It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official ... we're all safe ... Fukushima released ONLY 10% radiation compared to Chernobyl

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

It's probably a true story. Fukushima did indeed release that amount of radiation.

The rest of the 'released' radiation (probably) comes from the nukes they detonated in order to trigger the Tsunami.

I'm just suggesting!

st.
edit on 2-9-2011 by SatoriTheory because:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Would you guys be happy if they said, "were all screwed, you are going to die"?

What gives? I think the doom and gloomers(most of ATS) are over reacting....

Here comes the hate comments in 54321.......

If You don't have anything true to say...don't say anything at all.

Shall We not "over-react" to a massive twisting of the truth (if not a full-blown lie) about what has been (and will be) emitted from Fukushima? (As one poster above said, 10% of Chernobyl's radioactivity for the last 25 years - in 6 months of its puking out radioactivity - yeah. Maybe...)

Geez.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
sounds A LOT like what they said about chernobyl in the beginning of that crisis too...

en.wikipedia.org...

Only after radiation levels set off alarms at the Forsmark Nuclear Power Plant in Sweden,[49] over one thousand kilometers from the Chernobyl Plant, did the Soviet Union admit that an accident had occurred. Nevertheless, authorities attempted to conceal the scale of the disaster.

another thread about this is here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Ok, we can all stop worrying and scaremongering that Japan specifically, and the world in general, have been and will continue to be, contaminated with high levels of radioactive material released from the damaged Fukushima reactors.

edit on 2-9-2011 by borutp because: How can gif be inserted?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

So sorry you see it that way.. yes it would be best to know the truth... I assume you need a little more of a reality to eat...

Very little insight I think.
But hey, that's just me..

But answer me this... when did you get on board on all of this.. did you miss the Gulf outcome as well?

You miss the point of ATS..

Eat well.....

Jesse

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hahaha. All is good in the glorious land of japan. Such a wonderful feeling knowing that I am safe from this radioactivity.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by tauristercus

"We've got to stop these sorts of reports coming out, because they are really upsetting the Japanese population," says Gerry Thomas at Imperial College London

Yea, because people might call for and end to nuclear power.

I wonder how long she has spent in Japan herself studying this?
Nice post!

Better yet, I wonder how much time she has spent on site, poking around the reactor buildings?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by schitzoandro
sounds A LOT like what they said about chernobyl in the beginning of that crisis too...

en.wikipedia.org...

Only after radiation levels set off alarms at the Forsmark Nuclear Power Plant in Sweden,[49] over one thousand kilometers from the Chernobyl Plant, did the Soviet Union admit that an accident had occurred. Nevertheless, authorities attempted to conceal the scale of the disaster.

another thread about this is here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was just getting to the end of this thread and you posted my post that I had in my head here.
Well said and it just goes to show that things will never change as far as hoping to have any Government anywhere in the world that is honest and responsible to their population.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by schitzoandro

en.wikipedia.org...

That's right!

The Japanese people shouldn't take it personally that we think their officials are lying, it's not just Japanese officials.

The US power company and officials initially lied about three mile island, and the soviet officials initially lied about Chernobyl. So why would TEPCO and the Japanese officials be any different? They're just following the pattern of lying after a nuclear accident.

EVENTUALLY the truth came out about TMI and Chernobyl, though there is still a lot of uncertainty about how many deaths will result from Chernobyl, we will probably still be evaluating that for decades. Eventually the truth will come out about Fukushima too, but it may be 10 years from now, partly because I still don't think they know the full extent of the situation, even now. For example, I don't think they know exactly how far down the melted cores went at Fukushima, even today, or if they have contacted or are about to contact the groundwater.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It's perfectly ok everyone, they put a tent over it, I know we all thought it needed to be encased in concrete to stop the radation ... but fear not the tent in air tight...

.... now please stop worrying

www.euronews.net...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I hope it's true. I want them to recover and become stronger. Japan is the source of much interest. I want to see them get better. We all have vices. They built on a fault and too close to the coast. But we're all guilty in one way or another of harming life on earth. I feel sorry that we make mistakes. But recovering from them is more important than blaming each other for our faults. They say that to learn we must falter. Trial and error might be the quickest path to ultimate success, but we cannot get there without trials and errors....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

France’s CEREA has the simulation map of ground deposition of cesium-137 from the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant accident on its “Fukushima” page.
It not only shows Japan but also the entire northern Pacific Rim, from Russian Siberia to Alaska to the West Coast of the US to the entire US.
According to the map, the US, particularly the West Coast and particularly California, may be more contaminated with radioactive cesium than the western half of Japan or Hokkaido.

