It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a new resident looking for a home at ATS =)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hello,
My name is Emil and I'm a new member here at ATS

I was born in Bulgaria but, i have been residing in the US for 20 years...
My English is not yet perfect and most likely it never will be... hehe
Please excuse my misspellings when i make them and let me know when i do make them so i can learn faster and better

I like you ATS members for your honesty, your willingness to teach others, your quest to learn and find new truths in this life!

thank you for having me in your community...
very truly yours,
emil.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EmilNomel

welcome Emil.

I wouldnt worry aboot spelling ... and I would definitly not try to learn spelling or the engrish language on ATS LOL...

heve fun here and make sure not to take things to heart, honesty can be a little rough from some.

cool avatar BTW

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Well, welcome Emil! I hope you enjoy your time here and I look forward to seeing your contributions in the future!!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Welcome EN...

I like you ATS members for your honesty, your willingness to teach others, your quest to learn and find new truths in this life!

Spot on, and make sure to keep that in mind when engaging other members...as for your English - I've been speaking it for upwards of 39 years and still haven't gotten it figured out.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn

Well, welcome Emil! I hope you enjoy your time here and I look forward to seeing your contributions in the future!!

thank you very kindly... i look forward to contribute asap too! but, 1st i need to get 20 reply posts or something like that and in the mean time i will figure out how to make proper posts

cheers!

emil.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Hi EmilNomel, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

thank you for the handy links and all Sauron

i will be checking them out now...

cheers!

emil.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Welcome, Emil. You're doing great with your English writing skills thus far. It's such a relief to read the complete sentences and better-than-adequate spelling of many of the non-native-English writers here. You'll notice that many of the native speakers are the worst and laziest writers, and it would drive some of us insane were it not for the fact that we're already provably insane for being here....

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Welcome Emil, nice to have you aboard. Any questions then don't be afraid to ask, enjoy yourself

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Welcum! You spelt yer wurds verry gud.

Oh, for sure, someone will come along and correct your spelling mistakes.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hi Emil, nice to "meet" you! Hope you have fun here!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Thanks for your thread and welcome. Just remember, ATS is not a news site. It is an opinion site with news mixed into the opinions.. Let your decisions be based on your own research and not the opinions of others!

Welcome..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Welcome. I don’t know if you will so much as find a home here on ATS, but perhaps what I value so much in my home now and growing up, I hope you at least find a place to speak your mind. Here, I have no doubt you will find the range of ideas, views, and sometimes a pathological rant from time-to-time, interesting... You may find what some people post just off the wall in the extreme. But thats the more “entertaining” side of this site. But the good news , for modern man if you will, is most people are actually quite decent. So enjoy, and try not to scream at your computer (or as my grandfather did at the TV when someone had in his view “a serious burst of the dumb f***s”. Gramp’s smoked three packs of Camels a day until he had to give up the smokes, as by the later part of his life (age76) he was on O2, lived w/ us and my Mom let him know blowing up the house was not an option. He made it to age 83, claiming all the while it was due to his not taking crap from Walter (Cronkite), or anyone else.

Speak your mind, and if you get hit w/a foul case of the “stupids”, feel free to rip the person a new one. Of course being polite costs us nothing... And we’re also less likely to be "tuned out” Have fun.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Welcome Emil, try to occasionally log off and eat and poop.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
thank you all for replying to my post

i didn't expect to feel so welcomed and at home...
you see my mom introduced me to this site a few years ago and i didn't like it at 1st because she would spend so much time reading and trying to make me read interesting threads and help her translate things she could not understand... but, i had my own things to do and didn't have much time to help her
so i was often telling her not to bother me with all this "bull s**t" and i regret that because my mom is now very far away (on the opposite side of the earth globe) and i miss her very much!

i never thought i would ever join your community and forums... i have been only an occasional reader for the past few years but, here i am feeling right at home as soon as walked in and signed up on the site.

thank you.

emil.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFruitLoop
Welcome Emil, try to occasionally log off and eat and poop.

good idea!

i will do that right now... hehe

thanks

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Welcome aboard ..

BTW, what's with the citrus name?

Is your name really emil??
Ya don't have to answer that, just curious..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

my real name is Emil yes!

have been using the Nomel as a pen name since 1993 to make it more citrus and delicious... yes

glad you noticed that

peace

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
welcome to ATS buddy!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
i have been looking over my thread and i was trying to figure out how to edit my replies (just in case if any needs to be edited... i wanted to learn how to do it)
so i finally find out that there is a window of 4 hours to do so... quite understandable

but, now i am wandering if i was within the 4 hour window from my original thread post (say 30 minutes after i make a new thread) and i decide to edit it... will i be able to edit the thread title too?

thank you.

top topics

join