It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Charge Man As Enemy Combatant Supporting Terrorism For Uploading Youtube Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Feds Charge Man As Enemy Combatant Supporting Terrorism For Uploading Youtube Video

Take freedom of speech and other personal liberties — including protections against cruel and unusual punishment, right to face your accuser, and right to trial by jury — and throw them right out the window. All for the crime of uploading a YouTube.

That is what a 24 year old Virginia man, Jubair Ahmad, faces as the feds charge him with providing support for terrorism for allegedly uploading a propaganda video. The crime comes with the dubious distinction that the accused are treated as if they are actually terrorists or as the U.S. government labels them “enemies combatants”. With the declaration of being an enemy combatant the rights and protections engraved into the Constitution with the full force of our founding father’s very own flesh and blood are instantly nullified.

Read more at:

www.infowars.com...

So what does ATS have to think about this? Obviously, a lot of us don't really like what the government is doing with our freedoms, and how they are combating the financial crisis - but what about the government arresting people for uploading youtube videos, even with obvious propaganda purposes.

Yes, the video is extreme (terrorists and IEDs destroying armored cars) but what if they turn their sites on people who disagree with the government (such as many far right videos do)

edit on 3-9-2011 by MidnightTide because: that link was a pain getting up

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

ouch

Anyone who spreads the other side of the story will be prosecuted and locked up? OMG, or are they just making an example of this individual so that others may avoid spreading information the US government doesn't like and doesn't appreciate?

Here's the final question, does US have jurisdiction in other parts of the world? This is clearly a threat to the whole world because US has abducted foreign citizens in coordination with the host country, that means if I upload a video in the other side of the world, US policies still pose a threat to me.

Why can't I vote in US elections.

This is absurdity beyond belief.
edit on 3-9-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
That's a thought crime!~ Straight to the ministry of love for you

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I am going to copy and paste this comment posted on inforwars, its a good comment and I couldn't of said it any better, nor type it better, lol, so all credit to the poster of the this comment.

S&F OP

original comment to story on inforwars

ES 2012 says:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
So it is ok to go around blowing things up and killing people, but not ok to talk about it

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What? No link to the Video?
I was going to put it on my utube account.
I hate the idiocy of this. it is very childish.
They are the Terrorist.
they Make people think what they wont you to think.
American and Barack Obama are the True Terrorists.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
So the question that comes to my mind is, does a US citizen who is labeled a "domestic terrorist" face the same potential "prosecution" for uploading "terroristic propaganda" such as "anonymous" protest videos? It seems like the words "domestic terrorist" are being thrown around quite loosely these days. What does this mean for ATS users who openly protest against what the USG are doing openly via the web and this site?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
were is the line drawn? At whaT point do thay say " haul em away thay are enime combatants" ?
I really dont know

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The feebs didn't just sweep this guy up because they don't like one of his YouTube videos. They say he had trained with LeT, he was still in communication with them, and he made a propaganda video for them. If true, it's an open and shut case. He will at least be deported.

The "enemy combatant" thing, as far as I can tell, was invented by Infowars.

www.scribd.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

The feebs didn't just sweep this guy up because they don't like one of his YouTube videos. They say he had trained with LeT, he was still in communication with them, and he made a propaganda video for them. If true, it's an open and shut case. He will at least be deported.

The "enemy combatant" thing, as far as I can tell, was invented by Infowars.

www.scribd.com...

Thank you for pointing this out, it seems that the infowars article was rather misleading and has consequently made me look the fool for not doing any further research... seems a bit less frightening when you take this information into account, doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I seem to recall that back in the day, more than a few ATSers, and many, many more besides, were demanding this sort of thing happen to anyone who ever criticized any of Saint George's holy wars.

I wonder how many have suddenly changed their minds.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Va. man gets 12 years for aiding terrorists

A northern Virginia electrician was sentenced 12 years in prison Friday for producing an online propaganda video at the behest of a militant Pakistani group designated a terrorist organization by the U.S. government. Jubair Ahmad, 24, of Woodbridge pleaded guilty in December in U.S. District Court to providing material support to Lashkar-e-Taiba, a Pakistani organization that was blamed for the 2008 terrorist attacks in Mumbai that killed 166 people

Under normal circumstances, Mizer argued, Ahmad's advocacy for Lashkar would be constitutionally protected free speech. The only reason it's criminal is because he produced it at Lashkar's request, in consultation with Saeed.

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

“Although he conducted his jihad with a computer rather than an AK-47, Ahmad’s criminal actions were nonetheless designed to support LeT’s mission of waging violent jihad against those they consider to be the enemies of Islam,” prosecutors Neil Hammerstrom and John Gibbs wrote.

www.washingtonpost.com... y.html

edit on 13/4/2012 by corporation because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join