve, during our time here.

So, my question is, can being adopted in the first week of your life, change, and essentially screw up your life plan, or more specifically, the plan which was put together before appearing on this earth at present? ]

Why can't adoption be part of the life 'plan'? If reincarnation does exist and you were given a choice before birth, couldn't you chose to experience life as an adopted person. I can see where your coming from with this thread but in my opinion adoption doesn't have to 'change' or 'screw up' the life plan as you put it.

edit on 5-9-2011 by Taffygirl because: grammar, sorry.

It can, I'm just looking for opinions. Obviously, this is more speculation. Don't think anyone knows for certain. Also, I'm simply pointing out, the "lost' or "disconnected" feeling is often experienced by adopted children later in life. Just wanted to discuss it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Yes, the question pertains more to "if" we pick our family before hand, and therefor our path through life is somewhat "pre-planned". I'm not sure that is what happens. Some have speculated that we do in fact pick our families before we are born. If that is a possibility, would early life adoption effect that?

If we do pick our families beforehand, then it would stand to reason that you picked a situation where you would most likely be adopted out. If the general plan for us is that we learn how to love and progress in it, and we each develop our unique way of getting there, then wouldn't an adoptive family provide you with the perfect environment for you to learn how to love more, despite the feeling of not truly belonging?

The feeling of belonging is a form of attachment, yet from all I've gleaned from sacred writings, true love involves detachment, overcoming a dependable base of security to achieve higher development. Make sense?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I don't think we pick our families or which body we're going to reside in. Given free reign, I sure as hell wouldn't have picked being a bipolar single mother's bipolar child growing up in abject poverty. It has yielded a lonesome, broken life of many agonies and much suffering. And it could still have been worse. Knowing what I did in my most recent pastlife, I wonder sometimes if this life isn't designed to teach me a lesson or seventy about being a bastard, if it's not in some ways like purgatory. It often seems like it is.

You're sent where you're sent, for reasons outside of your control. You were sent to live with an adoptive family for a reason. Who or whatever routes beings into their mortal shells knew that you would be adopted in your first week of life, and probably by who, and put you there intentionally.

Your feelings of disconnect probably stem from a lot of different factors. What little we do know of what goes on inside an infant's developing mind is that he or she does bond very quickly with his or her mother, within that first week of life. It is an important developmental stage and jacking with it does have consequences. Simply knowing that you're adopted as well, and from a young age, does a thing or two to your mind. However, those very factors could be crucial in whatever you're supposed to get out of this life.

All of the big things, and hell, maybe even all of the little things, happen for a reason. You were adopted for a reason. You have had the experiences in your life that you've had for a reason. You may figure it out somewhere along the line, or you may only know when this life is done. There is no telling otherwise.

Edit to add: My mother was adopted, and I've talked to her a lot about what it was like... she didn't know until she was thirty-five years old, and even though she never got along with her parents (budding hippie in a Roman Catholic family...) she still felt that they were her parents. It was a shock to her that she was adopted.
edit on 6-9-2011 by nithaiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I was told early in life that I was adopted. The chemistry feels off from time to time, and there is a certain disconnect that is forever present. I still feel like I don't 'fit' into my family. I'm uncertain if these feelings arise because of the fact I know that I'm adopted. If I had not been told by my parents that they adopted me, would I still feel misplaced? It's also difficult to say wether or not a life path disruption is to blame for these feelings.

OP..best of luck to you ....I understand
edit on 6-9-2011 by skindoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

You can only be affected by things that you grant that power to.

If you want to attribute your sense of being "lost" to the fact of being adopted, I suppose you could. But I think there are plenty of people who grew up with their natural parents who also feel that way.

Consider what the feeling of being lost consists of. If you started out feeling not lost, what would have to change to make you feel lost?

1) You could find yourself in an unfamiliar place, and be unable to remember how you got there.
2) The map you are following could be incorrect, or incomplete.
3) Someone could be doing something to make you feel lost, and if they stopped, you'd know exactly where you were.

The common theme here is memory and your access to it. If you call all the lifetimes you have lived your "whole track," then I think it would be fairly obvious that our "whole track" memory has been tampered with. How many people do you know who remember with certainty who they were and where they were in just their last lifetime? I only know one personally. And a few others from stories. Not very many.

Yet if reincarnation is basically true (it is), then we should all have those memories available to us somewhere in our minds. They are. Why can't we remember? Because we were forced to forget. My only proof: Some remember naturally, and others can be coaxed to remember by various methods. Many of such memories have been verified. Real scientists have researched this stuff!

Some have even been able to remember the attempts to force them to forget. It can be as simple as a post-hypnotic suggestion. Or something as bizarre as an implant.

There are more mundane explanations for that lost feeling. But they don't interest me so much. Whole track amnesia is an obvious fact, and whole-track recall is the obvious solution. All others would be half-measures.

