It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re Posted :Is there a Volcano ready to erupt on the US East Coast?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this back to our attention. Personally I think fracking has a lot to do with this area waking up geologicaly speaking.
If you look at the map of the Marcellus Shale, one can see how big an area it covers. Though it doesn't extend to Mineral Virginia, right across the border in West Virginia Theres fracking operations all over.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ISis12RA12ELohim

I'm not alarmed, just shocked. I never heard of there being anything remotely hinting of volcanic activity anywhere near us. I was trying to reconcile what you described in your first post with my old vague memory of the place and mountain mist was all I could picture. No, it doesn't sound like it was forest fire if the tours were going on. Well I suppose if there's anything going on we will find out soon enough. It's kind of hard to hide a volcano.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
hi there,

i found this on the web relating to a volcano in the park area.:
old volcano in national park

Note that it says ANCIENT .

thanks
snoopyuk
edit on 6-9-2011 by snoopyuk because: sp

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

we know, Snoopy. We are just inquiring as to anything new that may be brewing. The earth is always changing so it's best not to take anything for granted. Who knows what the big quakes that have tilted us slightly on our axis have stirred up. Likely, nothing here, but no harm in looking.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I did a little more digging on this.

Mineral, VA is only several miles east from Green Springs National Historic Landmark District. What's Green Springs National Historic Landmark District?
From findlakes.com...

Located on 14,000 acres, Green Springs National Historic Landmark District is located on the western piedmont of central Virginia. It is a natural basin caused by erosion of a volcanic intrusion resulting in particularly fertile soil, which has sustained grassland farming for over 270 years.

That places yet another known volcano in the area between these two quake centers. And more importantly, that puts a known volcanic center almost directly on top of the earthquake center in Virginia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join