It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dire Metaphysical Warning to all Atheists!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Imagine this..

What if the source of all life is, as quantum physics would suggest, a realm or domain of limitless possibility, yet a person, in their mind and nervous system and in their heart of hearts is prepared to go to any lengths to deny the possibility of either God or of life after life, and are utterly convinced, to the very core of their being that such a thing simply is not and cannot be possible, and that person dies, beleiving that it's "lights out, worm food, yadayadayada" probably in a state of panic and fear if the least bit conscious when it happens..
If God and life after life were then presented as a possibility, freely, but as something representing a loving, free gift (eternal life or life after life) requiring by neccessity, the freedom to choose (or there's no love in it) since there is and must always be choice (also at the heart of quantum physics) - would they choose oblivion, rather than be open to the possibility of God and of life meeting life in eternity? Might they or some of them argue AGAINST the presenter of this gift, and rather ague for their own non-existence, than to accept the possibility of God?
If the Tibbetans are correct, that our state of mind at the point of death matters, then such conditioning (against infinite possibility) represents the very worst possible thing a person can engage in in this life.
Thus, the (hardened) atheist is playing a very high stakes game, very possibily with his own eternal soul, but I don't mean this in the usual "fire and brimestone" sense of the Christian fundamentalists (which removes the free choice of love ie: "believe or be damned"), and yet strangely, it's something that amounts of the same thing (eternal separation from the Godhead via non-existence or non-participation) yet by choice.
I think it's a terrible thing to convince one's self of, the materialist-monist (matter alone is primary) viewpoint, to the exclusion of the possibilty of God at all cost, even if it means the ending of one's own true self, just to "prove a point"...
May they too "get" the cosmic joke prior to the point, of no-return!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So what? We cease to exist, and that's that. We won't care after that.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Which is why I'm warning you now, today at this point in the eternally unfolding present moment!

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You said it. Not existing would be better then you pushing the love of god down my throat, I'd rather cease to exist then listen to y'all ranting all day.
It would please me greatly not to listen to this all night.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Which is why I'm warning you now, today at this point in the eternally unfolding present moment!

I'm not so worked up about remembering nothing before I was born, it would be the same thing after death.

What are you warning me about, something you made up in your own head? So now, I not only have to consider what you've made up that may happen to me after I die, I also have to consider what many others believe may happen to me after I die? Screw that.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
sorry to make my first line so short but, so what?

Religon is a device to guide human morality to the future, where we can leave our animal ways behind (greed being a huge one).

I belive my dog loves me, but ultimatly it wants and easy life and to do that its nice to me so im nice back. Humans are no different, people say they will do anything to protect their familys even murder, which is against so many faiths its amazing.

Religon to me has lost its way, intelligent answers and sceince have taken over simple 'rules', we know its not good for our community to kill somone, we dont need to be afraid of hell for that to be obvious. Yet ironicly religon has killed more people for nothing that almost anything else humans have done to each other.

Im kind of ranting so im gunna just stop there.

link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Nah, from what I see (and remember in the progress of going from past life to past life) once you die, things actually become clearer. You can see life goes on, and all the 'religious' hyperbole and propaganda that gets crammed down our throats here on the physical plane is see-able for exactly what it is.

You have a spirit that will continue on it's mutually agreed upon path which will lead ultimately to your highest good and the highest good of humanity. Some people just take the scenic route, so it takes them longer.

Oh, and there is some urgency now because we are moving into the part of the galaxy that has higher energy frequencies, and this is where we as a species will be able to make full enlightenment. The pressure comes from our unconscious mind realizing we gotta be getting our acts together to make that shift.

And it isn't about love. It's about being the best fullest and most 'true' you possible. With the ability to feel and express ALL your emotions appropriately, anger included. And not being overrun by any of them either.
edit on 1-9-2011 by DragonriderGal because: (no reason given)

link   
I can only speak for myself, but imagine this.

Those who choose not to believe right before death that they are attached to a being that we do not fully understand, and are aware that this is a man made story, are forced to remain here, do to having a connection to earthly commitments, as opposed to having an open mind to other possibilities.

I am agnostic, and IMHO, I hold no attachment to anyone or thing in this realm. I choose to leave my mind open to any and all possibilities, and will never try to claim "absolutes" in this world.

Since there is no way of really knowing what happens in the "afterlife" I think that anyone that holds true to one thing is making a mistake.... but then again thats my own opinion.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I think it's a terrible thing to convince one's self of, the materialist-monist (matter alone is primary) viewpoint, to the exclusion of the possibilty of God at all cost, even if it means the ending of one's own true self

I think it's terrible to have to "convince" ones self that there is a giant magic man in the sky just because you can't comprehend that you will come to an end. Everything comes to an end. Such hubris and self importance. pathetic really.
Normally I am a live and let live kind of person, but I am really getting annoyed by all the athiest bashing on this site. Why can't you people just focus on the life instead of focusing all of your attention on death. It's really none of your business what happens to the athiest when they die. Worry about your OWN situation.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Atheists think that since Christians are so dumb and there are falsehoods in the bible...that there can't be a god.

