It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What or Who is God? What is Heaven and Hell?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well, people are going to flame me, but read the bible and ask God to reveal Himself.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

I think the OP's first sentence said it all...God is nothing and everything! Way to go OP!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
we are god. god is all. good and evil. black and white. heads and tails. same coin. its all a manifestation of his consciousness - of OUR consciousness. God is the primordial writer. We are his imagination.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

People must discover in their own time. And it is certainly too bad that people are so entrenched in a falsehood...(not going to call it a lie, because there are some truths involved), to the point that these ceremonies and traditions are so much part of culture and cannot be given up due to the absolute loss of a person's identity, that is a travesty.

I would say, some of the bible's (teachings) may be true...as in the golden rule and good, honest decent teachings. However, Jesus did not ever once say to worship him. More likely he wanted you to Be Like Him.

Look outside of the "bible" box and even if you research other religions, you will come to understand there are only a couple "foundational or fundamental" values and messages.

For one to become enlightened requires a lot of work.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
God is everyone and everything.

You can make hell of your reality or you can make heaven of it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorSatan

God is infinite.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I know 100 percent what I'm talking about. Because like most people I can't find my head from my arse.

So with that being said I will humbly state what I believe.

The further you go out into space the closer you get to yourself. The further you reach inward the further you go into space. It's all one in the same.

Have you ever seen a picture of the what is supposed to be the outermost reaches of our universe and thought wow that looks like the inner workings of the brain. Or thought that must be what our nervous system looks like.

Size and space have no boundary it's infinite. So to is god. If god is infinite everything we see and percieve is god. You are god I'am god. Everything is god. And because everything is god it counter balances everything to seem "normal".

Heaven and hell is what you make it. Having your favorite video game broken could be hell. Having the most beautiful girl down the hall in your dorm flirt with you could be heaven. Infact bothe scenarios could be both. You might marry that girl and down the road she takes you for all your worth. That video game breaking might be the very thing that causes you to spend more time more needed.

It's all in what you make of it. Karma plays a big role in heaven and hell to. But there again it's what you make it. Some dogma's of the reincarnation variety believe that it takes 49 days or so to be reborn again. I suppose that is the cool down effect for living many lives.

But lets be honest does being reborn mean you have to come back as something that is "alive"? I think not. As everything is energy in some way shape or form everything is alive. Just not how we percieve or are taught what is alive.

So for all we know you might come back as some newly produced resource by a planet as even our earth very slowly ofcourse replenishes resources lost. Sounds crazy I know but the energy put forth into the chair your sitting on had to come from somewhere. How do you know that energy wasnt a dead relative? We don't therefore we must respect everything as we would want it us.

Your hell might be that you come back as a childs toy that gets thrown in the microwave. Though you might not percieve it consciously like you do now. The atoms that make up that toy would be punished all the same.

I think people truly forget just how fragile things really are. The world and life with all it's glories seems so unbreakable yet it is the most fragile.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I think that I am almost at the point where I don't even think Karma comes into play. Who really knows...People say Karma is this and that...could be another "trap" to get you to conform...Who really knows...just threw another monkey wrench out there.

All I really know is ME! And I know that I am not evil...I am good and happy (for the most part), but for some reason, I have a need to analyze these topics....like religion or awakening or salvation or rebellion...I've gone into these topics with an open mind...only to come out sometimes with a more narrow vision....so..

Just keep an open mind...do the research..that's all I can say!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

People say Karma is this and that...could be another "trap" to get you to conform.

And thats lunatic gnostic paranoia.

You realize when you think that way, your theologizing the world around you.

Who says this world is a world meant to make us conform?

We are ALWAYS, whether we like it or care to admit it, slave to patterns. Thats just how it is. Our DNA is patterns, the weather is patterns, our moods are patterns. We are slaves to the pattern, and you cannot ever ever escape it.

Anyways, proper behavior, whether your religious or not, is a moral prerogative. It is not right - and you yourself wouldnt like it - to be mean to other people. Its the golden rule; it is incredibly simplistic, and almost all humans - who arent deluded egotists - can agree is the right and just way to conduct yourself with other humans.

Also, consider this possibility. We all know that we attract the objects of our thought toward us. If i am completely sure about something - and i mean, not even the subtlest degree of doubt exists, that reality will eventually merge with my universe. So, if you think "morality" enslaves you to the demiurge - as you probably imagine - you can separate yourself consciously from the reality you deny. Belief is all that matters here. Youve identified with a completely antinomian reality, and so connect with that principle. Is the principle true, or is it simply an object of belief? In anycase, maybe the 'good' that comes of this conscious decision to deny morality, and so shirk the 'demiurge' , is merely you drawing what you want towards you. This is where the concept of Karma - universal in the ancient world (in Judaism its called measure for measure, basically, the universe can be seen as a pendulum, which needs to be balanced in order to maintain its order) comes into affect. If the universe is CONSCIOUS, as Karma necessarily implies, and seeks to maintain a moral equity between sentient beings with the power of free will, it evidently rewards human behavior based on what that person truly values. If he chases his hearts desires, and he has a philosophy (no matter how convoluted or 'deep') which allows him to indulge, then, the concept of justice, or Karma, rewards a person in the terms he would appreciate it. Thus, the good he does will probably return to him as some good in this world, while the evil he does, will become repressed, just as he has repressed it within his own unconscious, beneath layers of personal beliefs/delusions, and wont be metted out until he dies ie; enters a state of total unconsciousness, where these repressed entities meet their creator.

