It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya: Gaddafi regime's US-UK spy links revealed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Libya: Gaddafi regime's US-UK spy links revealed

www.bbc.co.uk

US and UK spy agencies built close ties with their Libyan counterparts during the so-called War on Terror, according to documents discovered at the office of Col Gaddafi's former spy chief.

The papers suggest the CIA abducted several suspected militants from 2002 to 2004 and handed them to Tripoli.

The UK's MI6 also apparently gave the Gaddafi regime details of dissidents.

The documents, found by Human Rights Watch workers, have not been seen by the BBC or independently verified.

Meanwhile, the head of Libya's interim governing body, the National Transitional Council, said its s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So, my Government, whilst befriending Gaddafi was passing over information relating to exiled Libyan Nationals. This included their whereabouts and their dealings.

Meanwhile the CIA were abducting suspected militants and handing them over to Gadaffi.

This really only leads me to ask, where did it all go wrong for Gaddafi?

Answer must be, CIA and MI6 decided (aka U.S and U.K Governments) he wasn't handing over enough OIL.

Unlucky Gadaffi. You served your purpose. Now do one!!!

Apologies if this has been posted previously. I did a search and undoubtedly there will be many of you who will pounce, if it has been previously posted.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Has anyone taken note that although we know the Ghaddafis have alot of beans to spill on the likes of Tony Blair, Sarkozy, Bush etc.......

they have not once spoken out

That says alot about the Ghaddafis

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The lies about Libya seem to be even worse than the lies about Iraq.

The whole thing stinks - of oil and gold and sweaty, greedy corporatists whose hands are dripping with blood and who leave piles of dead children and adult civilians in their hellish wake.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I agree, but maybe they are holding on until they are captured.

Or maybe, just maybe, that is the reason they have not been captured?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
something tells me that they were about to speak so the CIA used one of their classic tactics and devised another perfect plan to make them out to be what they are not.

I guess their backup insurance file worked. Lets hope the MSM CRUSHES this news in a positive way!
edit on 3-9-2011 by misfitofscience because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
They just got a new tool in their arsenal.

The internet made it easy to spread revolutions all over the place, why need to suck it up to the Libyan officials when you can simply "create" the conditions for a massive public uprising. Stage a few events where civilians get shot and there you have it! Iraq #3?

That's waaaaayyy better for business than sucking it up.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
And the rendition from America to Libya goes far back as the Clinton Years. In an interview on Sky news earlier tonight, A ex official admitted sending,, people to Countries such as Libya, Egypt etc, so they would not have to torture or kill them themselves. Now there is morality for you. While the rest of you Americans were up in arms over Lockerbie, your own government were going behind you backs making deals with its so called enemies.

And what annoys me more, which I really knew anyways, is the fact that the Previous British Government it seems if these papers are correct. Lied over their involvement over the release of the Lockerbie Bombing.

Now any time an Official from the UK or the USA stands up and criticises other countries over their human rights, other countries will laugh in their faces.

edit on 3-9-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

If and when they are captured, and I have a feeling they will be, thats the end game for them. They will kill them before the Ghaddafis have any opportunity to open their mouths just like what happened to Suddam Hussein.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
How long do members think. These documents will go missing?

Or those involved in finding them, will mysteriously disappear?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

If and when they are captured, and I have a feeling they will be, thats the end game for them. They will kill them before the Ghaddafis have any opportunity to open their mouths just like what happened to Suddam Hussein.

Reality check. Saddam Hussein was captured in 2003 and executed in 2006.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The mistake Gaddafi made was playing the west off against the Chinese.

He may have figured too soon the Maoists were the no1, not yet though, as he found out.

The west will not give up their domination that easily.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
Answer must be, CIA and MI6 decided (aka U.S and U.K Governments) he wasn't handing over enough OIL.

Why "must" it be the reason? Lets examine the logic here..

Evil western Puppet master: "Ah, Mr Gaddafi, I have been waiting for you..."

Gaddafi: "Hello Mr Evil Imperialist I have spent my life railing against.....How can I now suddenly be of service?"

EWPM: "We need more Oil, even though the current high price is benefitting me nicely and you producing more oil will drive down the price..."

G:" We at maximum production. You should know this, it's your companies doing the drilling."

EWPM: "Mwoooohahahahahahahahaha..We want more, for no good reason!"

G: "Er, no?"

EWPM: "Right, thats it. We're going to somehow stir up your previously loyal people who loved you to bits into wanting to kill you and overthrow you regime. In doing so, Oil production will stop completely, counter to our own reasoning and even after, once we have overthrown you, we will have to renegotiate even less favourable contracts with the rebels..."

"Mwooohahahaha...Our plan is contrived and machiavellian even WE don't understand it...Only really smart people on the interweb will be able to see through our smoke and mirrors...."

Originally posted by cripmeister

Reality check. Saddam Hussein was captured in 2003 and executed in 2006.

Indeed. And when all that was going on, the same things were being said right here on ATS about how much they "know" about those pesky "Elites"...

