It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory Health Evaluations For Coverage??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
My employer is trying to conduct mandatory health evaluations, which include blood pressure, LDL cholestorol, BMI (body mass index), and blood glucose tests.. really??? for what???..

1st if i fail 2 outta these 4 tests i'll be mandatorial placed in a package that raise my premium and deductable..
isnt this " considered a pre-existing medical condition?

2nd.. they are telling me i "have to see a RX tech,or a DR of our choice, for it to be at no charge".. if you see your own DR. then you have to pay your co-pay, plus any additional charges..?

isnt this a violation of privacy?

3rd "if I do not take their tests, im mandatory placed in their most expensive and highest deductable "package"

i thought as long as your employer provided any packages , anyone could purchase any package..

i'm doing research now...., but id thought id ask ATS.. ?

please help...

thanks...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by snowman9364

I've never seen James Bond having those mandatory.

All in the name of Job Security, taking care of the slaves is such a noble thing to do.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Thanks GM..

Although i'm well and healthy.. and will pass their ludicris tests.. and REFUSE to take them.. just think its wrong to force these "tests" upon people..., and by my refusing.... i will be "forced to pay more along with a higher deductable... somehow... this isnt right!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ah don't we wish a public option had been passed, instead of... well whatever they did pass.

Insurance companies have had us by the jewels for a long time but from what I gather many Americans enjoy this.
The insurance companies make the laws..so no I doubt that it is illegal. Although, I haven't had the stomach to read the watered down toothless version of the healthcare bill that did pass.

Expect at least another 50 years of premiums rising and coverage plummeting.

Peace

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I would say this is very wrong.

If I were you I would refuse to get examined, refuse to pay the higher price. Of course they'll make a stink about it. But if it's really as big of a deal to them as they seem to make it out to be then certainly they won't mind settling this matter in court over violation of our civil rights eh?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spav5

Thats all i've witnessed in the last 20 or so years.. although this topic is going to be current (and on-going until dec. 31 2011, for some 25,0000 people..) .. just trying to keep the wool from covering the eyes of people... what can i do to get this absurd action stopped?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by evil12day

oh yes.. I TOTALLY REFUSE!!! to me itsa violation of privacy.. and along the lines of obamas health care into which an insuraunce company cannot judge against a pre- determined medical condition... into which my certain company is goin... and at that.. if you fail their 2 outta 4 tests.. you will be mandatory placed in a higher priced/deductable packaged.. not that i like obama, but thats not this thread... its what is law now... should i contact a lawyer?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by snowman9364

If I were in your shoes I would go about my business till they pull me aside asking about my lack of consent and whatnot and talk about it. If they still refuse to let you opt out of the testing and the expensive premium THEN I would tell them that they'd be hearing from my lawyer. If they still didn't budge then I would go through with it.

But it's really up to you.

new topics

top topics

join