They are sorely mistaken. The bible was altered by evil people for more than a thousand years. Of course, it will be wrong.

That's why you must find the truth and the light on your own. Reading ancient texts helps, but the best way to reach god is through oneself.

Existence is bigger than you know. You can't even comprehend infinity.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well if you religious folk stopped inventing these gods and hells, there'd be less things to worry about wouldn't there.

Don't blame atheists who don't wish to get washed away with your fairy stories, blame the christians, muslims and other such religions who keep inventing cruel ways of affecting people by their beliefs in whatever it is they believe.

I'd rather have an eternity of peace and nothingness over your ideas of heaven full of suicide bombers and such.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I refer the OP to Monty Python

"you come from nothing and you're goin back to nothing, what've you lost?... nothing" - Life of Brian

Theres nothing at all scary about oblivion. Its the process of getting there thats scary.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Well if you religious folk stopped inventing these gods and hells, there'd be less things to worry about wouldn't there.

Don't blame atheists who don't wish to get washed away with your fairy stories, blame the christians, muslims and other such religions who keep inventing cruel ways of affecting people by their beliefs in whatever it is they believe.

I'd rather have an eternity of peace and nothingness over your ideas of heaven full of suicide bombers and such.

Blame the Illuminati and their various organizations across time. They are the ones who invented 'religion' as a means to better control humanity.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Religion is a set of beliefs that there is a basic higher knowledge than us, and life is more than what we percieve.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Outside of my personal beliefs or hopes; no one knows what awaits beyond death, except the deceased.

Regardless of what awaits us after death, most people will be wrong anyway, because our beliefs have splintered and branched so far that there is not one single majority belief of what lies beyond death. If the Christians are right, everyone else will be wrong. If the Buddhists are right, everyone else will be wrong. If Hindus are right, everyone else will be wrong. If Dynastic Egypt is right, everyone else is wrong. Etc., etc., etc.

Since most people will be wrong about what to expect after death, we all might as well face it with an open mind and no fear.... just go with the flow and see what happens.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I get so weary of 'believers' trying to make out that not believing in a god or other geographically inspired phenomena is tantamount to being a bad human being. Aethism is a stance on unsubstantiated belief and not a reflection of a persons moral or spiritual character. Please read 'The Book of Atheist Spirituality' by Andre Compte-Sponville (Bantam Press 2006). I am an atheist, but have a profound spiritual life, and see beauty and creation as wonderful mysteries that we cannot ever fully understand but I am touched deeply by the impermanence of all things including this tenuous life and the unknowable mystery that follows.
I am vegetarian and will never knowingly cause death or suffering to any sentient creature as I respect life in all its fragility. My heart is full of love and I view compassion as the greatest human virtue there is.
I would gladly lay down my life for my children in a heartbeat and try to live each day with no regrets by doing no harm or causing no suffering to anyone.

But because I don't believe that somebody (its always male isn't it!) created all this amazing cosmos just to force their creation to love them and worship them and he really cares what I do and who I have sex with and will damn me or reward me accordingly I am doomed.

If that is your heaven, eternity in servile submission to an omnipotent jealous petulant being.
Give me oblivion and let me enjoy my short time to love on this earth in peace.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Sorry.. a bit confused here...

are you saying that Atheists who are comfortable and at peace with the idea that there is no god or afterlife should be careful because by believing that, there will not be an afterlife for them?

Where is the warning here?

link   
It could be that in opting off the merry go round and jumping into oblivion is the only way to learn how to fly. I am in no rush to get off this ride but when its over I will not fear the freedom

link   

Originally posted by Warpthal
reply to post by Biigs

Religion is a set of beliefs that there is a basic higher knowledge than us, and life is more than what we percieve.

and what has that got to do with not eating pork, or praising cows, or issuing violent jihad?

I belive religon has some connections to the universe in some ways, perhaps just a single collective beilf. If you can dream it it exists some where kinda philosephy. This is why i remain agnostic, i belive there is somthing to it but i dont think anyone has it "right" as it always seems to come with things that dont make much sense as well as the things that do.

I apprichiate you challening my rant though,
edit on 1-9-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Ghost375

They are sorely mistaken. The bible was altered by evil people for more than a thousand years. Of course, it will be wrong.

WTF..?

The bible was written by evil people, and continued to be altered for some time after as agendas shifted...

And let me get this straight - a god penned the original only to have mere humans plagiarize and deface his glorious work..?

You ignorant followers need to find a new super hero - the current one has lost his powers and needs replacing...you may want to try the local mental ward, just make sure to bring some paint chips, otherwise you won't get the time of day.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join