It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is China Planning a Surprise Missile Attack?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I highly recommend everyone read this article, it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up, chilling, is all I can say. Please, please, take time to prepare yourself and family if you haven't already done so. Visit the survival forum here on ATS, there is much useful information there.

A retired Chinese general recently revealed that his country might be planning a surprise missile attack on the United States. The public comment of Xu Guangyu came in response to WikiLeaks revelations that last year Washington had warned its allies beforehand of China’s test of a missile interceptor.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, in a classified cable sent last January 9th, instructed American embassies in Australia, Britain, Canada, and New Zealand to notify those countries of upcoming Chinese launches two days later. The cable included details of the launch sites for the interceptor and the target, the models of the missiles, the purpose of the test, and the test date.
www.worldaffairsjournal.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Apparently, and thanks to your post, it is no longer a surprise.

And . . . it ain't gonna happen. If you had a grocery store and you were pretty much the only grocery store in town, would you poison all your customers.

They ain't gonna decimate their biggest market!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorVeritas

My only question would be "WHY?"..........

What would they gain?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

What would they gain?
the land?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

What land?

Any hostilities would lead to nukes and unusable land in both countries for sure...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

What would they gain?
Well in the article it stated that they would like the U.S. to butt out of their affairs with Taiwan. And probably to knock us down a peg or two.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
Apparently, and thanks to your post, it is no longer a surprise.

And . . . it ain't gonna happen. If you had a grocery store and you were pretty much the only grocery store in town, would you poison all your customers.

They ain't gonna decimate their biggest market!!
God I hope you're right but since when has China doe anything rational?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
In the years between the 1st and 2nd world war Didn't the US and it's allies plan all sorts of confrontations with each other as well as other states..

So if allies and friends can consider plans to attack each other I would be surprised if China didn't have a plan to strike the US or others and similarly I would be surprised if the US and others didn't have plans of their own.

I guess I take the position that only in planning something like this can we see how futile such an endeavour would be.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
What the general said was probably misinterpreted in translation, then seized upon by
sensationalists such as Alex jones ect, sounds like nonsense to me.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
What a load of Nonsense.

As someone already stated, WHY?

If China wanted to really screw the US there are better ways for them to do it without launching a whole load of ICBM's.

MR

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
If they attacked Washington DC only, the US citizens could live with that.

Probably the only way we could get this country back on the right track.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
If the economy collapses which it will i don't think they would care

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
What the general said was probably misinterpreted in translation, then seized upon by
No it wasn't Alex Jones, did you even click on the link of the source I provided before spouting off?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorVeritas

Originally posted by Atzil321
No it wasn't Alex Jones, did you even click on the link of the source I provided before spouting off?

no way they launch,

lol, it's too funny.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Well you hear all sorts of crazy secretr things the USA is upto with underground bases, aliens, corperations, genetic messing etc

Heard any of that about china?

I bet they have plenty of secret things going on possibly more insane than the states, so this wouldnt supprise me if they have a plan to, weather or not they will as discussed already leads to the question, why?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
China has less nukes than does Israel. I dont think they will launch an attack on the US. The US has THOUSANDS and could decimate mainland China with EASE and still have thousands leftover.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
China always has a surprise up it's sleeve as evident by the following joke..

Picture three men all working for the same construction company.

At the beginning of the day the boss comes out and says to the Hispanic man, "You're in charge of the cement."

Then he said to the Polish guy, "You're in charge of the dirt."

Then he said to the Chinese man, "You're in charge of the supplies."

So they all go off to go get their work done.

At the end of the day, the boss comes back to check on their work. He looks at the big pile of cement and goes, "Good work," to the Hispanic man then he looks at the big pile of dirt and says, "Good work," to the [Polish man. Then he couldn't find the Chinese man so he asks, "Where the heck is the Chinese guy??"

All of a sudden, the Chinese guy jumps out from behind the big pile of dirt and yells, " SUPPLIES!"

Hopefully i didnt offend anyone...apologies if I did.

LOL all jokes aside, it would be very foolish for this to be executed, I doubt there is any truth to this and if there was we would be in the middle fo the 2nd cold war...I dont see any signs outside of the debt situation pointing at a China strike - and i doubt money would make them strike first on a country so well armed.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Krystian because: SP

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
China would be foolish not to have a plan of attack against us.

Just like we spy and prepare for them, they are doing the same for us.

The US aggression of the early 21st century will ultimately lead to conflict. It's just a matter of when the bombs begin to fall.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well, if they do strike the US...does that mean we still owe them?

I'm pretty sure it would wipe the record clean, along with others things on the planets surface.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
What a twisted way to interpret a statement.

It is true. If the US has a spie on the ground, China can't plan an attack. What part of that statement even begins to imply that they are therefore, or already have planned one?

There would be no point. They would benkrupt themselves, they are the largest internation holder of US bonds, to the tune of BILLIONS!!!!!

So...... what if they did? The US defence systems and 'Star Wars' defence would knock them all out long before landfall. Then the Chinese defence system would knock out all the US misiiles, and it's back to good old fashioned fisty cuffs. Two grumpy super powers and the rest rest of the world getting on with it. Sound familiar?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join