It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is for EVERYONE = This is what Every great Teacher/Master of Life has tried to share throughout

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
And it comes from a Scientist who had a Stroke!!! Every Artist has their brush and she just painted a perfect picture...

www.ted.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Why can't people summarize the links they give?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Outstanding my friend- Thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Truly amazing insight, by a clearly wonderful human being. I have never heard of her before, but thanks for posting that, for what it is worth, yes i agree with the title you gave, it is spot on.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Is she describing having a stroke or an acid trip?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Cannon,

That was dynamite! And the best video I've seen in a long time. Thanks for bringing that to ATS. S&F!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

A stroke. But you do not have to get one to be able to advance as she did. In fact it's pretty easy to unlock the door.

Excellent video to finally bring to ATS Cannon

Namaste,

Deckard666

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Wonderful video
What she's describing happenend to me although fortunately without a stroke

Turns out you can be an intelectualist and a loving, compassionate being

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm glad to see a few of you guys enjoyed this video as much as I did.
Sorry to the person/people whom I did not give a long enough summary
but I just thought the video spoke for itself. and I don't know how to embed(if
that is the correct word) the video so that it would show on the thread page.
Anyway, something about it really touched me in some way. Maybe it was
the simplicity in which she described what happened to her kinda like when people
talk about BEING the universe and the interconnectedness of all things in a
"Matrix-ism"/modern approach of language to Spirituality..

Hopefully, this thread gets enough hits or flags or whatever so more people can
see it. I have plenty more I would like to share so if anyone would like to give me a
heads up on how to make a thread look proper(ie embed video/screenshot of vid) I
would be very grateful.. Jason

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
That was a powerfull and moving presentation.

Its too bad she didn't have any insight on how to go about living like that without going through what she did. Its one thing to tell people about something, and another thing to give them the tools to understand it in the proper way.

Like how she said a person can choose to be a separate individual or at one with the universe(or something like that). Telling me that I can be at one with the universe is like telling me to live by my imagination, which can be overactive, but not enthralling enough to base my life on. Or telling me how I can feel the total bliss of an ecstatic vision that verifies the wonderfulness of this life, that would be something.

Don't get me wrong though, I think it's a wonderful thing to witness somebody talking like she does.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

If you have experience talk to us. If you have none and want none be silent and be gone.

Namaste,

Deckard666

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
As an expert in neural anatomy, she was eloquent and persuasive. But that background gives here a very strong bias! She described in her talk experiences that I would interpret as going exterior. She also described the integrated ("right brain") approach to life and the individualistic ("left brain") approach to life a very separate approaches. I don't think they really are.

In addition, she gave no technology to achieve a similar insightful experience (unless you are willing to give yourself a stroke!). And every teacher should be able to teach a technology, not just give pep talks.

So while this talk was compelling, it was far from a complete teaching. And I personally don't think that any brain-based approach to explaining human experience is valid. It has been quite successfully demonstrated that the personality (or consciousness) is separable from the body.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
You are right it is not a complete teaching but a description of an experience she had through the stroke. That stroke is just one of uncountable possible ways to unlock the door. Basically there's a way for everybody. Some find out the very hard way like she did, others bring themselves into a position to make that experience and be taught how it works.

Namaste,

Deckard666

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deckard666
reply to post by makeitso

If you have experience talk to us. If you have none and want none be silent and be gone.

Wow. We haven't even had our first kiss and your already making demands!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I even do that before the first date

Namaste,

Deckard666

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
TED talks are usually very interesting, at least the ones that I've seen in the past. I'll check this one out later at home. Is it NDE related?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cannon

She wrote a book (My Stroke of Insight):
www.amazon.com ...

I haven't read the book. I only watched the TED talk.

I'm not sure what to think.

Here's my guess:
... We're getting stuck on the details (past, future, relations) and this is preventing world peace. By removing ourselves for a while from the self and exercising the inner-peace circuitry to experience unconditional love and feeling, the hope is that this will cause us to project the peace inside us into the actual world. Another words, it looks like she's saying we need a time out, we're too stressed out; too wound up. Meditating on inner peace to create outer peace.

That's what I come away with after reading about these things and watching for about 2 hours.
edit on 6-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Yes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join