It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Population=7 Billion by 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
There was a thread on here about the population of Earth reaching 7 Billion by 2012.

Well, its official that its coming sooner than you think.

Also, this is a cool video

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What can i say, the planet needs to be cut a brake. I know it sounds bad but bring on a world changing natural disaster. I've got to the point where i think its the only way this race will sort itself out

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There is enough of earth to support many times that number of people.

We are a greedy generation and are not making the best moves for our chiildrens children, while id like to see a glimpse of the future i hesitate to wonder if its 'better' for it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

We are a greedy generation and are not making the best moves for our chiildrens children, while id like to see a glimpse of the future i hesitate to wonder if its 'better' for it.
your not actually RIGHT.. unfortuanatly. the ppl are becoming to much to feed, almost not enough food,soon test tube meat will have to be made, we already have to use genetically engineered food withc isnt good:/ im sure the governments are very happy knowing that number

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Everyone talks about over population, you don't hear much about human replacement statistics though....

They are definitely trimming the hedges now to prevent over growth in the coming generations. Screwing with nature will have it's costs.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Lets start by sterilizing everyone from third world countries.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89

your not actually RIGHT.. unfortuanatly. the ppl are becoming to much to feed, almost not enough food,soon test tube meat will have to be made, we already have to use genetically engineered food withc isnt good:/ im sure the governments are very happy knowing that number

have you any idea of the amount of land and water is available to grow food?

Its simply massive and more ideas for growing more food per square meter are being devised all the time, feeding them all is no issue.

Ask yourself about the starving poeple, if their goverment arranged it, it could put in pipe lines ot run water to remote areas, and you have hundreds of thousand people to work on it for them selfs which is all they ever wanted for their fasmiles ANYWAY.

so yes ofc its possible its just not possible with current attitudes or corruption levels.

Its very possible.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I just saw this vid in my Intro to Physical Anthropology class on tuesday...wierd. The thing I liked about it though is that they emphasized the insignificance of our massive numbers in relation to the size of the world and that the real problems we face are not due to overpopulation but to an imbalance in consumption. Its very true.

Anyways, read in my anthro textbook that the population is projected to increase by 1 bil per 11 years. So by the time Im 70, the global population will be around 12-14 billion...that is of course if we survive the next year given the fact that every day until dec 21 2012 basically has been predicted to be the last.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

oh my god....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88b2a4acc8ec.jpg[/atsimg]

why don´t you take the lead?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Really? Reaaaaally??? That has got to be one of the worst knee jerk reactions I've seen here. Judging if a person can procreate because of where they come from, and nothing else. I originally come from South Africa, so by your logic, I should have been sterilised!

edit on 1-9-2011 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Is there some kind of fear of population I wonder

Sterilizing and what not?

I left for two hours and look what this turned into.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
Is there some kind of fear of population I wonder

Sterilizing and what not?

I left for two hours and look what this turned into.

You should ignore the sterilization comment.

By the time the population get anywhere NEAR the means to supprot it, we are talking abouts hundreds of thousands of years from now (possibly) we will also have learned to cope with the food issue by means of a focus of scientific research into the problem, its not a problem now so we arnt dealing with it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Has anyone considered the possibility that population figures might just be skewed? Of course not! Right?

And has anyone considered that the reason there are food and water shortages in any given place, and at any given time, is because someone wants there to be shortages? Real and imagined? Of course not! Riiiight.

Carry on.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
We need more people. More people = more minds to come up with solutions to problems. Typically the starving populations in the world are starving because of corrupt governments and lack of infrastructure. Send a loaf of bread to an African country and some warlord gets his morning toast. If he doesnt get it itll be rotted away by time you hike it through 50 miles of rugged terrain to get to that remote village.

Over population has been a fear mongered for the last 150 or so years. In another 150 years our great great grandkids will be laughing at the little 7 billion population. Even if the way the get around is by walking on the heads of chinamen

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Why you say that, because they are not white? You should be sterilized for saying such a horrible thing. The real problem is the governments are withholding food in those areas and want them to starve.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
good

once all 7billion of us are in, then the show can finaly start.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The more people there is on earth, the more we use and Mother Nature will eventually have had enough. We have already seen it with hurricane Irene. No matter how much we prepare ourselves for natural disastors they will always be far too devistating. But also, how many of these 7 billion people are homeless and hungry?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89

have you any idea of the amount of land and water is available to grow food?

Its simply massive and more ideas for growing more food per square meter are being devised all the time, feeding them all is no issue.

Ask yourself about the starving poeple, if their goverment arranged it, it could put in pipe lines ot run water to remote areas, and you have hundreds of thousand people to work on it for them selfs which is all they ever wanted for their fasmiles ANYWAY.

so yes ofc its possible its just not possible with current attitudes or corruption levels.

Its very possible.

I live in Illinois.

I drive through 65 to 75 miles of corn and bean fields every day on my way to work. I often wonder if it is the people that are living in cubicles in some big city that has never seen a cow in their life that come up with the food shortage thing.......

I personally believe that the state of Illinois could feed the US if needed. Maybe one other state but still.....
edit on 2-9-2011 by liejunkie01 because: living

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Why them might i ask sir?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
7 billion you say...

We are in population overshoot right now, a species spawned on the falsehood of infinite growth are about to meet the reality of a finite and depleted resource world. The terms will be non-negotiable.

The crash is coming, and 2 billion will get to experience the joys of eating the last major calorie resource on the planet...the other 5 billion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join