What's The Worst Physical Pain You've Ever Felt?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Damn all this sounds painful, at worst i had a double root canal done on the same tooth but the girls working on me hooked me up with the good stuff and i took a few vicodents (thats nowhere near spelled right, but im in a temporay laspe of intelligence)

How do you prevent abcessed teeth and kidney stones?, i want nothing to do with either.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I had 2 brain tumor operations in 2007. The first bout of surgery was unsuccessful. The second bout of surgery was successful, but the pain was excrutiating.

The way for the surgeon to get to the tumor was up through the nasal passage and then by breaking through the skull at the back of the nose. Apparently I was asleep for this operation, but I know for a fact I certainly wasn't. It was asthough I was in and out of consciousness. The pain I received was unbearable, but there was no way possible of being able to alert anybody, so I just had to grin and bear it.

I am sure I was going in and out of consciousness even though I was supposed to be anaesthetised........That was pure mental and physical torture, without a doubt.....................

I had another similar situation a few months ago when I had to have a colonscopy. The medical team told me that I would not be conscious while they fed a pipe through my back passage. But I can honestly say that the pain in that process was also very painful and uncomfortable, I was dropping in and out of consciousness yet again, while at the same time watching the whole process taking part on a TV screen right in front of my eyes...

I think I am totally immune to anaesthetics.................never again, never again....I hope.........
edit on 2-9-2011 by davethebear because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-9-2011 by davethebear because: spelling

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Ok, you win
thats just crazy! I couldnt imagine!! Have you seen that movie AWAKE?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yea I thought my stomach aches were all in my head till the pain made me pass out while I was vomiting. They couldn't believe I walked myself into the ER. Kidney stones suck too. But having done both, ruptured intestine wins for me. And thanks to my Crohns not responding to any treatment, ill have a real fun painful time til I get colon cancer and bite it. Done whining now.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
Damn all this sounds painful, at worst i had a double root canal done on the same tooth but the girls working on me hooked me up with the good stuff and i took a few vicodents (thats nowhere near spelled right, but im in a temporay laspe of intelligence)

How do you prevent abcessed teeth and kidney stones?, i want nothing to do with either.
imagine suffering through both ^^^ at the same time! it could easily happen to someone and probably has...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

That happened to me once. I had a colonoscopy and the local didn't do anything. It took 4 people to hold me down. I was very unhappy and my doc said he would never do that again without general anesthesia. 4 sugeries and 5 colonoscopies over 2 years seems to have given me a tolerance for anesthesia. I am glad that the second surgery got that tumor and I hope you are free and clear from now on.
edit on 2-9-2011 by TruePatriot1685 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Childbirth (4 day natural labour.. 9lb 4ozs baby)
Then abscess in the inner ear. I was actually considering piercing my own ear drum to relieve the pressure at one point. Couldn't stand up. Couldn't eat or drink, because swallowing made me scream. I just laid there with my ear on a hot water bottle and dribbled and cried for a few days.
Thanks to that I'm now prone to inner ear infections, 'used' to the pain now so I just carry on with an ibuprofen or two.

Funtimes.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by showintail

Ok, you win
thats just crazy! I couldnt imagine!! Have you seen that movie AWAKE?

Yeah, showintail,

I cannot watch that movie.......I had to turn it off, bought too many memories back..........Ooh, shiver up the spine..........haha

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by showintail
I have given birth naturally 7 times. Had kidney stones once. Been beaten by grown men. Broken a couple of toes and a wrist.

I've had Kidney Stones twice. There are bearable Kidney Stones and unbearable. When you have the unbearable nothing can compare. You fall down, curl up, and try to get help. If you can move then you have the lesser form.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruePatriot1685

That happened to me once. I had a colonoscopy and the local didn't do anything. It took 4 people to hold me down. I was very unhappy and my doc said he would never do that again without general anesthesia. 4 sugeries and 5 colonoscopies over 2 years seems to have given me a tolerance for anesthesia. I am glad that the second surgery got that tumor and I hope you are free and clear from now on.
edit on 2-9-2011 by TruePatriot1685 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for that TruePatriot1685,

Thankfully and hopfully all my tumor stuff is now over, even though I have to have regular check ups with the knowledge that it could return again within the next 5 years...hopefully not, fingers crossed......but you know where I am coming from with the colonscopy and being awake, while watching the live action on TV, plus the pain..........Oooooooooh, never again my friend, the will have to knock me out with a hammer next time........

all the best to ya........

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Most definitely kidney stones! I had one lodged in my left ureter for two days before they did a helium laser lithotripty. My first wife had them also, and she said they were much worse than labor and childbirth.

#2 for me would be a gout attack.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
has anyone ever experienced the blinding agony of having a dentist drill right down into an open nerve!?,i have and on a scale of 1 to 10 its a 15

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I had a wisdom tooth that had loosened and pinched a nerve. I would have to say that the tooth and child birth is the worst pain EVER.

With my first child I received no pain meds and I thought I was going to die..I don't know HOW women did it all those years without drugs
My 2nd child I made sure to get all the drugs available
)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

i hated childhood because of the many pains, ills and sicknesses that came along. in adulthood, i'll have to agree with others that tooth related pain can be simply epic.

yet the worst pain i recall was in my early 20's (so very long ago). i bent over to pick up a pencil i dropped on the floor at work. threw my back out. it was like having a sword shoved up inside my spine. i was put on anti-inflammatories and painkillers while spending most of my time laying on the floor for the next three months.

people may not think highly of Chiropractors but i thank God for the Dr that gave me daily realignments and made it possible for me to once again stand and walk free from pain.

Ugly Story: my Mom had a boss that was terribly disfigured; the poor man walked like a crab. he told her he used to enjoy sheer-face rock climbing. he fell several hundred feet onto rock and survived (obviously). the man spent over a year in a hospital bed and many years in therapy. he was in constant pain. poor sob, he told my Mom he wishes he had died.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
kidney stones hands down had one cut me from the kidney
all the way out no amount of painkillers helped.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Cluster headache, I suffer from them a few times a year. The pain is just indescribable.
Chronic sufferers have been driven to blow their own brains out rather than live with the
pain, hence their nickname: sucide headaches. Its recognized as physically the most
painful condition known to medicine. A vat of undiluted sulphuric acid to the face would
come as welcome relief during full blown cluster headache..
edit on 2-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

link   
Molar tooth pain and certain allergy to certain t-shirt tincture I painfully discovered I had precisely after a chest massive sunburnt. Both were pains of which I couldnt evade (drugs were useless), really stressful.

link   
edit on 2-9-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

giving "birth" by far the worst pain I have ever felt,although food poisoning was up there too!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I had a colonoscopy as well it wasn't too bad at first then when the scope went way up there it felt like giving birth in reverse

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join