It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence for Faith in the Name of God - YHWH - Tetragrammaton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The key to understanding which religion holds the true belief is in the name of God. God is one, yet expresses Himself in the image of reality. We are a projection of that image. LINK If a person reviews and weighs the evidence, faith in the God of the Bible becomes the obvious answer. For the Hebrew who denies the name of Jesus as the God of the Bible, consider this:

Reality is a story. The main point of the story starts with the name of God: YHWH

In Ancient Hebrew Pictographs, the name of God expresses the overall point of the story. The pictographs are Yod Hey Vav Hey. The Hey is the pictograph of arms outstretched to God. It also contains the shepherd's crook, representing the guidance of God in the wilderness of life. LINK This 'Hey' was added to Abram's name to make Abraham. This was done when he offered what was most important to him (Issac / Son / Self) to God. God provided a replacement sacrifice instead when Abraham opened his arms in faith to God. Hey means 'Behold'. It is related by root morphology to the window of the tent. The tent being a temporary residence (our body). For more on this, see this link. LINK See the link for a fuller understanding of how the story continues from the letter of the Hebrew alphabet as it branches out to other words through root morphology. The story is much deeper than what I present here.

They Vav is the pictograph for the tent peg (Nail).

The Hey is again Behold.

The Yod is hand. LINK

YHWH "Behold the hand, Behold the nail."

Jesus and God, Father and Son. In physics, God is light. The Son is the wave of creation. This is listed in John 1. In the beginning was the Word (Son / Wave / Force / Laws / LOGOS). Put them together and you get the duality of light, both particle and wave. The third person of the trinity is the Holy Spirit (Consciousness).

Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

1 Colossians 1:
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

Hebrews 11: 1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.
3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

edit on 5-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
This 'Hey' was added to Abram's name to make Abraham. This was done when he offered what was most important to him (Issac / Son / Self) to God. God provided a replacement sacrifice instead when Abraham opened his arms in faith to God. Hey means 'Behold'. It is related by root morphology to the window of the tent. The tent being a temporary residence (our body). For more on this, see this link. LINK See the link for a fuller understanding of how the story continues from the letter of the Hebrew alphabet as it branches out to other words through root morphology. The story is much deeper than what I presen

I'm not following you exactly on this point. How does the "Hey" turn from Abram, to Abraham, wouldn't it be Abrahey? S&F

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
This 'Hey' was added to Abram's name to make Abraham. This was done when he offered what was most important to him (Issac / Son / Self) to God. God provided a replacement sacrifice instead when Abraham opened his arms in faith to God. Hey means 'Behold'. It is related by root morphology to the window of the tent. The tent being a temporary residence (our body). For more on this, see this link. LINK See the link for a fuller understanding of how the story continues from the letter of the Hebrew alphabet as it branches out to other words through root morphology. The story is much deeper than what I presen

I'm not following you exactly on this point. How does the "Hey" turn from Abram, to Abraham, wouldn't it be Abrahey? S&F

You can get it from this video. Taking the LORD's name in vain is taking on God's character without acting accordingly. The Hey was added to Abram and Sari as a mark of their faith to God. The outstretched hands to God is the sign of faith in what is not seen.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I thought the God in the Bible and Torah are the same, as well as in Islam, and mostly all other monotheistic religions. Did you mean which interpretation is most correct in understanding and explaining God?

I like your work though. Do you think you could provide the explanation of the names of Allah, Vahiguru, Ahura Mazda, and other monotheistic gods and why none of them and their related religions can be accepted as the right interpretation? It seems you're conviction is based on evidence in the Bible that supports its own claims, which is no different from me saying "I am beautiful because my name means it".
edit on 5-9-2011 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

Allah in Hebrew means curse. It is used in Deuteronomy 29:20-21 "The LORD will never pardon such people. Instead his anger and jealousy will burn against them. All the curses written in this book will come down on them, and the LORD will erase their names from under heaven. The LORD will separate them from all the tribes of Israel, to pour out on them all the curses of the covenant recorded in this Book of Instruction."

