It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is This Object Photographed over Jersey City, New Jersey?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Source

Jersey City, New Jersey - 08-30-11

Last night in New York (Aug 30th) around 10 PM, I noticed from the apartment windows overlooking the Hudson looking out across to Jersey City from Lower Manhattan a hovering, seemingly stationary airborne object over Jersey City.

It had a bright red light flashing regularly underneath. I enjoy aviation and frequently look out of the apartment windows to see what's what.

I knew this wasn't a plane from first glance. I looked at it long and hard because it had an odd bulk to its shape. It seemed too big for a helicopter, and probably therefore was a Blimp.

My feeling was that it was unidentifiable by the naked eye. It made me pretty inquisitive to know what it was. I watched it hardly moving, maybe progressing, but very slowly.

Logic told me it HAD to be a helicopter, so I got on with other stuff. But when after 10 minutes I saw it was still there and had not changed position much, I decided to photograph it.

Obviously this is a photo that has a longer exposure time, seeing that he said he exposed for 8 seconds, but I'm not really sure what this could be. Perhaps as the guy said, a blimp? I couldn't see it being a plane or helicopter, so Other than a blimp, I'm not too sure.

I just thought I would bring it here to see what people think of it.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

edit on 2-9-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
If it was an 8 second exposure, that is not the real shape.

What this picture would tell us, is that it is a round object that has a red light on the bottom which flashes 5 times within 8 seconds...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

It could very well be a blimp. Fun fact, New York, & 5 other states, are high on the National UFO Alert Rating, currently at number 3. Yeah I never heard of it either buts its true.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Cigar shaped but elongated due to exposure;an advertisement blimp maybe? Though, with slighting pictures and not of claimed cigar type shaped UFO's good find, might be onto something. Clear image too, now if can find a picture where it's not elongated.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That's what I meant. It would be a blimp shot from head on which is slowly drifting.

I don't know anything that would look like a round lit up ball with a red blinking light, although, it could be an RC toy of some type.

Pred...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It was probably a blimp. I was on the phone with a friend thst night who lives on the top floor of the old medical center in Jersey city , while we were talking the blimp flew over his building very low.. kinda freaked him out for a second.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
reply to post by boncho

That's what I meant. It would be a blimp shot from head on which is slowly drifting.

I don't know anything that would look like a round lit up ball with a red blinking light, although, it could be an RC toy of some type.

Pred...

That seems like a very likely explanation.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3fb8568ee84e.jpg[/atsimg]
Quite possible the blimp was turning during the exposure which would explain the streak on the left side which I think may be something from the nose of the craft.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'm also thinking this looks like a blimp one used for advertisements like what dreamingawake said ..Its still a good find thanks for the thread..Peace sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I don't believe we are visited by aliens or e.t. ufo's and would first guess a photoshop or something exceptionally distored with the 8 second exposure.

Now all those disclaimers aside I just want to say it's a really cool photo.
I would guess that he saw this thing in the sky and intentionally shot it with 8 second exposure.
He would have to have set his camera at that.. so I'd say the photog knew what the object was and thought it would be interesting to shoot at that exposure rate.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I havent seen proof that this blimp was over Jersey City on the 30th but it is based in New Jersey. It is supposed to be in the Allaire area all week. The 1st blimp race in 25 years was held along the hudson the beginning of July.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
It definitely looks like a blimp to me. From what I've read on ATS, they seem to be in fairly common use in New York City. Would the same go for Jersey City by any chance?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Looks like the Jupiter Two from Lost in Space. Danger! Danger!

But it's probably a blimp.

top topics

join