Try Googling "whole track recall." I cannot vouch for all the links you will find listed. But you will get an idea of how important it is to some people.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
As an answer to your question: no, I believe adoption does not affect reincarnation.

The core essence of what many spiritual very wise people have said is that the soul plans during the time it is not incarnated here on earth it's next lifetime very precise. At this level 'behind the scenes' your soul will make agreements with other souls and plan all the major events in your life. Time is not existent on this level, so the soul will find the right parents and the appropriate lifetime here on earth, for the best experience and to allow you to 'learn your lessons'. So what that means is that your soul probably knew for sure that your biological parents would make the decision to give you up for adoption and therefore already found a fitting family that would adopt you and offer you the experiences you needed.

Please don't think that just because you are adopted your whole life plan is screwed up; you are not a 'lost soul', you are at the right place at the right time!

You mention that you grew up in a loving household. Imagine what kind of person you would have become if you had grown up with your biological parents, maybe they would have been horrible or violent parents.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Hello! I have been thinking about this topic lately, because I am pregnant and considering an open adoption, as I am not prepared to raise a child, nor have i ever desired a traditional family....When I see the loving families who want to adopt, and the resources and abundant love they have to give, it inspires me to consider this. I have been thinking about the spirit that will be incarnating, and contemplating my role as simply providing a body for this spirit to dwell in, whether or not the spirit is a being that I have past ties to....So far, i've read from those who are in touch with the spirit realm, that the process of 'coming into the body' can happen anywhere from conception, to a few days after birth. Given that these beings between lives can perceive far beyond what we can, it is safe to assume that they are aware of the possibility of adoption, if that is the mothers decision, long before ever entering the body. If the adoptive family is known to the spirit, perhaps a spirit with ties to the adoptive family will be the one drawn to the mother to incarnate, rather than one connected to the birth mother. Perhaps they will delay entering the body until a firm trajectory can be observed. I think it is very likely that in your case, you may be a wanderer, a being from another evolution, or of a higher density. Your sense of feeling out of place may be a result of that, but since you HAVE been adopted, perhaps you attribute those sensations of being out of place, with the adoption instead of the fact that you are spiritually different than many humans such as the family that raised you. I know many people who were not adopted who feel disconnected in the same way from their families, who feel different and out of place. Do you know your birth parents? If you do/did, do you think that awareness would give you more clarity in regards to your genetic origins, hence make you feel a greater sense of belonging? This topic is interesting and I am glad that others are thinking about it!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Have you ever considered that feeling "lost" could have been part of your life's pre-birth plans? I'm drawing the parallel of your situation to those who were born in the wrong bodies. Yeah, some of us feel that way sometimes
, but I really mean those who were born as the opposite sex. They must go through unimaginable conflicted sense of being, but eventually find their true selves.
It seems you're on the right path that you are aware and address your "lost" feelings. I hope you will eventually find and discover your own self too. Do post a follow-up when you do!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
You cannot choose your past lives, there is no plan, we are just colliding in an infinite chaos.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Mystic Pearl's Questioning the Adoption Mistake in Reincarnation, which is not the adopted child's choice, but the free will of the parent, thus screwing up the individual soul's incarnation plan. The choice of being born to a parent is made by the soul and cemented in permanence at 3 month fetus. Circumstances, child trafficking , the mother's bad choices and the disreputable greed based actions made by others dishonorable behavior of free will disrupt this plan and ruin the potential of the chosen path.

The Lame Unified Replies are a common Psychological Bondage of Adoptees. People who are ignorant of the Adoptee's plight, Deny the Adoptee's Plight, or the general public in favor of the child trafficking called Adoption maintain a Status-Quote of uneducated perspectives in judgments due to the fact that they are undamaged by adoption.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
If anything, maybe being adopted sets you free enough to follow an independent path.

Maybe that is what you are being reborn for ?

Ever think about that you no good blood related fools. You with your self entitled "parental trait"s and "breastfeeding" .

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Also a question for the OP.

If incarnation is part of a plan, but most adoptions are a results of a mistake pregnancy. How do you reconcile those two opposite ideas.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I would say that you chose something like adoption before you incarnated, or perhaps your hands were tied due to karma and it was chosen for you.
There are so many aspects to a question like this.

But who knows right? A question like that. Personally I have found that if you seek you will find.

My advice to you if you want answers to spiritual questions is: study religion, mysticism, occultism.. whatever you want to call it. There are many paths to realization, find one that speaks to you, or study them all if you want to.

Either way I don't think your "life plan" is messed up, maybe the really interesting part is just about to begin?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Feeling lost or disconnected ... I think most people get that feeling.

As for adoption messing up a life plan ... I doubt it. If there is reincarnation and if we do pick our life experiences, then you chose to be adopted in this life and to be in a family that had all adopted siblings.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join