It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Data Hoarding: How the truth will shine when TPTB kill the web

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
So many of you know that there is an alternate internet (actually several). This is perhaps why Bush may have referred to the internet as "the internets." The dark net is just one example of an alternative, and researching a bit about these alternative internets will bring you into a plethora of interesting info... but to my point...

The internet is a threat to governments, corporations, and the elites, this is a given. The internet is a threat to these powerful wolves, and they don't want the sheep to trample them by numbers. There will be a day when the internet goes offline (maybe permanently). When it does, who knows what will happen. If it comes back up, will it be regulated, monitored, censored, or require you to register with a branded identity that builds an algorithm of your web usage?

So I say to you all on here, to best protect the truth, open though and everything you believe in, it is your job to hoard the data you feel to be important to your family, friends, and fellow human. Print articles, documents, save videos, audio, pictures, anything that is truth and needs to be heard. This information can be copied and disseminated onto the dark net and other internets and proxies. The day the PTB have their new excuse to change things out of safety or to fight terrorism, we will quickly see the flow of ideas change.

I guess it is a pretty simple idea. You have a book case of all the information you hold dear, you should have the same for the ideas you wish to flow after they press the master internet kill switch.

Feel free to rip me a new one, and to tell me the inaccuracies in my post, but my point is just to protect the information and ideas you feel are important to you, and you feel should be spread if there was no internet tomorrow.

Peace

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I agree, well said.

S+F.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
your thread is well written and i for one will not argue nor simply back it because i have no knowledge of the tec side of your topic but with my simple understanding of such things which is limited : ) it sound feasible i will get back to this topic after checking a few facts

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
IMHO I don't think that the internet could be shut down totally.

Due to its nature, it is not localised to any one point.

In order to shut it down, you would have to shut down all global telecommunications (mobile/cell, satellite & terrestrial landlines) and even then you would have the issue of the global proliferation of wireless networks which could be daisy linked without too much effort.

If it was shut down, we could still revert back to BBS's(I get chills just thinking about it
).

Maybe a large enough CME could wipe out all communications systems but I would expect that such an event would also bring down the power grid.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yeah I have to agree. Anyone who has vital information that could change the world should put all their evidence onto a datastick. I'd even go as far as saying make multiple copies onto datasticks and bury them in time capsules in several places. Then even long after the individual is gone the information can be free without major consequences.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Not technically true my friend. ICANN, which controls the internet's domain name system (DNS), takes down web domains at the whim of politicians and industry bosses, if they are considered to infringe the law. The DNS is effectively a phone book for the net, a look-up table which converts a website's URL into a machine-readable IP address that locates the relevant server and brings users their requested page. The DNS comprises 13 large registry computers, called root servers, dotted around the world. Each holds an identical copy of the internet's master look-up table. If a domain is deemed illegal, ICANN can render it useless by simply steering traffic away from it. They have the abilities to just stop everything.

Unless you know IP addresses which Im sure more people do not, then your phone isnt going to work either. Etc.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Terces_Pot_Evoba

I think they will end up restricting it like they do with tv and radio today.
You will probably need a license in the future if you want to set up your own web server or similar.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I like your suggestion of getting all the information together we can and copying it. As for the internet...I personally think we are all being monitored ....all the time....right now.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

I think they will end up restricting it like they do with tv and radio today.
You will probably need a license in the future if you want to set up your own web server or similar.

So start printing out all those foil hat articles now to show your grandkids how the old folk used to think all "craaazy"

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

While I certainly agree that our online activity is recorded, by more than just one company, I dont think they have the ability to constantly monitor everyone's access in real time. Only those who are on certain watch lists are monitored, everyone else's history is just stored in the server farms.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Work together with your close friends, and make a small private website with all the information that is important to you, then archive that bad boy regularly! A friend on my site also suggested we all write down for posterity a record of what is going on in this world so future generations will have the info if they do shut down the web.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
hi op

i was thinking along them lines a few years ago
wen council budgets were cut and they started closing down libraries
i thought
here we go, no library no written word
controll the info on the web
dumb down the populous within 2 generations
easily managable slave sheeple

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by minto

Yes and no.

