It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dire Metaphysical Warning to all Atheists!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Imagine this..

What if the source of all life is, as quantum physics would suggest, a realm or domain of limitless possibility, yet a person, in their mind and nervous system and in their heart of hearts is prepared to go to any lengths to deny the possibility of either God or of life after life, and are utterly convinced, to the very core of their being that such a thing simply is not and cannot be possible, and that person dies, beleiving that it's "lights out, worm food, yadayadayada" probably in a state of panic and fear if the least bit conscious when it happens..
If God and life after life were then presented as a possibility, freely, but as something representing a loving, free gift (eternal life or life after life) requiring by neccessity, the freedom to choose (or there's no love in it) since there is and must always be choice (also at the heart of quantum physics) - would they choose oblivion, rather than be open to the possibility of God and of life meeting life in eternity? Might they or some of them argue AGAINST the presenter of this gift, and rather ague for their own non-existence, than to accept the possibility of God?
If the Tibbetans are correct, that our state of mind at the point of death matters, then such conditioning (against infinite possibility) represents the very worst possible thing a person can engage in in this life.
Thus, the (hardened) atheist is playing a very high stakes game, very possibily with his own eternal soul, but I don't mean this in the usual "fire and brimestone" sense of the Christian fundamentalists (which removes the free choice of love ie: "believe or be damned"), and yet strangely, it's something that amounts of the same thing (eternal separation from the Godhead via non-existence or non-participation) yet by choice.
I think it's a terrible thing to convince one's self of, the materialist-monist (matter alone is primary) viewpoint, to the exclusion of the possibilty of God at all cost, even if it means the ending of one's own true self, just to "prove a point"...
May they too "get" the cosmic joke prior to the point, of no-return!

Well, when i die, if i fall out of a cloud and land butt naked infront of ST.Peter and he says "you can come in if you want to accept God and chill with J.C, but once your in you cant leave untill banished, or your other option is to not exist at all", i`d ask him where the food is at !! But , going from what i have gathered over the years, christianity, infact most, if not all religions and spiritual beleifs, come from worshiping the sun the moon and the stars, you see, when you look at the likes of the mayans , early civilisations came from times where sitting around a fire eating a yak`s head and looking at the stars was an every day thing, ALOT of stories were created, alot of minds ran wild, and it all got out of hand. Right now weve got education and all that crap to make ourselves feel special , and distant from them earlier civilisations, but when i look around, i see a world full of confused urban cave men, and some people are still worshiping stars and the sun and thinking about magical pixies and "becoming one"
. Man-kind hasnt really come that far from the caves, we just pretend we have, the sooner you "HOLIER THAN THOU" types realise that, this whole world would become a better place. Religion has caused more wars than Atheism -->FACT

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Yes, agnostic has a believe in a higher being...but does not believe in the religions of this earth. I guess that is what I am.

I do think however whether a you are a christian, muslim, jew, atheist, agnostic...whatever....that does not really define who you REALLY really are....all will be returned to the source. That does not mean that you can be a horrible person here in the physical realm....you should pursue a life of purpose and service to the creation of good. For your own sake, you will be happier, balanced and more fulfilled for your time in this earthly existence.

So I disagree with the OP. I believe every spirit returns to source no matter what they believe.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

ha ha funny!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
I don't believe in a god or the creator of all life in the universe, I find that very stupid.
However I do believe in highly advanced beings who are just like us (not in appearance, you know what I mean,) who have been alive for billions of years.

Interesting...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

What if the source of all life is, as quantum physics would suggest, a realm or domain of limitless possibility, yet a person, in their mind and nervous system and in their heart of hearts is prepared to go to any lengths to deny the possibility of free will, creative possibility and altruism and are utterly convinced, to the very core of their being that such a thing simply is not and cannot be possible. Then that person's life sucks ass.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I've seen things from the other side. Metaphysical naturalism was knocked out of question from a pretty early age. I do feel sorry for those who believe that lie.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Yes, agnostic has a believe in a higher being...but does not believe in the religions of this earth. I guess that is what I am.

I do think however whether a you are a christian, muslim, jew, atheist, agnostic...whatever....that does not really define who you REALLY really are....all will be returned to the source. That does not mean that you can be a horrible person here in the physical realm....you should pursue a life of purpose and service to the creation of good. For your own sake, you will be happier, balanced and more fulfilled for your time in this earthly existence.

So I disagree with the OP. I believe every spirit returns to source no matter what they believe.

I do too, although I do believe before one perfects back to the said source we are in different realms experiencing on different levels of existence. Each is a spin off of the last towards perfection based on the energy one holds within realms.

It makes sense to me.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think there are a lot of assumptions being made on both sides here.....In your original question NewAgeMan you seem to assume that there each being only lives one lifetime, and if in that life if they are a die-hard atheist then this is where they will screw things up after death.

And the atheists seem to assume that not only is spirituality synonymous with organised religion, but there is nothing out there that cannot be measured with today’s scientific instruments or perceived with our physical senses, which themselves are merely tools with inherent limitations.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neysa
I think it's terrible to have to "convince" ones self that there is a giant magic man in the sky just because you can't comprehend that you will come to an end. Everything comes to an end. Such hubris and self importance. pathetic really.
Normally I am a live and let live kind of person, but I am really getting annoyed by all the athiest bashing on this site. Why can't you people just focus on the life instead of focusing all of your attention on death. It's really none of your business what happens to the athiest when they die. Worry about your OWN situation.

WELL SAID.