Yet not one peep out of him.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Okay, so it isn't about oil.

What other reason would it be? To support a small minority of rebels overthrow a regime that we were allied with? That just doesn't make sense, otherwise we would be witnessing the same support for the rebels in Bahrain.

I know you don't want to believe that we would take such action over smelly black stuff, but I can't see any other reson for our interference.

France missed out in Iraq, but they made sure they had a piece of the action on this one.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

To support a small minority of rebels overthrow a regime that we were allied with?

A small minoriity? It would appear that Gaddafi's supporters were the ones in a minority. He couldn't even muster an army any larger than the rebels when he was in control of much of the country, despite his spokespeople claiming he had "65,000" aremed men ready to die for him in Tripoli. Not seen much of these phantom divisions anywhere, have we?

That just doesn't make sense, otherwise we would be witnessing the same support for the rebels in Bahrain.

Geo politics, my friend. Bahrain is backed by Saudi and they have the west by the danglies. Syria is backed by Russia, so no UNSC resolution there. Libya, well, he had no friends even amongst Arabs, so we could actually do something about him.

I know you don't want to believe that we would take such action over smelly black stuff, but I can't see any other reson for our interference.

Libya's Oil production is actually quite small in comparison to even European producers and it was on the decline in 2010. It isn't about Oil, its about regional security and taking the opportunity to get rid of someone no-one liked.

France missed out in Iraq, but they made sure they had a piece of the action on this one.

Most Iraqi Oil these days goes to China. So who missed out again?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Off course it is about oil. This cover story over Libya Supposingly, brought in by the west if they gave up their Weapons off mass destruction, (Oh were have we heard this crap before). It has always been about Libya's oil.

Now before I am shot down in flames here is my evidence.

Countries that supported the overthrow of dictator Moammar Gadhafi's regime are likely to get first crack at post-war Libyan oil production, while those that sat on the sidelines are at risk of losing out.

Although Libyan oil production before the uprising comprised just 2% of global output, it is prized because it is of the light sweet crude variety - it contains less sulfur than most other oil and is thus cheaper to refine.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It has always been about making sure the west have security when it comes to oil. The UK nor the USA have any morale standings in this world anymore. And they will be laughed at the next time they stand up, and criticize others countries of their human right violations.
edit on 4-9-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Italy: Purging Libya ex-officials would be mistake

By FRANCES D'EMILIO, Associated Press

www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ggYnzVVVXufC8oDZuK9inCsXRlxw

CERNOBBIO, Italy (AP) — The West must not repeat the same mistake in Libya as it did in Iraq, Italy's foreign minister said Sunday, warning against a full-scale purging of military officials and bureaucrats from Moammar Gadhafi's authoritarian regime.

"Why destroy all the structure, all the apparatus in Libya like we have done in Iraq, making a big mistake," Franco Frattini told reporters at an economics forum in the Lake Como resort town of Cernobbio. "We shouldn't multiply, we shouldn't double this mistake."

(...)

The council's leadership was also in regular contact early on with officials of Italian energy company Eni SpA, which for decades has had natural gas and oil operations in Libya, Frattini said.

"The rebels in Benghazi immediately understood that Eni would have been a reliable partner" in a post-Gadhafi Libya, Frattini said.

Members of an Eni technical team in Libya are "exploring the fastest way to restore ... the oil and gas production" there," Frattini added.

Eni said last week it is too soon to say when oil production could resume from Libya, but its CEO Paolo Scaroni has set a target date of mid-October for natural gas delivery from its Greenstream pipeline operation, in time for winter use by Italian consumers. Libya is one of Italy's main sources of energy.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Funny this was reported on Yesterday, now al of A Sudden the UK news Channels are not reporting on this. This was their Front page story yesterday. Who or what have leant of them to stop broadcasting any more of this, Is What I want to know there now is a conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

so you think that they'll leave them around & talking for more than 3 years then?? (SH - captured 13 Dec 2003, executed 30 Dec 2006)

Yeah - that'll certainly shut him up.....

Possibl, MG hasn't said anything about Blair, etc 'cos actually he has nothing to say? He's certainly still got the means to say anything he wants - yet all he does is rant about the fighting........and not very convincingly or rationally about that eitehr!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

The documents, found by Human Rights Watch workers

Well for a start intelligence agency's are a law unto them selfs in there retrospective country's and for those of you who are wondering why gaddafi has not spoke out about the west's dirty secrets ,need to understand documents like these don't just happen to land in the lap of Human Rights Watch workers ,in my opinion this is Gaddafi revealing the west's dirty little secrets.

This is the only way Gaddafi can reveal the west's dirty going on's ,and i bet there is more to come.

Trust me the british government will be fuming over this ...damage control will be in full flow ,and a panic that more might get revealed.

Thousands of pieces of correspondence from US and UK officials were uncovered by reporters and activists in an office apparently used by Moussa Koussa, who served for years as Col Gaddafi's spy chief before becoming foreign minister

Moussa Koussa was the key to keeping all this silent ,it the reason he was forced to defect from the very start.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join