It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Announce No Second Term?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88

Originally posted by caladonea
There is a lot of speculation by many that President Obama may not run in 2012.....but nothing is confirmed for sure. What I think may happen is that another politician who is democrat may run against President Obama for the spot to run in the Presidential 2012 election.

Make that Dennis Kucinich. Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich. That would be a great combination.

I've thought this for quite a while. Not only are they great friends but they show how two party opposites can agree on fundamental concepts of liberty and freedom as well as both promising to instantly end all wars.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
That's a vain hope for the GOP/TEA Party isn't it?

What's this? The Birther strategy? If you make up total BS long enough, something is about to be actually true?

Yea, like this guy is even close to halfway done screwing the pooch on this presidency. And with the GOP/TEA Party contenders out there, he's god more than a chance. Hell, it's almost a sure thing that Obama is gonna get the second term.

Much to the chagrin of myself and the GOP/TEA Party.

The line up that we have now on the right is pretty much hand picked to make sure that Obama looks good by comparison. They will be shredded in the media (I know left wing bias, but you know it's gonna happen) and pretty much torn apart on the issues if they go anywhere near TEA Party level insanity.

Oh and if any of them even half assed considered the birther argument in public, that will end their hopes right there.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Obama to win. I would almost rather have someone as bat# crazy as Ron Paul with his hand on the button than this current spineless buffoon. Not that I want that demented old has been anywhere near our nuclear arsenal, but it almost might be preferable to this impotent jellyfish in command.

But be sure, he's gonna run again, the only thing that would stop that is a scandal so big it couldn't hide behind Monica Lewinsky's butt.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
But be sure, he's gonna run again, the only thing that would stop that is a scandal so big it couldn't hide behind Monica Lewinsky's butt.

Who knows what the future might bring. We haven't seen all Wikileaks files yet ... There is still hope.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Has any sitting president ever done this?
Maybe I'm just getting old, burnt out by getting sent to war twice, once by a Dem, once by a Rep.
Politics = I feel it is all a psych op facade. A puppet show no matter how the ball rolls.
An on coming car crash I don't want to watch.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
No second term ?

Thats like saying my bathroom breaks are "shovel ready".

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Truth be told I stopped reading your post as soon as you labeled the speech 24 hour delay as mysterious. This was the most over-covered scheduling disagreement I have ever seen. There was nothing mysterious about it. So, unfortunately in my book, the logic train derailed there.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You know, the really sad truth is there are probably more Americans who would read this speculation/prediction/wild rumor and think it is the truth than would read "Obama to present measures that will actually stimulate job growth" and believe it to be possible.
Rumor: "Obama to announce he won't run for a second term"
Reaction: "That's the best news I've heard all day" or "Could you blame him with all the crap he's had to deal with?"

Rumor: "Obama to offer realistic job growth ideas, policies"
Reaction: "Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it!"

That Hope account is running seriously low.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Obama to Announce No Second Term?

Not a chance.

However, you have to admit...that is a genius marketing tool to get Republicans, the Tea Party, Conservatives and pretty much anyone else that dislikes President Obama to tune in for his jobs speech.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
If I had to deal with what he's had to deal with...I wouldn't run for a second term either.
Seriously, this guy could crap a rainbow, and both democrats and republicans would complain that he didn't create rain instead.
I don't really support the guy, but I recognize that he has had to deal with so much BS.

EVERYONE was telling him to enact the no-fly zone in Libya. As soon as he did, EVERYONE got on his case.

Oh poor baby! Just think if he'd had to deal with WWII!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by behindthescenes

For real...a message board post?

Well...just for the record...my sources have just confirmed that Obama is in fact going to run for a 2nd term.

Now...who are you going to believe...random internet person #1 or random internet person #2????

You're a known quantity. Therefore, the choice is obviously to choose the other guy.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by behindthescenes

For real...a message board post?

Well...just for the record...my sources have just confirmed that Obama is in fact going to run for a 2nd term.

Now...who are you going to believe...random internet person #1 or random internet person #2????

random internet person #1. He doesn't post on ATS

Yeah I do not trust people that post on ATS either.
That is why I come here. Your anonymous forum post though, now that is something. Hey, did you notice that YOU posted it on ATS? Hmmm. Makes it hard to trust you.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The OP posted initially that this may not be true. Why be such a jerk about it? Does it make you feel better of something? This crap ruined this website for the most part.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join