Consider my voice a second to this sentiment.
edit on 9/1/2011 by DieBravely because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

This is all good and well. I was an atheist for a time. Organized religion and its foundations are what caused me to turn from the idea of a god, an afterlife, and religion. Then I had a profound experience.

Now I tend to say that I am agnostic, so it is all good

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Having to make a choice which will affect you for eternity based on a limited human understanding and in the absence of any scientific evidence does not sound at all loving to me.

Lets say this was the case anyway. Who is it that must make the choice and continue for eternity or cease to exist? "You" must be a constant, right? If who you are is constantly changing then there is no separate "you", you are a function of the environment and therefore one with the environment/universe.

If "you" are not your name, not your job, not your physical body, not your personality, then who are you? Who exactly is going to go on to experience an eternal after-life?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I would rather keep my options open.

Since No one has a clear picture of what god really is, so pledging yourself blindly to him could have dire consequences for you.

What if the god you chose is really just some creepy dude named elroy and your stuck washing his car for eternity.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
So, Newageman, gonna just ignore me and hope I go away? Or?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Is that really what I've done or tried to do in this thread? to try to usurp or deny an atheist the absolute freedom to believe as they wish, even to the degree of honoring them and their freedom to choose what to believe or not to believe? I did apologize already, but I will again if need be, for the hysterical nature of the title of this thread. I am really only trying to provoke consideration of alternative paradigms or frames of reference worth considering perhaps. If it just doesn't work for you that's fine by me. Love demands of us that we be willing to give up the need to be right at any and all cost, for the sale of love and friendship, and you of course are perfectly entitled to believe that you yourself will not exist in the future, whereas I am entitled to believe that at the most fundamental level, my very being, and becoming is already eternal, right now.

But it hardly seems fair for me to go rushing in, without at least holding the door open, for you to go on in yourself and give it an openminded and open-ended examination, a "look see" if you will.

So consider this thread not an atheist attack thread by any means, but instead an open invitation to consider the mere possibility that there really is a doorway into another domain, or realm somewhere we're not seeing, and yet can easily intuit, being already an intrinsic part of an eternal, cosmic evolutionary process. Because we already know and understand, spiritually, that we, our true self was never a "thing", but a process, a becoming.

So why not at least go on in and check out the scene? There's a part yand a celebration going on in there somewhere I know it! My only problem or predicament here, is that I'm like the LAST guy in the line, being here as the first with the invitation extended, manning the door - I can't go inside and actually see and experience it, firsthand, for myself, fully and completely, until everyone eventually goes together, as another poster mentioned, or at the very least is given the opportunity to do so, that's the intent here.

The final object of all our pursuit can only include everyone, through unity in the celebration of diversity. so while I have absolutely no dought whatsoever, that there's an eternal celebration - I am here to tell you my friend that it's only ever been you, and me, and everyone here on THIS planet, of ALL places, that the party is being thrown on behalf of! We who are also the last or the "new kid on the block" but in being last, are the very cause of the celebration, for all who've been waiting for this moment, from age to age in eternity. We are the sons and daughters of love and light, come of age, the creation redeemed by our own God-realization, because when we realize God, God is also realized through us, and then we know, not by reason, but by personal, spiritual experience, that life itself is a mighty joke at death's expense. We come to see face to face clearly, and know as we are known.

So I'm not afraid of death either, but for an entirely different reason than "won't know any different". I'm not afraid of death quite simply, because I don't believe in it, it has no meaning or significance in my personal experience.

"That's easy for him to say while he's alive" you might say to yourself, but it could mean simply that death is a joke to me, an absurdity without any reason, purpose or significance of any kind, and if I'm already sandwiched between two eternities, and life is still evolving, how is it more reasonable to believe that my final destiny, and origin is forever nothing at all? Like where this moment come from if not eternity?

Just food for thought..

edit on 1-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

My friend, you fail to recognize that religion and spirituality are two very different things. God isn't a religion, its a spiritual bond that's eternal.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DrinkYourDrug

I like the jib of your sail....or is it the cut of your jib or "somesuch"...is somesuch even a word? Whatever ...I like your thoughts!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
OP...God is not a person...do not personalize...

What if....God is uncomprehensible...in that there is no human way or possibility of calculation on earth to even understand the Omnipresentness of God....and I believe that God is not a he or a she sitting on a cloud making directives...if anything...that would be middle management! And, why on "God's" Green Earth...would WE be so special out of all the universe to warrant such attention by God????

That is a good question for another thread!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Warpthal

As they say in AA - "Religion is for people who wish to avoid going to hell. Spirituality is for people who have already been there!"

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
you can't convince an atheist about anything. their minds are stone. they just find life easier when they deny Gods existence because the devil leaves them alone when they do.

as soon as they start looking for God and answers they start to go nuts. their safe little illusionary world changes and they are soon confronted with the fact, that a battle for your soul and destruction is being fought every second of every minute of every day and that you have to take up arms and sides. there are no sidelines.

basically they are weak minded and fearful individuals who take all along their path in life, the path of least resistance. and the path of least resistance is destruction.

they hide behind the nations military, stealth bombers and nuclear missiles to protect them. but when these weapons are turned on them, the fear alone will kill them.

they don't take up their cross. so their opinions are meaningless.

they would rather be blind, deaf and dumb to the things in the world around us, than fight and resist evil.

they chose the world and the world leaves them alone. me, i prefer to fight.

edit on 1-9-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

May they recognize as much potential for humor in your post as I do and not be offended and as a result lust for verbal vengeance and retribution... let them smugly turn the other cheek convinced that you just proved them right for the strong personal conviction that any such God, if he exists, has the wrong set of followers..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join