We need to assume a temporal revelation when considering the name of God. The revelation came to Abram first. The name of God was revealed to him as the seed of the Hebrew people. From this starting point, YHWH is the thread of truth and the Living Word of God. I will always assume that God has worked in all nations and tribes of people since the beginning. The nation chosen to reveal the light of God to man is the Hebrew people. God has left his mark on their revelation only. The fingerprint of God is in Genesis and in John 1. Jesus can be found throughout the entire book and is the LORD mentioned in the Bible. He is the good shepherd that leads the people and is the first and last Adam.

1 Corinthians 15:45
So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being” ; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You wrote:

["The key to understanding which religion holds the true belief is in the name of God."]

Why is this assumption correct? (And this is ofcourse based on another assumption...that religions can have 'true beliefs').

Quote: ["God is one, yet expresses Himself in the image of reality."]

An optional 'agnostic' position, but definitely not an absolute 'truth'.

Quote: ["If a person reviews and weighs the evidence, faith in the God of the Bible becomes the obvious answer."]

If that person is YOU, that will be the outcome. For the rest of us, it's questionable.

Quote: ["For the Hebrew who denies the name of Jesus as the God of the Bible, consider this:"]

Only hebrews qualify for opinions on this?

Quote: ["Reality is a story. The main point of the story starts with the name of God: YHWH"]

In ONE of the stories, it does. There are other, actually more reasonable, stories.

Quote: ["Genesis 1:1 In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy)."]

And as a parallel to this, what appears to be a mantra for you, I present the northern mythology version:

"In the beginning (time), there was ice (matter) and fire (energy) somewhere around Midgard (space)." Ergo: Woden is THE 'god' (if I understand your reasoning methodology correct).

As to the rest, citing from your mythological manual, the northern mythology has its own, just as reasonable version. And its own parallel version to numerology (or whatever) in the runic symbolism.

edit on 5-9-2011 by bogomil because: typo

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

But different languages have different meanings for words. So why is the Hebrew translation of words the right one? And doesn't Abraham play the same role in Islam as in Christianity and Judaism? Or am I mistaken there?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
There is no true religion (though Zen Buddhism and Hinduism are closest to the truth)

Religion is the use of political agenda's to create classes in the name of God.

Only spiritual enlightenment leads to the path of salvation.

GM
edit on 5-9-2011 by Grey Magic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Makes no sense to me.

Like some religuous mumbo-jumbo.

Everyone knows that Yahweh was the Canaanite God of War. The evolution of the God concept is well documented.

If God exists he wouldn't have a name, or a need for a name. This is just more "My god is better than your god" bollox that has hindered man's progress for thousands of years.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The key to understanding which religion holds the true belief is in the name of God.
I would find this amusing if the implications were not so horrible.
Imagine someone thinking, "If we could just understand what those Bronze Age goat herders believed, then we would really know something!"
I can tell you what they believed, that rocks represented God and that God lived underneath the rocks.
They would find a big rock and cut a groove from top to bottom, for the blood to flow from their sacrifice and go to where God could eat it.
Jerusalem and Mount Zion was the location of a unique, to that part of the world, quartzite deposit that was esteemed above all other rocks, so holding that land gave that tribe the best God.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Great thread OP! Don't have time to go through all of it right now.

-2nd

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
Makes no sense to me.

Everyone knows that Yahweh was the Canaanite God of War. The evolution of the God concept is well documented.

If God exists he wouldn't have a name, or a need for a name. This is just more "My god is better than your god" bollox that has hindered man's progress for thousands of years.

Quite true, this looks like what I could have written. Except this God is finite, having a name would limit God. You give a name to differentiate from others. Then who are those "others"? Certainly not humans. Or are the writers of the Torah implying there are other gods who are equal to YHWH?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
Makes no sense to me.

Ah, there you are wrong. He has a name, because he knew we would have need to call him something other than just "great spirit", or "the man upstairs". God is Yeshua (Jesus). He was the immanu'el prophesied to be the savior of his people the jews and his adopted children the christians. We christians already know he came 2000 years ago, but the jews did not believe. In their blindness they couldn't see him for what he was. John the Baptist saw who he really was. He will return again, and it will be the second coming when the jews believe albeit a little late but they will believe. To them the return of Jesus will be their messiah because they didn't believe in him the first time.

John the Baptist said "in the beginning there was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

Pay attention now, John said the Word came first

"in the beginning there was the Word"

Later John further explains that Jesus was the Word in the flesh, the Living Word.

