It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant crocodile captured alive in Philippines I grante this isnt any croc lol

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...
over 21 feet . whats even funner I live in north fl and in walcala springs they have a dead alligator that was over 23 FEET and that ant no croc eather .
Ps they been around even before the dionos were here and back in them there days alligators got over 43 feet and crocks got over 55 feet .
AND theres NOTHING stoping these animals from getting taht big NOW all it needs is enough room and lots of food and it will grow well for 150- 300 years
edit on 5-9-2011 by xxcalbier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

They lack the gene that causes aging, thus they just keep getting bigger and bigger until they are too big to feed themselves and die. This is not some scientific mystery or a throwback to the age of the dinosaurs...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I live in central Fl and used to live in Woodville and have seen that gator you spoke of, it is huge. I also spend a lot of my time diving the rivers of central and north Fl for artifacts and fossils and I can tell you that there are certainly some gators still alive in the swamps here that are very close to that 21' length.

I was diving the Aucilla river several years ago near Goose Pasture and was in an 18' boat and saw one that was as long as our boat. They have truly started reaching monsterous proportions over the last several decades with them being on the protected list.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
interesting, is it a gigantism gene?

or a telomerase gene? both, or other factors??

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
interesting, is it a gigantism gene?

or a telomerase gene? both, or other factors??

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
who said any thing about some through back? i was just pointing out they been around a wile and yes theyn grow all there life.
as for the come back of the giant gators here in florida again yes gators take 70 years to hit the 20 foot mark and just under taht back in the 1960ds they were almost goin .
so starting with babys back in 1960 that gator is juts now hitting the 18 or 19 foot range and as time goes on we will once again see gators over even that size

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Not as big as i was expecting it to be but big none the less.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
along with teh pythons that nhave escaped and are now thriving in the glades .
Soon we will have the b science fiction movie of the month as giant gator and giant python square off .
and cause havoc in tampa
lol get taht guy above me 21 + feet doent impress him lol.
bet you would touch that witha 20 foot pole lol
edit on 5-9-2011 by xxcalbier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Why can't they just leave it alone? It can be life threatening yes but just leave it be! Why do we feel the need to kill things? It's like some prized trophy plonked on that board!

Interesting though! The size is shocking!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
did you even read the articial? they did NOT kill it they cought it live and are using it to attract people to a park

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
news.yahoo.com...

Ps they been around even before the dionos were here and back in them there days alligators got over 43 feet and crocks got over 55 feet .
editby]

I have a left side of a gator mandible that I found in the Suwannee River with engravings on it that I took to Prof. Webb, the Archeaology Prof. at UF to show the engravings to. He said that judging from the length of the mandible the gator was around 28-30 foot long and told me that they have fossils bones from gators and crocs that put them well over 30' long as early as 1,000 years ago.

And to think that the paleo-indians hunted them with stone spears and atlatl's. Those were truly some tough people that lived back then.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kostas
Why can't they just leave it alone? It can be life threatening yes but just leave it be! Why do we feel the need to kill things? It's like some prized trophy plonked on that board!
Gators over 8 feet in length choose a territory and return to it even after you relocate them. Reptiles associate you AS food if you feed them--they don't think like mammals. It's not a matter of a trophy, but of human survival. Most gators killed in Florida, for instance, is a case where unless we imprision them for the rest of their life, they'll eat everyone who goes near the water. In Cajun country, it's not for trophies, but because we eat them. Food ain't wasted around here.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

Gators over 8 feet in length choose a territory and return to it even after you relocate them. Reptiles associate you AS food if you feed them--they don't think like mammals. It's not a matter of a trophy, but of human survival. Most gators killed in Florida, for instance, is a case where unless we imprision them for the rest of their life, they'll eat everyone who goes near the water. In Cajun country, it's not for trophies, but because we eat them. Food ain't wasted around here.

You are correct, and most gators even the big ones aren't man eaters unless fed by people. I know because I dive with them on a regular basis and 90% of the time they run like h*ll from a human even the larger ones. I even have some cool videos of me diving with them.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This is a recipe for disaster, now that they have captured it they intend on creating a space so they can charge to show it off. Poor thing will have to suffer knowing its freedom was just across the field!

I bet it rains one night and the walls fail and the darn thing takes revenge!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Interesting though! The size is shocking!

That's what she said...

2nd

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
bet theres a few women moaning at the waste of good handbag material

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Anyone else think about Gustave when they saw that picture?

...estimates that the massive croc measures 20 feet long, weighs one ton, and is 60 years old (wild crocs, on average, live to age 45). Trained herpetologists agree that Gustave could be that large and that he is certainly one of the most infamous man-eaters of all time. But Faye's assertion that Gustave kills for sport—knocking off villager after villager like some killing machine—leaves skeptics clearing their throats.

edit on 5-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Gustav is the king of all crocs
he was once raked with gunfire from an assault
rifle, and survived. He is also believed to have eaten over 200 people which is not so nice

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It happens.

edit on 5-9-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

CHOOT'EM!!!!

CHOOT'EM!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join