It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Disguise Yourself as a Woman to Avoid the (Theoretical) Draft?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
.. would you do it?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I wouldn't have to. I have horrible lungs due to asthma and I doubt a recruiter would want to depend on me to lead my comrades through combat.

Besides, I doubt there will be another draft. The next military draft attempt will be during some kind of civil war among Americans. WWIII will most likely be when Americans finally realize their own government is corrupt. Many will simply refuse to fight for the government.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
i would probably make the ugliest woman on the planet.. so no.. I doubt I would choose such a path.. I would rather take a leaf out of both my grandfathers books.. one was a battlefield medic the other a battlefield engineer.. and neither went to war to take life..

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If a draft were to be reinstated in the U.S i would think that the situation was pretty dire so going into the military might actualy be better then not doing anything

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
post removed by staff

If there was a draft mate, lsd wouldnt be enough to keep you out ... but nice try hehehe - plus, when yer drafted while on lsd, yer the special winged-rambo-with-scorpion-tail the only one able to see the true menace of the giant spiders from saturn and their horrible and gruesome rainbow ponies generals... ITS UP TO YOU TO DEFEND THE EARTH!
edit on Sun Sep 4 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

If they wanna give this nutter a gun, thats fine.

Im just saying im likly to freak out in the heat of battle according to militry history (regarding people who have experimented with hallucinogenics)

Im actually not mad as a brush, and if they needed me and i couldnt serve a better perpose else where, then funk yeah, i wouldnt try to avoid it.

I hear the underpants on the head and pencils in the nostrals still works a treat though

edit on 4-9-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well women today want to do everything men do and try to take over every thing that used to only be for guys so women should also be drafted in with no excuses.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Huh.... that's a good thought... I am a woman, so no worries - BUT... what about guys that get sex changes? And what about WOMEN who get sex changes? Does that make them eligible for a draft? hmmmmmmmmm

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by manturnedintoagirl

In the US, all men* are registered for Selective Service, and any claims of transsexualism would have to be confirmed by the local draft board, so this wouldn't work. You could show up in drag and trick them into thinking you're psychologically unsuitable, but you wouldn't be disguising yourself as a woman, you'd be disguising yourself as a transvestite.

CeeRZ, sex reassignment surgery is medically disqualifying for military service in the US. I can't speak for other countries

* At least, those who didn't dedicate themselves to living off the grid when they were still teenagers.
edit on 4-9-2011 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
dude
its big gobvbernment. they LIE to us about anything.
there is nothing wrong with lying to liars.

i will never fight a fake war to make international bankers rich, or to follow the pr0toc0ls of xi0n.

i will lie to combat any 'protocols' set fouth upon me.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Guess that makes sense!
Thanks!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I would have a sex change if I had to.
No way. No war.

It is bad enough I have to watch it.
I fight for my, "our" freedom in other ways.
One of those ways is fighting for the freedom for soldiers and young boys not to have to fight in wars.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Ladies,

You are equal now. You are probably going to get drafted to fight the next big war.

You can thank all of those feminists who whined about how women have a right to combat or whatever.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Just sexually harass the recruiter or act like you have severe mental problems. You could also act like a complete failure during basic lol, such as not hitting the targets, not finishing obstacle courses. Be a complete moron and a liability. Be crazy, sexually harass your superiors. Start masturbating during your recruitment in front of everyone. Any little thing counts.

Alternatively you can shoot off a toe.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

i would be more concerned for my 17 year old son.i am a single dad and it has allways been him and I.but i am torn between being so scared of where they would send him and what they would have him do or kill..or be killed..that i would probably shoot him in the foot or something just to keep him safe(kinda kidding..maybe a toe).OR,like someone else allready pointed out,that what might be happening to us(civilians...those not in the military)is so bad that the only way for survival might be in joining one of the armed forces.who knows?
BUT I do know that i would NOT wear that silly dress....................what size is it?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Ladies,

You are equal now. You are probably going to get drafted to fight the next big war.

You can thank all of those feminists who whined about how women have a right to combat or whatever.

Honestly, I'm perfectly fine with that. My grandpa was in the Navy, my dad in the Air Force, my sister started in the Air Force and is now in the Army, and my younger brother is on his way to Special Forces. I may as well join them. Hell... I might anyway.
And I completely agree - we asked for equal rights. And I don't hear any women saying "well... except for the draft. We shouldn't be drafted.. cause... yeah..."

top topics

join