Seems pretty logical, no?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
reply to post by 547000

People must discover in their own time. And it is certainly too bad that people are so entrenched in a falsehood...(not going to call it a lie, because there are some truths involved), to the point that these ceremonies and traditions are so much part of culture and cannot be given up due to the absolute loss of a person's identity, that is a travesty.

I would say, some of the bible's (teachings) may be true...as in the golden rule and good, honest decent teachings. However, Jesus did not ever once say to worship him. More likely he wanted you to Be Like Him.

Look outside of the "bible" box and even if you research other religions, you will come to understand there are only a couple "foundational or fundamental" values and messages.

For one to become enlightened requires a lot of work.

There is no doubt that we are commanded to be holy and carry our own cross. But to me there is no doubt the crucifixion is true, the Holy Spirit is true, and hell is true, because what I asked from God I received. If enlightenment means to be blind to the simple and hard to intellectualize truth many people are enlightened, to their own peril.
edit on 2-9-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadLights

so god is everything, then why call it god? call it nature.

i love discussing god. im atheist bring it on

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
reply to post by vjr1113

I think the OP's first sentence said it all...God is nothing and everything! Way to go OP!

god is nothing and everything...

way to make sense haha

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

I think that I am almost at the point where I don't even think Karma comes into play. Who really knows...People say Karma is this and that...could be another "trap" to get you to conform...Who really knows...just threw another monkey wrench out there.

"Karma" has been so twisted by people and their beliefs that is has lost its original meaning. There is no system of cosmic justice.

Buddhist philosophy originally described karma as the inter-dependent origination of all the forms as phases of life. It is based on the philosophy that we are all the same true self (that we all are the universe experiencing itself subjectively) and therefore we are doing everything. Therefore anything "you" (your true self) do you do to yourself (since you are everything).

All I really know is ME!

And you are you? Who's the real you?

In other words, how do you define yourself?

By the way, thanks for your praise on the other thread, I appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

No, thats pantheism God = nature.

God if he is truly God, is panENtheistic, which means God is the world, yet also beyond the world.

This is how the Sufis and Kabbalists look at the world. Covers all possibilites.
edit on 2-9-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

by everything i mean the universe, what more is there than the universe?

so the only other option is god is transcendental, which i have a problem with.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

If by transcendental, you mean unknowable, whats the problem? Its a symptom of existence. You can either deny what is logically apparent to any created finite being, or you can accept it, and wala, problem solved.

I find some people, in my opinion, are too motivated by egotistical ideas when they talk about God. They want to limit him, and so by limiting Him, possibly give themselves greater leeway.

I think when you talk about God, you include what exists - the physical and spiritual worlds, and what does not exist (or has yet to exist, and so exists in potentia). It covers all grounds. It to me is logical, and also humble. It ascribes to God all possibilities.

But alas, this is an ancient debate. People seem to always look at this from different perspectives.
edit on 2-9-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think there is one or more energy fields that controls everything.
I believe there is a certain path we all need to walk it with up and downs,when we get born when we die.
And about religions ; it was ment to be a good way of living,too bad it was controlled by the wrong people.
The beast 666 was predicted: What if you were the beast ,can you go to heaven afterall?
Or did hell saved a spot for you?
I dont believe in a heaven or a hell.I do believe in after life with no bad feelings at all,where every soul is equall.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

When god reveal him self to you,you would be crazy and mentally ill

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Well, people are going to flame me, but read the bible and ask God to reveal Himself.

When god reveal him self to you ,you would be crazy and mentally ill ; a doctor would say.
edit on 2-9-2011 by mprins998 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mprins998
reply to post by 547000

When god reveal him self to you,you would be crazy and mentally ill

And yet many saints were quite mentally balanced. It's only crazy and mentally ill because people pretend to believe in God but really do not.
edit on 2-9-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Actually, its common knowledge that theres a very thin line between 'prophecy' and psychosis. Theyre very near each other.

The difference between the two is this; the psychotic is being over run by his unconscious, whereas the 'prophet' or mystic controls the powers within himself.

Both, if you were to see them "in action", would probably look the same. The Schizophrenic appears to be talking to himself - or an aspect broken apart within his own psyche and same with the prophet.

Too many times ive been walking downtown and i come by a weird new ager (you can tell by their looks) who's talking to themself and performing strange actions. Most people would assume that they are crazy; which is possible. But theres always that possibility that they are merely in an unconscious/prophetic state in which they do these strange actions for whatever mystical purpose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join