It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official ... we're all safe ... Fukushima released ONLY 10% radiation compared to Chernobyl

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Ok, we can all stop worrying and scaremongering that Japan specifically, and the world in general, have been and will continue to be, contaminated with high levels of radioactive material released from the damaged Fukushima reactors.
Apparently in a report just released by Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency, we now have the "official word" and "guarantee" that there has been NO large scale release of radioactive materials to contaminate the Japanese landscape and it's people.

According to the New Scientist

Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency report that the release of radioactivity from Fukushima is about 10 per cent that of Chernobyl.

Also, scaremongers of the world (surely they're not referring to us here at ATS ?
) have been asked to cease and desist with all the predictions of calamity and doom about to befall the Japanese people ... apparently because it's "upsetting" them !

"We've got to stop these sorts of reports coming out, because they are really upsetting the Japanese population," says Gerry Thomas at Imperial College London

Well, that's good enough for me and I can now stop worrying because Japanese researchers have all the facts and done all the research to show there's no problem at all with multiple reactor meltdowns !

Japanese researchers attending the meeting are upset, she adds. "They're saying: 'Please tell the truth, because no one believes us'."

Yeah ... sure ... I believe you

edit on 2/9/11 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/9/11 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Wow, I guess they think people will swallow anything that they dangle in front of them.

There are plenty of suckers out there, but for this matter, I'm not one of them!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well, that's a relief!! I am so glad I can move on. Nothing to see here!! /end sarcasm

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]Move along now. Nothing to see here.

Everything is just fine.

[color=deepskyblue]Not sure I buy it, Japan.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Lmaooo 10 percent my cheeks. Get outta town. Literally get out of town, its contaminated. They wont admit a thing till everyone is irradiated and glowing in the dark. They have been caught lying and hiding the severity throughout the process. Why would anyone believe them now.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Thank god for that, I think I will celebrate with a seafood platter and roll in a bed of sushi. We can all have that wonderful pregnant woman glow! I feel so much calmer now knowing that this is just a tiny blip and can get on with more important things.

*sigh* All I can do, is sigh in disbelief.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
For me, I don't buy it. I don't believe contamination is worse in America then in Japan. Japan is wholly contaminated. Sad but true.
I know # spreads but come on. Nobody ever checked Korea's contamination level, it's always about America.

If somebody checks China and Korea, they'll probably be surprised.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Oh thank the flying spaghetti monster, phew, we dodged a bullet there.

But wait, this poses an even bigger problem....

If the massive radiation release being detected all over the northern hemisphere isn't from Fukushima, where the hell is it coming from?

Where is the radiation that is being detected on Japanese exports? What about the radiation detected on the west coast of north America moving all the way into the central states and Canada? Right up to Toronto?

This isn't good news at all, this makes the situation much much worse.

OR.....

Like always, the Japanese are attempting to limit the reported damages to save face because they know they, through their lack of actions, have given thousands or more people a death sentence.

Don't worry though, all the thyroid cancers and various tumors that we'll see in the next 10 years are completely, 100%, unrelated.

It's probably man made global warming and the terrorists.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Suppose that`s a form of Humor on a bad sad situation from Japan higher ups. Ok I laughed now tell us the truth.
That`s if the Governments are even capable of that anymore which I doubt.

But it makes you think just how do you tell a entire country sorry we are pretty screwed on this one.

link   
I do have to appologize,,

all the names i called you
when i read the headline of the thread,,

i "thought" u arrrggghh ,, &^%&^&& mother ,*&^*(^*&, son of a *&^*&^&^%&^,,

then i read your responce,,

once again,, accept my appoligies.

link   
'And you believe that?' was my initial thought when I read what you wrote.
Then I saw your last paragraphs and noticed the irony.

"The media has a hell of a lot of responsibility here, because the worst post-Chernobyl effects were the psychological consequences and this shouldn't happen again."

Isn't it interesting how that Gerry Thomas defines the medias responsibility?
Isn't it interesting that he thinks that psychological consequences were the worst post-Chernobyl effects? You have to be kidding, Mr. Thomas!

But gladly, I can assure that not many in Japan will suffer from psychological consequences.
The media is all cool, there is no panic. What were those other consequences in Chernobyl called? Poizioning? Radiactron? no. Radiaction poizzen? no, ah nah. There were no other consequences.

+11 more 
link   
heh heh.

That wouldn't happen to be 10% of the total radioactive release of Chernobyl since 1986 would it? Lets see - 6 months of release = 10% of the combined release over the past 25 years?

I can believe that.

link   
Whew....I am so glad they came out to tell us that!!! So I guess that means that we can expect plenty of governments and officials to whistle and look the other way when these exposed people start coming down with cancer over the next few years....Pay for treatment??? Who should pay for treatment???There was only a 10% exposure, these people didn't get cancer from that...Let them pay for it themselves! Typical.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

It's because of sites such as these that have helped the people of Japan to question their officials...I do wonder what the Japanese people would say to that remark?Especially when they are begging them to test the children that were exposed to the fall out,they walked out and refused to even test their urine! the Japanese officials should hang their head in shame.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Would you guys be happy if they said, "were all screwed, you are going to die"?

What gives? I think the doom and gloomers(most of ATS) are over reacting....

Here comes the hate comments in 54321.......

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Yeah... I believe the Japanese government equally as much as I do My own. Like... NOT.

What a load of horse crap.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Not necessarily true you have to follow the current of both the water and the air. It doesn't blow back in the opposite direction. It heads towards the US. That is why there is a concern, not America being America. Just Earth being Earth .Currents and airflow.

And no I don't believe America is more contaminated than Japan, just the China and Korea statement.
edit on 2-9-2011 by MrStyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
I do have to appologize,,

all the names i called you
when i read the headline of the thread,,

i "thought" u arrrggghh ,, &^%&^&& mother ,*&^*(^*&, son of a *&^*&^&^%&^,,

then i read your responce,,

once again,, accept my appoligies.

@BobAthome ...

No need for apologies.
Anyway, I'm sure I've been called worse over the years

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Would you guys be happy if they said, "were all screwed, you are going to die"?

What gives? I think the doom and gloomers(most of ATS) are over reacting....

Here comes the hate comments in 54321.......

Not going to throw hate at you.....

Just gonna say, 'Wow thank God that those reactors melted down and are not entombed!'

'Radiation is good for you!'

Not end of the world gloom and doom.... just poisoning our world a little bit more with that long-lasting poison.... RADIATION.... especially bad for Japan.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

"We've got to stop these sorts of reports coming out, because they are really upsetting the Japanese population," says Gerry Thomas at Imperial College London

Yea, because people might call for and end to nuclear power.

I wonder how long she has spent in Japan herself studying this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join