It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What or Who is God? What is Heaven and Hell?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm not forcing you to believe this. Wether you believe this or not doesn't affect anything.
/disclaimer

God: God is nothing and everything. God is you, me, this universe... God is merely a set of rules. Rules that strive for balance. And That is why God created Heaven and Hell. To balance out what a soul did in the material world.

Heaven and Hell: They are merely places to repent and reap the rewards of what you did. Heaven and Hell are merely 9 concentric circles, Hell being the outer eight and Heaven being the innermost.

I'm merely simplifying what happens.

When a soul leaves the material world, it enters the Gates of Resolution or whatever you want to call it. There you are read your sentence, ie., how many years you must repent before you reach Heaven and redemption. Then you are sent to the corresponding circle. You, the soul, always have the option of restaring, ie., the memories and charasteristics are deleted form the soul and it goes back to the material world but with disadvantages.

But when you do reach Heaven, you are awarded by God.

This is my theory of God , Heaven and Hell. I'm merely using Christian names because the number of christians here.

edit on 1-9-2011 by DoctorSatan because: pressed enter by mistake

edit on 1-9-2011 by DoctorSatan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
God is a mythical being that exists in over-imaginative minds, the existence of his character was created as an evolutionary instinct. Primitive humans who had small chances of survival and believe in a higher being had higher hope than others who saw reality...Which is a good thing in terms of survival.

Today we have no evolutionary need for believing in a higher being because we don't fight for our survival on a day to dag basis. The reason religion still exists today is to control the people through fear.

Heaven and Hell are the fear tactics that oppressive governments use to get their people to not question the evil deeds of TPTB

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
God is innefable source of all; the creator and sustainer of reality, both physical, spiritual. But he is neither defined by his creation, because in essence, he is undefinable.

Nonetheless, as created beings, we infer Gods "thoughts", so to speak, through the medium of created reality.

Heaven is a state of existential joy, pleasure and peace.

Hell is the opposite. Im sure someone in the "9th" circle of hell could care less. He is prepared for his 'final dissolution' in the pits of desolation, following his brief stay in this world.

Pasquels wager has always intrigued me. Id rather live a good life, and hope for a better afterlife, then do as you do; worship satan, the darkside etc.

Not worth the investment if you ask me; a sane person.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Josonic

pretty much it.

any other questions op?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DoctorSatan

The all in everything. You are god.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This is just my opinion:

"God" is the hidden elite group of people who wrote the bible to condition peoples' minds to accept a one-world government. "Hell" is the awakening to how they control nearly every aspect of your life and society and knowing that you will always be a slave in their own system. "Heaven" is the ignorant bliss in knowing that you are humbly serving "God" for a "higher purpose".
edit on 9/1/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
This is just my opinion:

"God" is the hidden elite group of people who wrote the bible to condition peoples' minds to accept a one-world government. "Hell" is the awakening to how they control nearly every aspect of your life and society and knowing that you will always be a slave in their own system. "Heaven" is the ignorant bliss in knowing that you are humbly serving "God" for a "higher purpose".
edit on 9/1/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

THIS is the answer!!!....Well done my friend!

Wake up from your controlled religious stuper's!

Until humans stop this brainwashing of the masses we will always be at war and can not ever live in peace!!....Thats the design of theses"religions"....to control through fear and hate!!!

The worlds problems could be solved if all religion was gone and we all loved each and every one on earth as our brothers and sisters that they are!!!

LOVE is the way forward......Not religion!!
edit on 1-9-2011 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2011 by zerozero00 because: tidy up

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

Dude. Spot #ing on. sorry for the language. but damn. you totally read my mind man.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

You are the devil in sheeps clothing!.(sorry i could not resist)

Problem is i agree with you, so that must make me another devil, we have all been controlled for far too long, but people are slowly getting a handle on it.
edit on 1-9-2011 by brommas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by brommas

Well "Satan" is the allegorical character of anyone who would oppose the Church and their little agenda. Why did Satan tempt Adam and Eve to eat the forbidden fruit and sin? Because "sinning" is what hinders the elite from harvesting material objects for their own greed.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
yeah, let's turn to sharia law, god's own words.

or the patriot act.

hell is living with sharia.

maybe made sense for these people 1400ya after everyone else got a clue. still starting trouble, eh?

not now so much.

but old habits die hard eh?

the only thing i burn would be my steak with a little seasoning.

and that is quite rare.
lol!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
what if (sorry cant make a new thread)
God was male, and church was female,
money was the snake,
and the fruit was us?

syke idk
but maybe

God in the biblical term, is a control tactic, using dogma, and keeping humans halted with growth, or de-evolving us
Hell and heaven, biblical, space and, underground maybe?
or i think its the dif. sides of the polarity of emotion and human mind, guilt, joy, love hate, unconditional, subjective objective, etc
i said this before
God-evil
crazy
another polarity
i think god is the glue of life, the holds matter together, alpha and omega, and time and such, and perception is everything in between
i think higher beings dont exist
only things out of our planet, and in higher dimensions, lower, different vibes, etc
but we all still have one thing in common, which is awareness/perception
i dont think life has a hierarchy
maybe one cell microorganisms are 2D i have no ideaaaaaa

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

First you say this.