Simulation map of Cesium-137...

I'm not sure of the accuracy of these claims, but it doesn't sound promising.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
www.ornl.gov...

Thus, by combining U.S. coal combustion from 1937 (440 million tons) through 1987 (661 million tons) with an estimated total in the year 2040 (2516 million tons), the total expected U.S. radioactivity release to the environment by 2040 can be determined. That total comes from the expected combustion of 111,716 million tons of coal with the release of 477,027,320 millicuries in the United States. Global releases of radioactivity from the predicted combustion of 637,409 million tons of coal would be 2,721,736,430 millicuries.

During combustion, the volume of coal is reduced by over 85%, which increases the concentration of the metals originally in the coal. Although significant quantities of ash are retained by precipitators, heavy metals such as uranium tend to concentrate on the tiny glass spheres that make up the bulk of fly ash. This uranium is released to the atmosphere with the escaping fly ash, at about 1.0% of the original amount, according to NCRP data. The retained ash is enriched in uranium several times over the original uranium concentration in the coal because the uranium, and thorium, content is not decreased as the volume of coal is reduced.

I'm sorry... on a yearly basis, we take all the nuclear fuel used in reactors, grind it up into fine little dust, and spread it all over the planet; effectively, through coal combustion.

I'll buy the gloom and doom about Fukushima when we all spontaneously die of radiation sickness from 100+ years of Potassium-10 and Carbon-14 buildup.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by tauristercus

"We've got to stop these sorts of reports coming out, because they are really upsetting the Japanese population," says Gerry Thomas at Imperial College London

Yea, because people might call for and end to nuclear power.

I wonder how long she has spent in Japan herself studying this?

Unfortunately, with no abundance of natural resources, nuclear power is the only leg Japan has to stand on at the moment.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yup, I think it's high time to mandate the relocation of all these individuals, such as this Gerry Thomas person, to Fukushima...

... for the next 20 years.

Give them a nice little home with a great view of the Daiichi nuclear facilities out their front door so that they can perform their studies and observations about the non-issues of continuous radiation leakage and its non-effects on the surrounding biological lifeforms... firsthand, up close and personal.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Widespread radioactive contamination including Cesium with a half life of about 30 years, and Plutonium that can have a half life of up to 24,000 years and the long term accumulation of these radioactive particulates in humans through ingestion, respiration etc and the long term health risks, mutations and cancers will take years to be seen.

There is no need for scaremongering now, what is the point in knowing?

Even the smallest amounts of these dangerous radioactive elements in the body can and will cause major health problems over time... It can decay slowly inside of you for many years directly irradiating tissues and organs in your body.

This is not going to be only confined to Japan.

Psychological impact from fear may be a short term concern, there simply isn't anything they can do about the more serious real health risks from this in the long term.

Right, so don't worry.... Be happy, be productive, you have nothing to fear... Its all scaremongering!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
what about the radioactive sea water that exists? The Japanese used SEA water to prevent a core meltdown. Physicist Michio Kaku lays it out for you OP. www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

If this is true it is quite disturbing to say the least.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
hahahaha... lmaoo.. they made there self look really stupid ohh nothing was leaked only a lil . lol look at the banned news ,, lol high amounts are leaked and continue to leak duhh

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Would you guys be happy if they said, "were all screwed, you are going to die"?

What gives? I think the doom and gloomers(most of ATS) are over reacting....

Here comes the hate comments in 54321.......

Would you be happy that we stick our collective heads in the sand,and say we believe the happy news?

Obviously you want to get a rise on those who are actually intelligent enough to know that this is a bad situation. ANYONE that has been watching the situation knows that. Come on Junkie,you of all people..............

Not hate comment,just a deny ignorance one...............

An official of Fukushima nuclear power plant operator TEPCO concedes that “the amount of (radioactive) leakage could eventually reach that of Chernobyl or exceed it.”................................

The statement followed an announcement yesterday by the Japanese government that it was raising the “significance level” of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant (FDI) to a 7 on the International Nuclear Events Scale — a classification previously only assigned to the 1986 Chernobyl disaster...............................

LINK

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join