It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] Attention ! Startling news about the rings!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Alright everyone, I apologize for my brashness
. I didn't know that these rings WERE from LOTR, so I was all excited and giddy about it
. A very bittersweet end to my contribution to these forums, and I apologize for all the harsh feelings. Its bitter in the fact that this isn't the hunt i thought it was (even though I knew it wasn't the real deal ) and its sweet because I proved my point - these are the LOTR rings
. I am sorry to all the captains for pointing this out, because I learned it definently made some people angry. Sigh, another ending to a somewhat interesting saga

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
coffay whatever it is. people have told you many times these are the LOTR rings. but you dont want to listen plus when you talk like that no one knows what you are talking about. someone here could grow up just a little.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Are you enjoying yourself? When is your bedtime so I can check out the recent posts from other hunters without this thread getting in my way? I dont think that the origin of these rings was EVER an issue, the information was out there all along to show what they were. There is a picture of one on the FTR page.

These rings are merely vessels for the words, the vessel itself is unimportant. And no the straight from the store LOTR one dont have words, a friend of mine collects swords and jewelry from movies and television, and they happen to have a Vilya. I know all about it. Now go do your homework and let the grown ups get back to their GAME, did you here me....

[size=20]GAME

EDIT: the word GAME wasnt big enough!

[edit on 8/22/2004 by zsandmann]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
you didn't prove anything it was already known. maybe you proved it to your slef but if that was the case there was no need to start a thread.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I think it was good I started this thread because I was educated and If it weren't for this thread i wouldn't have known. I'm sure its the same for a few others

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
We won't be hearing anymore of that person's lunatic fringe yacking for at least 72 hours!

sheesh!

HA

[edit on 22-8-2004 by HUNT_ADMIN]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Hunt_Admin shows their face in the window just to point and laugh at some poor (seriously confused) noob?
wheres the morale booster or the juicy tidbit? we are losing alot of people in this search.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
To steal a phrase from Mirthful Me:

And the winner is...

In the category of "Most Futile Attempts to Enlighten an Obstinate Troll" its...

*envelope opens*...

* The FTR Captains and Minions, in a landside! *

JCMinJapan accepts the Award (A Golden Keyboard with Wear Proof Keys and a copy of Hunt Admin's"How To Translate The Mindless Rants of the Inane [subtitled: Understanding CoffayNinja]"

thunderous applause erupts, let the party begin.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This was quite a hot thread. Not to breathe too much life into it again, but his lunatic rantings did poke something loose in my head. Here's something to ponder.

The rings are vessels, they bear whats important (the word) for each of them. It is the word that is important. Perhaps over those thousands of years, there has been many reincarnations of the rings themsevles, with the word inscribed into them, and over time, lost and replaced. What if the same thing happened, and the people that are in charge of the word, each lines representative, decided to encode the words again into these LOTR rings. Thats what I think anyways. And, that also brings me to something else. Rings 2, 3, and 4 were stolen, but returned. Since not many have seen the words early on, and since they were taken early, perhaps the 3 stolen rings were replaced easily by duplicates, with a fake word. That would still make smirkleys ring the most important, but perhaps that is why we are still waiting for something, we still need 3 words. I think we need to keep the first word tight and locked down, and work on the 3 real words, not the ones the current captains have.

one other possibility would be that the words need to be entered into ID at the same time, coordinated.

And there is of course the other theory of the list files from deep that still need to be cracked possibly.

Its just soo much to think about, these are just my ramblings. take what you will.

C.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffayNinja
Smirkley, I admire your expertise in these here forums... But how do you know if they aren't fake if you don't buy one of these lotr rings and compare? They look strikingly similar in my case

Let me ask you one simple question...hotrod.

IF, some one was going to buy one of the LOTR rings, how much would they have to pay to get one and compare to the rings that look "very much like" the LOTR rings?

Can you offer that information along with the wealth of other so far useless info you've given?

It's an easy question...how much to buy an LOTR ring that looks "very much like" the rings here?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I try to think that even 13 year olds can see what is going on. Apparently this one can not, Yes kiddies 13.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
LOL That has to be the funniest thing I have heard in a while. A 13 year old had all of us up in arms!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I think this is an appropriate time to bust out the Yiddish:

oy ve!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I try to think that even 13 year olds can see what is going on. Apparently this one can not, Yes kiddies 13.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I looked at his threads just now , and one has dropped since yesterday , there are also #'s involved with his first posting ., still have had no luck staring at the id background , but having some vicarious fun thru you guys . Got accused thru a thread yesterday of being part of the disinformation . Not the case

Good luck !

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Wow, this is the busiest thread that we have had in the hunt forum in the last few weeks...
:lol

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JCMinJapan
Wow, this is the busiest thread that we have had in the hunt forum in the last few weeks...
:lol
thats actually sad, when a pitiful thread like this is the most active :shk:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well all I can say is that it seems the hunt has stalled out. Either the Captains havent finished something that they are supposed to be doing or Simon/HuntAdmin needs to step in here and "throw us a frikin bone..."
I think we can run ourselves to death with all the old clues but we are really missing a true starting point beyond the appearance of the ID page. Now that the captains are the only ones with true access to it, it seems that they need to go ahead and make the grand convergence happen. I hope its soon or I think we will see several more CoffayNinjas popping up to interupt the flow of events.

Just my piece or ranting for the day...I feel better now.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Star_and_Crescent
Well all I can say is that it seems the hunt has stalled out. Either the Captains havent finished something that they are supposed to be doing or Simon/HuntAdmin needs to step in here and "throw us a frikin bone..."
I think we can run ourselves to death with all the old clues but we are really missing a true starting point beyond the appearance of the ID page. Now that the captains are the only ones with true access to it, it seems that they need to go ahead and make the grand convergence happen. I hope its soon or I think we will see several more CoffayNinjas popping up to interupt the flow of events.

So True

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I am only posting here because you cant get points for the hunt forum.

plz dont use his age as the reason he is how he is. I know 12 year olds that are more mature that some 20 year olds.

just thought that should be brought up.

Now back to the bit we can do with the hunt!

---pineapple

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Hey Pineapple, we are all past the coffayninja thing, wasn't his fault.
What we are ranting about now is not knowing what to rant about

We are stuck, all of us, captains, minions and the partially enlightened alike, all in the same boat.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join