It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Population=7 Billion by 2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I dont really understand how folks see the world as over populated. Yes, cities are, but the world is far from packed or near capacity. We are perfectly capable of feeding the world at this time yet when you can't make money at it why do it? That is the major mentality which causes the most issues imo. I dont personally believe mother earth is an entity of sorts or will take some truly directed action although I am sure there will be natural disasters that will curb the population here and there over time. The mindset of the whole of mankind is the issue not the numbers onboard.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Why is this surprising or even news?
We've been 6.5 billion for what, 15-20 years now?
Honestly, how long did you expect the population to stay at that range before expanding?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
Why is this surprising or even news?
We've been 6.5 billion for what, 15-20 years now?
Honestly, how long did you expect the population to stay at that range before expanding?

Hey genius, in the last 15 to 20 years we've also added Google to help research basic facts...

World population in 1990 5,278,639,789

almost 2 billion population growth in the last 20.8 years

edit on 2-9-2011 by Count Chocula because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2011 by Count Chocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Count Chocula

Yeah, thanks for the pointless personal attack there buddy.
Considering the fact that by its very nature population growth is exponential, again, why is it so surprising that it should reach 7billion by this year?
Honestly, i'm surprised it didn't reach that five years ago.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
reply to post by Count Chocula

Yeah, thanks for the pointless personal attack there buddy.
Considering the fact that by its very nature population growth is exponential, again, why is it so surprising that it should reach 7billion by this year?
Honestly, i'm surprised it didn't reach that five years ago.

Wasn't a personal attack 'bud' you made an ignorant statement and I called you out for it.

Now show me one paper, one piece of research, that supports your claim that 'by its very nature population growth is exponential' and then show me what happens when any type of organism experiences this exponential growth.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Humans can elect to donate their organs or even entire bodies to science and/or medicine, it saves lives via kidney /liver/heart /transplants.
Perhaps in the future we can also donate a leg or arm or whole body upon death to feed the starving masses?

A cooked human could feed an entire third world family for weeks?

Cannabilism was practised by African people in the past, they would perhaps welcome eating a western diet?

As an idea to solve world hunger it may be a very good one.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK

Originally posted by Fitch303
Lets start by sterilizing everyone from third world countries.

Why them might i ask sir?

Because third world countries seem to have the largest number of people who continue to procreate knowing they cannot feed their own children.

-South Africa is NOT a third world country.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chopper

Originally posted by Fitch303
Lets start by sterilizing everyone from third world countries.

Why you say that, because they are not white?

The race card? I made no mention of race in my post, yet when you read my statement you made the connection between poor people and race........so who's really racist?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Everyone should plant atleast one Tree, and we will call it national Tree day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join