It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's The Worst Physical Pain You've Ever Felt?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
i'll start by saying that i have slammed a hammer onto the tip of my finger which split it open and blackened the nail. i have had a six inch splintered piece of wood driven up inside my foot and i have fallen backwards twenty feet onto a pile of rocks and if you combined all three of these together they would'nt even begin to compare to the all consuming agony of an "abcessed tooth". of course in the beginning i ignored the problem until it was too late and one evening hell paid me a visit inside my mouth. the relentless pain quickly spread from the infected area of the tooth and spread out all the way from the top of my head, around my face and down into my throat. i could'nt think, eat, sleep or work. pain killers were ineffective because i threw them up and i actually cried and screamed out loud because it felt like my head was clamped tightly in a vise. imagine your head on fire and shoved inside a beehive, getting stung hundreds of times simultaneously and you'll begin to understand how horrible this infected abcessed tooth actually felt. i stood in front of the mirror in tears with plyers in my hand, ready to rip it out on my own but could'nt do it. i have read of people that actually committed suicide as an escape from this pain. i was taken to the emergency room, because it was on a saturday night and no dentists were open and the hospital would not pull it or do anything. they gave me three weak painkillers that i threw up and they sent me on my way. i guess the hospitals dont want to infringe on any of the dentists business. i finally had it pulled out and i was instantly in pain free heaven again. the terrible ordeal had ended. lots of people never have major problems with their teeth, they dont know how lucky they are...
edit on 2-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Kidney stones, by far... all I could do was scream at one point to deal with it!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

Kidney stones, by far... all I could do was scream at one point to deal with it!

Despite many injuries, broken bones, flesh wounds etc over the years including a nasty motorcycle crash.
It was kidney stones that was the most painful,
agonising pain, allegedly as bad as childbirth. (Allegedly)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

Thanks for getting this on here, I was going to add it if no one else had.

I've had 3 at this point, and they're quite terrible. Never had anything else to compare, whether migraines or physical damage from falls, smashing, hits, or the like.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I would say when my intestines became so inflamed that they ruptured, leaking stomach acid, bile and excrement into my stomach cavity. Also a reaction to a medication that caused every single joint in my body to become inflamed to the point where I could literally not move at all without enormous amounts of pain. Pain sucks.

That ruptured intestine went for so long that I could barely walk my stubborn a# into the ER. They said I woulda been dead in a day or 2. Haha glad I decided to go.
edit on 2-9-2011 by TruePatriot1685 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Kidney Stones, no contest. I was in so much pain I couldn't even drink water for a couple of days without vomiting it back up immediately.

I've even heard women say its worse than child birth.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Kidney stones, no doubt. In fact, my lower back hurts just thinking about it.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
women who also experienced an abcessed tooth have told me that it hurt worse than natural child birth...think about how people were actually driven to suicide by the agony of an abcessed tooth!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I would say child birth for short term pain (27 hours for one and 23 for the second), but long term I would have to concur with kidney stones. I have had 3 occurrences of kidney stones and each time I was incapable of anything but rolling up in a ball and crying. After the fact, when I was shown the kidney stones at the hospital they were TINY. I felt like such a baby

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I stepped on and shattered a thick glass coffee mug barefoot. Totally caught me off guard, stepped on it with full force. Definitely my most painful moment and I've broke bones, been burnt/cut badly etc.

There must be a lot nerve endings on the bottom arch of your foot, because it was intensely excruciating. I should have gotten stitches, but in this country, I can not afford such luxuries. Couldn't walk right for a few weeks.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
so far mine is having my tonsils removed at the age of 28. when i woke up 2 days later and al the pain drugs had worn off i was pretty sure i died and woke in Dante's 9th level of hell! dreading the kidney stones as i get older!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Kidney stones! Yep. The pain was incredible and the relief once passed was beyond measure.

And this from a guy who has fallen off a cliff, been shot and stabbed (in the leg) and piled in from a parachute collapse after a guy stole my air.

Second worse pain was getting sprayed in the eyes with engine cleaner.

I hope I never have to go through any of that again.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I feel for you...that really sucks. The worst pain I have ever felt was by far appendicitis. I went for almost a week with a ruptured appendix and almost died from it. A broken collarbone was pretty painful too. Both of these were much worse than childbirth (I have had four children...the first two all-natural, which was pretty brutal) I have never had a toothache, but my husband had an abscessed tooth (which he has not had fixed yet because we don't have 3000 extra dollars) and it is the only time I have ever seen him cry. It still abscesses once in a while, and when it does he has to poke a hole in it to drain it. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Toothache, by far, I nearly jumped off a balcony once just to stop the pain. No crap.

(Obviously I’m not that crazy and didn’t - but hell it hurt).

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Oh man, you guys seem to be going through it tough. Still, once I spilt boiled water from the microwave that I was making KD with onto my stomach. I was 12 or 13 at the time and all I could do was pull off my shirt and scream that I was on fire. Left a good 10cm long boil.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Oh man, you guys seem to be going through it tough. Still, once I spilt boiled water from the microwave that I was making KD with onto my stomach. I was 12 or 13 at the time and all I could do was pull off my shirt and scream that I was on fire. Left a good 10cm long boil.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

I'll second the Kidney Stones. With most other pain you can DO something to alleviate it. The Kidney Stones had me on the floor the second they hit and nothing could stop it for over an hour.

link   
A broken collar bone.

Not being able to sleep and being too young for any kind of painkiller or sleeping aid.

Ear infections have got to be up at the top of the list. When you want to chop your own ear off, you know it's bad.

link   
I have given birth naturally 7 times. Had kidney stones once. Been beaten by grown men. Broken a couple of toes and a wrist.

Absessed tooth, hands down. For me, all "vanity" goes out the window. Pull it. Now.

Child birth, has an end in sight, so I think that makes a bit more bearable. I did have one baby, in 1 hour. Start to finish. 1 hour long contraction.. I thought I was going to die. But id do it again, before another absessed tooth! Count on it.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by restlessbrainsyndrome
reply to post by blocula

I feel for you...that really sucks. The worst pain I have ever felt was by far appendicitis. I went for almost a week with a ruptured appendix and almost died from it. A broken collarbone was pretty painful too. Both of these were much worse than childbirth (I have had four children...the first two all-natural, which was pretty brutal) I have never had a toothache, but my husband had an abscessed tooth (which he has not had fixed yet because we don't have 3000 extra dollars) and it is the only time I have ever seen him cry. It still abscesses once in a while, and when it does he has to poke a hole in it to drain it. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
hi...hospitals, around here in mass. anyways, "do nothing for teeth problems"! they must have a deal with the dentists. hardly anyone would go to a dentist if the hospitals would help them. teeth problems are considered a cosmetic procedure and thats just wrong...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join