There are the main DNS servers that feed out IP's to DNS servers that run from ISP's.

The ISP DNS servers will only call on the main servers if an address isn't already cached locally. So if say, I try to find a site that has been already accessed by another user on my ISP. The DNS server at my ISP will automatically redirect my request to the website without calling on a major server.

Still, I understand exactly what your saying and you are right that you could effectively limit web access to only sites that my ISP has already cached, but it wouldn't totally shut down the internet. It would stop any new sites from being accessed by anyone on the said ISP.

edit on 4/9/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

While serving in the USN & being apart of military intel, I know for a fact there is a classified Internet that ranges from Secret to Top Secret, & beyond.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I see what you are saying as far as the Internet being shut down but one also needs to realize that the Govt. is also using the Internet to keep an eye on us as well.

One needs to read up on the recently formed , thanks to the Patriot Act, Information Awareness Office.

The Information Awareness Office (IAO) was established by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in January 2002 to bring together several DARPA projects focused on applying surveillance and information technology to track and monitor terrorists and other asymmetric threats to national security, by achieving Total Information Awareness (TIA). This would be achieved by creating enormous computer databases to gather and store the personal information of everyone in the United States, including personal e-mails, social networks, credit card records, phone calls, medical records, plane tickets, car rentals, drivers licenses, educational transcripts and numerous other sources, without any requirement for a search warrant.[1] This information would then be analyzed to look for suspicious activities, connections between individuals, and "threats".[2] Additionally, the program included funding for biometric surveillance technologies that could identify and track individuals using surveillance cameras, and other methods.[2]

AND Not to mention the need of the internet to support their Face Recognition System....called Human ID

Human Identification at a Distance (HumanID)

The Human Identification at a Distance (HumanID) project developed automated biometric identification technologies to detect, recognize and identify humans at great distances for "force protection", crime prevention, and "homeland security/defense" purposes.[12

Yes, it might shut down certain websites, ATS NOT being one of them for obvious reasons, but it will not shut down the entire information superhighway because it is also being used to keep an eye on all of us.

en.wikipedia.org...

Disclaimer:

Please understand that I conclude all of my posts with a Laughing Icon to keep myself from Crying...due to the sad state of affairs that our once Great Nation is currently in.

PEACE
edit on 4-9-2011 by nh_ee because: Added Disclaimer

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
They opened up the internet for us, and when they shut it down we must stay united and build our own. Back to basics.
But yes,save everything you can and keep it safe. They cant shut us down if we`re united,

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terces_Pot_Evoba

This information can be copied and disseminated onto the dark net and other internets and proxies. The day the PTB have their new excuse to change things out of safety or to fight terrorism, we will quickly see the flow of ideas change.

If the Internet is up and running why the need to use Darknet? If the worlds governments one day decide to shut down the Internet Darknet would go also since it uses the same infrastructure.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I am not worried that TPTB will ever kill the whole web, the people know where to turn too if that happens because only their governments are capable of pulling that trick off, and they will know how much they were controlled when that happens, it would cause their own downfall.

GM

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
i would like more info on this 7 internets have not heard of that one .tell me more as i have noticed things vanishing & being changed HOARDING would be a good idea .i live in the uk years ago when i first got a 3 dongle i noticed that it had been licensed in 1983 the member who says that they saw classified stuff while in the forces i can believe as i have friends in the special forces who have told me a few interesting things . in the early 80s i worked in a deep underground base and saw a few things that now make me think ahha computers etc .i did not know how to turn 1 on till 2006 so any info i would find interesting cheers

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Nearly 7 billion minds out there.

You think they can put this genie back in the bottle?!

Not a chance in hell.

It's only going to get more interconnected AND decentralized as time rolls on.

You just can't stop this technological progress.
edit on 4-9-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join