It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon is shrinking and by 2012 it will have vanished completely

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think 'Christ killed in dinosaur attack' is about the funniest one, I also located the list but people got up earlier than I did.

It is widely accepted that the moon was much closer in the distant past, the earth spun faster, the moon made more revolutions per year than it does now. In the days the Dinosaurs roamed earth a day was less than 22 hours long and a year was nearly 400 days. It has been postulated that when life spawned on earth a day was a mere 17 hours long. What has remained more constant is the earth distance from the sun, thus the year hasn't changed as measurably, at least since the moon formed. Don't ask me for links please. I would have to have used an external hard drive to have ever saved every link I read.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Christ killed in dinosaur attack

it was those damn jewish dinosaurs, mel gibson knows the score!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Tahnya86
Now i dont know if this is true ...

And it doesnt worry you in the slightest that your source is the Weekly World Inquisitor?

The same joke paper that has stories like
Russian moon rover was stolen by aliens
Aliens sue for return of Roswell UFO
Vatican launches range of condoms - with holes
Christ killed in dinosaur attack
Jesus ate my homework!

and of course
Movie director finds Christ's lunchbox
Ancient relic still shows traces of saviour's sandwiches, claim scientists

So thats your source for this moon shrinking story?

Don't forget this one; Barrack Obama's birth certificate found, He's Chinese.

www.weeklyworldinquisitor.com...

This sites always good for a laugh.

ALS
edit on 3-9-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I am guilty, I admit freely that I did not even look at a link for the first time ever. I mean, everyone knows that the moon in fact is ballooning and getting bigger, or closer, I'm not sure which!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Human beings can always be relied upon to exert, with vigor, their God-given right to be stupid.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by Tahnya86

Now i dont know if this is true
I am gonna make a wild guess on this, and go ahead and say- "Nope. Not true."

"There can only be one explanation," says Carpenter. "[color=FFAC75]Or maybe two."
[color=8FFFAD] X2: 1 for this ↑, and the other for this ↓.

It's possible that the Moon's crust has been compromised allowing the escape of gases [color=FFAC75]and, you know, other stuff."
74b9cd5893dc70336e1ce7ec25471fec66395ebe

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

deleted as pointless abuse
piling on 15yards!

edit on 3-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

Hey Tahny....I say A+ for effort......I find this very interesting....the way things are going on Earth.....we also may be in trouble in the Universe as well.....I am very suspicious of what really goes on in outer space.....who can really prove some of what you have reported isn't going on. I hope the beautiful moon is not in trouble....

edit on 3-9-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Let me put your mind at rest Tahnya86. If the Moon was being bombed, the thousands of astronomers on Earth that look at the Moon every night would have noticed what would appear to be dust storms. As the Moon is virtually without atmosphere this would be big news. You can't hush something up if it's in plain sight.

Also if the Moon was shrinking it would be losing mass. If this was the case it would be moving away from the earth at an accelerating rate. If the loss was so severe that the Moon would be gone by next year, then it would be visible to the naked eye and there would already be a drastic effect on tides.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

wow...

just wow...

You took this thread seriously

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING posting this drivel......

Have you seen some of the other stories at this site? Crap you'd expect at the checkout in the Enquirer or other such garbage filled rags..... some other stories at that site....

Christ killed in dinosaur attack - Jesus wasn't nailed to a cross, he was savaged by a T. Rex according to new evidence from the Holy Land...

Obama birth certificate found - he's Chinese!! - White House releases President Obama's real birth certificate - but there's a big disappointment for some Birthers

Vatican launches range of condoms - with holes - Pope-approved rubbers help sinners prevent disease and delay their journey to eternal damnation

Russian moon rover was stolen by aliens - Nuclear buggy turns up after being missing for 40 years

Jesus rifles' now shooting Crusader bullets - US Army is using holy ammo in its fight to bring God to Afghanistan, says General

Apple launches iSlave mind-control device - Handheld gadget makes controlling slaves easy and hip

UK raises terror alert to 'bothersome' - British Government warns that 'something is up' but can't say what

Jesus ate my homework! - Schoolkids say holy visitation destroyed biology papers

You must think everyone here is nuts.....

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Some of these threads on here make me think a lot of people smoke a lot of happy smoke

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankGarrett

Kind bud, as you would.

Though today I doubt that anyone gets the kind of 'clarity' that was in the late 60's and early 70's. It's simply not there anymore. Drug and pot production from that time to today has suffered the same return of investment and deterioration in purity since, (It's not what Nana smoked anymore Dorothy).

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

Now now all, i was only posting a finding, i didnt say it was true so dont attack me haha, i wasnt to sure my self, i must admit i think the moon is inhabited by ET's and the LCROSS experiment was a odd one,bad idea i think, but i dont know if its shrinking and i was going to say some astronimers can tell us if they have noticed a difference, im not harping on to get feedback for flags i mearly post articles to get opinions, and i dont think there is anything wrong with posting findingsin the name of information and opinionated members,so please, be nice and dont ridcuel my intelligence.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Yes,

we are currently conducting MASSIVE lunar bombing raids.

However, the astronauts have to resort to using Chinese lanterns to get to the moon since the Space Shuttle has sadly been retired.

On a side-note, there is not one single day where not a new thread tops a previous one in terms of lunacy and insanity. Every day i *think* i am reading the most stupid stuff just to be surprised the next day there is even more stupider stuff

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The moon isn't shrinking but moving further apart by a few centimeters every year. That is a bit worrying.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

You do a good enough job of that yourself

edit on 4-9-2011 by Violence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Im not attacking you i was only asking, but it seems ATS uppers doesnt want me posting so im probably going to get banned now. I dont care anymore they have an agenda thats become obvious.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Put simply, lunar scientists have noticed "cracks" that suggest that the surface of the Moon is contracting. All the planets originally condensed out of a cloud of dust and gas. This process may still be continuing throughout the Solar System. The recent probes that were crashed on to the Moon were done so to stir up lunar dust so that other probes could see what is below the surface. The Moon was not hurt in any way; things crash there all the time.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR
UK raises terror alert to 'bothersome' ...

I love this one. "Bothersome" would be a fun and descriptive word to use for a threat level.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dachende
reply to post by caladonea

wow...

just wow...

You took this thread seriously

I took the author of this thread seriously and treated her with respect.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join