God: God is nothing and everything. God is you, me, this universe

Than you go on to say this.

God created Heaven and Hell. To balance out what a soul did in the material world.

If God is you and me, why would God create heaven and hell to condemn him self? Does that make any sense?

Do we really have a personal soul if we are God "i am" ?

If God is all of us and everything, don't we become thee God "i am " when w die?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
God doesn't exist. We used him to cover our ignorance while we were trying to figure out things, but, we're starting to understand more and more, making his existence unnecessary. He was a good fallback when we didn't know something though; it's very easy to just say 'god did it' versus admitting that we don't know what's going on.

And, if the beings they call angels were real, chances are they were ET's. By default they are not of this earth making them extra terrestrials.

I was thinking the other night about heaven though, say by chance that angels were real and they were another race of intelligent beings visiting this planet passing on part of their wisdom, and they told us that when our body passes from this world our energy gets to enter and exist another dimensional plane. If this was told to the ancients I'm not sure they would have truly understood it or known how to fully comprehend that, so they made up this crazy story about what religious people call 'heaven'.

Pred...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josonic
Today we have no evolutionary need for believing in a higher being because we don't fight for our survival on a day to day basis. The reason religion still exists today is to control the people through fear.

Is that a joke? Don't you see people screaming, running, murdering and fighting for money and things?
Why bother waking up every morning and run after money unless we are doing it for survival?

Its called modern survival. It doesn't get us with axes and stones but with economic slavery and corrupt systems stuffed inside our brain. Its true that religion exists to control people but thats only a smoke behind the screen.
edit on 1-9-2011 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rstnh01
what if (sorry cant make a new thread)
God was male, and church was female,
money was the snake,
and the fruit was us?

syke idk
but maybe

God in the biblical term, is a control tactic, using dogma, and keeping humans halted with growth, or de-evolving us
Hell and heaven, biblical, space and, underground maybe?
or i think its the dif. sides of the polarity of emotion and human mind, guilt, joy, love hate, unconditional, subjective objective, etc
i said this before
God-evil
crazy
another polarity
i think god is the glue of life, the holds matter together, alpha and omega, and time and such, and perception is everything in between
i think higher beings dont exist
only things out of our planet, and in higher dimensions, lower, different vibes, etc
but we all still have one thing in common, which is awareness/perception
i dont think life has a hierarchy
maybe one cell microorganisms are 2D i have no ideaaaaaa

over thinking much?

god is god.

simple.

hairy plunderer or cosmic muffin,

whatever you need.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
reply to post by Josonic

pretty much it.

any other questions op?

This doesn't prove anything and why bother posting this?

No answer could prove a sh#t over here.

Someone creates an alien/evolution thread and one religious dude comes in and screams 'demons' and satan. Someone posts about God while atheists march in and shout 'nothing to see here folks!'. Its the custom here nowadays with no real discussion happening.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

lol
no
not over thinking
not a muffin either, more like a griddle

maybe under thinkin?
oover thinking overstanding or understanding?
i asked questions
and responded,
how can someone think to much if they're pondering thoughts?
lol i might be typing and for your mind it could be over thinking.
but in my mind, i think 100000000 times more then any of the statements i've posted
i believe Gawd
not God
but also god, i dont have beliefs though, i just perceive, eves-purse-eve

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Hell is believing that you are separate from God.
Heaven is the realization that you are one with God.

This life is a game of hide and seek. God has hidden himself from himself, he forgets that he is God.
God is Being. God is being everything. This moment and you equals God. This moment can not happen without the presence of God. God is the presence (the present moment, now). God is the unified field. The field is unified in this moment of now, everywhere it is now, all over the universe and it is always now.
Humans don't know the now because they spend (imaginary) time 'thinking' about the past or future, trying to escape the now, using now as a stepping stone to something better. Now is very elusive for people.
So stange that humans can not access the now when all there ever is, is now.
If and when a human locates itself in the now it will be at peace, it will know joy and happiness.
The human has a mind that wants and fears, this mind (which can only ever be one thought at a time appearing presently) is scared. The mind is the generator of fear, its job is to keep you safe but first it has to make you scared, otherwise it will be out of work. This is Hell. Perpetual fear and desire.
The words 'I am' locate you in the present.
The present is a gift. And when this gift (present) is known to be what you are Heaven is the result.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Sounds pretty traditional.

I can't say that I agree, but then I can't say that it really matters whether I do or not. My own take on it all suggests that what you believe or reject as foolishness only affects you, and no one else once you leave the corporeal realm. The specific effort that is served by what we're (each and all) a part of isn't affected by belief in any of it. It'll also succeed regardless of what we do or don't do - collectively and/or individually. It's the simplest and most elegant of engineered solutions, and satisfies a core existential requirement in the only possible way it can be satisfied.

It's sheer genius, but then I'd expect nothing less from the being that initiated it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join