"and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

Therefore he states that Jesus is God, and the prophecy of immanu'el had been fulfilled.

"and he made the world, but was not of the world, and the world knew him not"

God walked amoung the jews and in their apostasy and blindness they did not see. They saw but did not percieve.

John the Baptist was a servant of God, and he knew his Lord as he walked amoung men.

This is why we are baptists, because we believe John was telling the truth and that Jesus is our God and King.
edit on 5-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty

But different languages have different meanings for words. So why is the Hebrew translation of words the right one? And doesn't Abraham play the same role in Islam as in Christianity and Judaism? Or am I mistaken there?

Cuneiform became Phoenician, then Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek and finally English. The Ancient Hebrew pictographs are a direct rendering of Phoenician. If you want to understand English, you must trace it back to its linguistic roots.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

The key to understanding which religion holds the true belief is in the name of God.
Imagine someone thinking, "If we could just understand what those Bronze Age goat herders believed, then we would really know something!"
I can tell you what they believed, that rocks represented God and that God lived underneath the rocks.
They would find a big rock and cut a groove from top to bottom, for the blood to flow from their sacrifice and go to where God could eat it.
Jerusalem and Mount Zion was the location of a unique, to that part of the world, quartzite deposit that was esteemed above all other rocks, so holding that land gave that tribe the best God.

It seems that nomads and shepherds had a good understanding of physics. We are just now catching up. Again, this is evidence that more is going on here than mere coincidence. Going beyond the first verses of Genesis, the entire Bible accurately describes the relationship of man to nature, psychology, physics, cosmology and the list continues. The icing on the cake is foreknowledge. God draws the future into the past for us to see as it passes us by twice. Once by knowing that it was coming and twice by fact that it happens and becomes the new past.

In the Hebrew tradition, the past is in front. The future is behind because it cannot be seen unless we look at the past first. By drawing the future into the past, God shows us the reflection of what is behind us forward as we look in front of time.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

That was a very insightful post. Star for you.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The future is behind because it cannot be seen unless we look at the past first.
This reminds me of people who say we can't understand good unless we study evil, which I find equally wrong.
You are clinging to the things of this world and so rejecting the true things which are of a spiritual nature.
The Old Testament was of earthly things except for when fire came out of the sky which is actually a technology that can be used today, at will, by the ones who hold that secret.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

You wrote:

["It seems that nomads and shepherds had a good understanding of physics."]

Sure, physics is amongst the job-qualifications for nomads and shepherds. Everybody knows that.

Quote: ["We are just now catching up."]

Actually it's been known for a long time in esoteric circles, and all universities and research centers now have a couple of nomads/shepherds on their staff for when the scientists give up.

Quote: ["Again, this is evidence that more is going on here than mere coincidence."]

But it's been hushed up by the atheist conspiracy, which is afraid of the impact of nomad/shepherd physics.

Quote: ["Going beyond the first verses of Genesis, the entire Bible accurately describes the relationship of man to nature, psychology, physics, cosmology and the list continues."]

Going BEYOND the first verses of genesis is un-necessary. Genesis 1 clearly and correctly describes a geocentric universe. Any nomad/shepherd can observe that.

Quote: ["The icing on the cake is foreknowledge."]

Just to make sure. There will always be sceptics who find, that a geocentric cosmos isn't 'proof' enough.

Quote: ["God draws the future into the past for us to see as it passes us by twice. Once by knowing that it was coming and twice by fact that it happens and becomes the new past."]

Divine deja-vus. Commonly known, not least for their precision.

Quote: ["In the Hebrew tradition, the past is in front."]

Just like in some forms of logic, where upside is down.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
There is no true religion (though Zen Buddhism and Hinduism are closest to the truth)

Religion is the use of political agenda's to create classes in the name of God.

Only spiritual enlightenment leads to the path of salvation.

GM
edit on 5-9-2011 by Grey Magic because: (no reason given)

I strongly disagree with this. Truth in enlightenment is great and should be conducted through Buddhist, as I do. But christ did not come to enlighten those, only to save through him alone. .

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

In Genesis, Exodus, Numbers and Deuteronomy, each time God asked that someone build an altar, He clearly said that all His altars were to be made of un-hewn stones and were not to be touched by any tool.

So what you have stated cannot be true.

top topics

join