It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is for EVERYONE = This is what Every great Teacher/Master of Life has tried to share throughout

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Cannon

Hogwash.

Here's why I say that. This woman's experience is no different than 100 other near death experiences I have read about. Is it real? Does it really mean anything profound? No.. not really.. so it has helped her change her mind about some things in life but that's no big deal. Nothing she experienced was or can be other than that quantified as "real"

She did what other NDE's do. Her brain took some of her knowledge and experiences and projected a since of well being to protect her from the trauma she was experiencing. - Her mind is now rationalizing her experiences besed on past knowledge of her brain studies, but there is no proof in this that her theories on the brain are correct via her experience.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe in human souls and higher forms of consciousness and beings as energy or at least that those things can be personally real to the observer, You, but there is no science in this that proves it is reality. It's all in her head. If she's a better person for it, then that's fine too.

We don't need such profound examples of something like this mixed with unproven science to tell us sometimes we should stop to smell the roses. Sure that's a good thing but the way she mixes science with personal experience and tryes to claim they are one and the same turns me off.

edit on 8-9-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
www.wherecreativitygoestoschool.com...

An interesting test to determine right brain vs left brain creativity. Which one are you ?

I found the op video interesting especially the bit right at the start related to mental illnesses. I would love to know whether there are more incidences of left brained people having specific disorders like the ones mentioned, ie bipoloar, asd etc. Anyone have info/links ?

There is certainly no doubt that the 'egocentric' will view himself/herself as being the centre of the universe and this is most certainly a left brain dominance. More creative characteristics tend to be right sided which is proven so I believe this to be very valid and important research into the understanding of our brains.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by trilogy111

The left brain - right brain nonsense was debunked 30 years ago by the man who proposed the theory to being with. Sperry. After further research he debunked his own bunk. Why it continues to be brought up as real is beyond me.

See Ellenberg, L. & Sperry, R. W. (1980). Lateralized division of attention in the commissurotomized and intact brain. Neuropsychologia, 18, 411-418.

edit on 9/8/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join